Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay everyone relax page

DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member

Okay everyone relax

Shop Now
    Id like to think this forum consists of open minded people interested in holistic health. Well, Im about to turn 20, and I have been smoking marijuana daily since I was 16. I know, smoking is bad, ive heard the conventional wisdom, done my own research, found studies listing the vast healing powers, and I hope in this day in age, most of us can agree that its not "bad" for you.
    Well, I can credit myself to having great grades,high motivation, superior work ethic, high fitness levels, etc, yet I am a daily consumer of pot. Illegally too. My daily dose consists of 0.2g of medical grade flower, ingested via combustion methods, once a day usually, but always at night after i complete my daily responsibilities.
    I refer to myself as a "productive pothead". Ive taken a few breaks, some as long as 6months of sobriety. I dont drink alcohol, i should mention. Now, I sometimes get lung discomfort, and i am diagnosed with mild asthma, which leads me to the following. I hardly ever have ANY negative symptoms, but I feel like I should probably stop.smoking, in my quest to achieve optimal health. This post really isnt to seek advice, but I was curious if anyone on here partakes in this culture, and also the general consensus about how primal pot is. (There is research pointing to ancient use of the plant, also evidence of psychedelics influencing cave paintings.)

Im not sure if admins ill raise a fuss over this topic, but please refrain from negativity. Im mainly curious to hear everyones thoughts on ganja.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I have no problems with people smoking ganja or anything else for that matter, its' your body, do with it as you will. In a truly free country, you would be free to do it without worry of being arrested for a, truly victimless, act.

As to the effects of marijuana, I'm prone to think that the effects on health by cigarette smoking is more due to the 250 chemicals added to the manufacturing process as required by government regulations to lower tar and nicotine are more at fault than just smoking the tobacco product would have if it was pure tobacco.

There is also more and more evidence to support the claims of positive medical benefits to smoking ganja.

If your going to "medicate" for whatever reason, I have more faith in the all natural stuff (ganja) than the marketed chemicals that doctors will give you.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Vaporizing or dabs would be easier on your lungs and asthma.

Hmmm, wonder if there is a primal recipe for Magic Brownies out there?
    Randal

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    From having 3 pot smoking friends in the house, one of which just spent a stint in hospital, I've learned that if you are going to smoke that frequently get yourself a vaporizer it will help save your lungs. It's not as bad as say smoking a pack of cigarettes a day but you ARE inhaling smoke and almost all the other nasty things you'd get from a cigarette. The difference really is the quantity of smoke but with a daily habit it IS going to add up. Don't get too hung up on the "medicinal" aspects. If you don't have one of the medical conditions that it's been demonstrated to be helpful for (cancer, HIV, etc) then you are doing it recreationally and should be pretty clear in your own mind you are doing it to get high because you want to get high. Oxy is a medicine too but if you were doing that every day and didn't have a condition that warranted it then it would be a "habit" too.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm... It's perfectly clear that inhaling everything but clean air is bad for your lungs. I dare to bet that breathing in city air is just as bad for your lungs than smoking a sticky...
    Here in Holland medicinal pot is provided to MS patients. It appears to help for more things than just that...

The danger in using pot are more to be found in the way you react to it, some people get aggressive, if you become depended on it (as soon as you are addicted you have a problem) and the way you get your pot. (Illegally gained could cause you issues in the criminal world and if you are addicted and in need of a sticky you are willing to do just about everything).
    As long as you control those things and every now and then give your lungs a break and breath a bit more cleaner air, i think you are okay...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hey, no judgement from me whatsoever, but if you feel that your lungs can't handle the smoke, maybe you should consider a different delivery method.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I have never once in my life met an angry pothead. That's simply not how it's targeted. Paranoid? Maybe. Angry? Certainly not.

If you use a vaporizer, keep in mind it's a more level high, as most aren't hot enough to get all the CBD, so it allegedly increases the THC ratio.

If you don't notice anything from smoking it, why worry?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I have never once in my life met an angry pothead.
    ^THIS!^

I spent almost 20 years in Emergency Medical Services. I have never picked up anyone that overdosed on pot, was stoned on pot and had an accident, got angry and hurt or killed someone on pot, never.

The number of injured and dead that I have picked up because of alcohol are in the thousands.

And yet, pot is still illegal in most states.
    Randal

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, wonder if there is a primal recipe for Magic Brownies out there?
    I have made some killer coconut macaroons tho. Steep herb in hot coconut oil for a while, strain, mix in honey, coco powder, coconut flakes and press into a pan and chill. Then cut into squares, eat, then really chiiiiilllllll.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast