Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay everyone relax page 2

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    ^THIS!^

I spent almost 20 years in Emergency Medical Services. I have never picked up anyone that overdosed on pot, was stoned on pot and had an accident, got angry and hurt or killed someone on pot, never.

The number of injured and dead that I have picked up because of alcohol are in the thousands.

And yet, pot is still illegal in most states.
    I've met heaps that are angry when they're NOT on pot but want to be, I see this heaps with blokes who work, a few hours into a work day and they turn into grizzly bears

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    I've met heaps that are angry when they're NOT on pot but want to be, I see this heaps with blokes who work, a few hours into a work day and they turn into grizzly bears

Sent from my iPhone
    Correlation != causation

They're angry anyway and perceive pot as the substance that promises to restore stability. Anything can be addictive in an unstable person.
    nihil

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    "This post really isn't to seek advice, but I was curious if anyone on here partakes in this culture, and also the general consensus about how primal pot is. (There is research pointing to ancient use of the plant, also evidence of psychedelics influencing cave paintings.)"

Not sure about pot, but from what I have heard about Native Americans and tobacco, it is generally not a daily use thing. It is something that is used by the shaman for religious ceremonies.

Just speculating here...but, a primal family, gathered around the fire for the night (as suggested by Mark in his book) probably would not all be partaking. There are dangerous critters out there in the night and it pays off to have one or more person with quick reactions that can fend off the animal trying to carry off the baby or eat your venison that you got that day and are hoping to make into jerky the next day. In our modern world there are times when quick reflexes are called for - neighbor needs someone to drive them to the hospital, the drier decides it is time to catch on fire...no, not every day occurrences, but may be something to think about. From the sounds of it you are single, so having a sick kid who need to go to the hospital in the middle of the night would not be something you would be doing right now.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    ^THIS!^

I spent almost 20 years in Emergency Medical Services. I have never picked up anyone that overdosed on pot, was stoned on pot and had an accident, got angry and hurt or killed someone on pot, never.

The number of injured and dead that I have picked up because of alcohol are in the thousands.

And yet, pot is still illegal in most states.
    This x1,000,000,000. The most grisly injuries or fucked-up hostile patients I ever transported in my ambulance were due to alcohol intoxication. I would say the only thing that outmatched a severely belligerent, pissed-off drunk was somebody high on PCP or bath salts, and they didn't even cause nearly as much mayhem and general injury/fatalities as drunks--plus, they were a far more rare encounter.

Not once have I picked up anybody because of pot. Not once. Nor have I heard about such a call, from any of my friends who work EMS.

I always had a "sort of... I guess... I don't care" kind of opinion on marijuana legalization, until I worked EMS. Now I think it's patently absurd that it's illegal when alcohol is perfectly legal (and to a large extent, unregulated).

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Just get a vaporizer and you'll be fine. There are many good ones for under $100.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
    Just get a vaporizer and you'll be fine. There are many good ones for under $100.
    Are those legal to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Are those legal to buy?
    Vaporizers? Of course
    nihil

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Vaporizers? Of course
    Where can you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post