Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Okay everyone relax page 5

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    eBay
    Cool. Asking for a friend, of course.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Mostly it's a matter of avoiding the lifestyle. I see a lot of people get sucked into the "lifestyle" and by the time they are 40, they look like crap, feel depressed and have never really made anything of themselves. The word slacker comes to mind. I also see a lot of people who don't get caught up in that trap and end up fine.

I figure the one's that end up in the first category would have ended up there with or without pot. I mean, pot basically makes me overeat and fall asleep. It does that for a lot of people and using it regularly means you might wake up one day at 40 overweight on the couch wondering what happened to the past 20 years. Meanwhile, my neighbor smokes it and is super productive, gets high, puts in all new landscaping, makes some new art pieces and otherwise.

People swear up and down that it's not addictive, but like Turqoisue Passion pointed out, a lot of people who use it expend a lot of effort getting hold of it, and often can't enjoy things without it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy that "omg not addictive" crap. Whether it is physiological or psychological, it is still addiction. If you connect a substance with the quality of your life, you are addicted.

Recreational/social use of it is the same as recreational/social use of alcohol to me. I don't do either (yah I am straight-edged) but I don't mind it.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

ksagle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Mostly it's a matter of avoiding the lifestyle. I see a lot of people get sucked into the "lifestyle" and by the time they are 40, they look like crap, feel depressed and have never really made anything of themselves. The word slacker comes to mind. I also see a lot of people who don't get caught up in that trap and end up fine.

I figure the one's that end up in the first category would have ended up there with or without pot. I mean, pot basically makes me overeat and fall asleep. It does that for a lot of people and using it regularly means you might wake up one day at 40 overweight on the couch wondering what happened to the past 20 years. Meanwhile, my neighbor smokes it and is super productive, gets high, puts in all new landscaping, makes some new art pieces and otherwise.

People swear up and down that it's not addictive, but like Turqoisue Passion pointed out, a lot of people who use it expend a lot of effort getting hold of it, and often can't enjoy things without it.
    Agreed. The issue around it is often the lifestyle that you become involved in. The places you go and the people you see in order to purchase pot are often not ideal / healthy environments to surround yourself with.

As far as it being addictive, I think there are some people who can smoke occasionally as a social thing or to relax.. (much like my glass of wine at the end of the day!) but that's not always the case. A lot of people will see pot as a way to escape and avoid the problems they see in their lives. The pot itself may not be addictive but the feeling of avoiding stress may be and that can quickly become a vicious cycle. I've certainly seen people become addicted to pot, but again, I'm not sure it's necessarily the actual drug but probably the feelings it can produce.

I think it really depends on you. For me, smoking pot just makes me want to sit around and eat crappy food. Not exactly ideal! If this isn't the case for you, and if you honestly feel that you're perfectly able to be productive and otherwise healthy in your life, then I see no reason that you smoking some pot should be any different than me having a nice drink (except maybe the smoke inhalation as others have mentioned). I just think you have to be a little cautious because it's not always easy to make a neutral observation of yourself and to be able to figure out when something you "want to do" becomes something you "need to do".

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Good points, Magnolia

The difference between those 2 types of habitual pot smokers, at least from my observation, is the ones that end up as "Slackers" are essentially self medicating to drown out issues they don't want to confront. They have a reason to want to check out - family, crappy job, crappy relationship or whatever. Pot becomes a coping mechanism to deal with it that while isn't as physiologically damaging as say alcohol or heroin will still keep you from motivating. Pot's worst attribute I believe is that it becomes a motivation sucker and all you wanna do is sit on the couch and eat dorritos.

I think there is a small subset of habitual pot users that use it to slow their minds down enough to actually be productive, otherwise it would always be racing.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345