Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Metabolically broken??? page 2

monkspeed is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigal View Post
    Hey guys,

Big favor to ask. HELP!!!! I love this plan but I'm wondering if I need to go back to the old processed Atkins lifestyle???

I have BAD insulin resistance, estrogen dominance symptoms, am in Adrenal fatigue and dealing with infertility. I also need to lose at least 30 pounds that will not drop off and I am STUCK!

In the past I have always been able to lose weight on VLC if I stay at around 20-30 grams of carbs and once I hit ketosis up the fat intake. However how do you make this a lifestyle??

Currently on the weekends I make Paleo apple pie, pancakes fun foods that make this a lifestyle. Does anyone have any websites that have fun foods that would help me stay in ketosis to lose this weight?? I want to enjoy fall and the holidays with my family. I'm not sure how to just eat meat, veggies and fat 24/7???

I have looked up all the Atkins Induction recipes and all have processed gross food in them that now I could not even touch!!! I LOVE Paleo but tonight I am feeling down that two years into this I am still overweight which in itself is holding me back from doing soo many things I want to do!!!

Sorry I needed to vent tonight. I am soo sick of being sick and fat!!!!

I am only 5'0 and currently 145 pounds. I need to get at least 30 pounds off this frame!!!! Would LOVE to go from a size large to a small.

Thanks for all your patience!!!!

at myself

Hi Kiwigal, don't be mad at yourself, that's the first and most important suggestion!
    Second, maybe you are eating too much meat, remember too much protein also gets converted to glucose. Try to aim for 0.6 x lean body weight (marks figures) so for you that's (I'm wildly assuming you are around 30% body fat) 145 x 30% = 101.5lbs lbm, now 101.5lbs x 0.6 = 60.9g of protein requirement per day.

That's about two medium sized chicken breasts, or 10 large eggs per day.
    Have some salad (use liberal olive oil on your salad) with your protein. Cook your protein in butter, and try to cut out the fruits as they can slow down your weight loss effort. Good luck! :-)
    Last edited by monkspeed; 09-22-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I am super glucose-intolerant, so a keto diet is my way of life.

I make sure to eat mostly fat, keep my protein around 60 gm/day and limit carbs to about 30 gm/day.

I eat eggs, lovely European cheeses, bacon, all sorts of pastured meat, wild salmon, liver and liver pâté, bone broth, occasional nuts, minimal veggies (FODMAPS-intolerant), seaweed salad, olives, pickles, heavy cream in my tea, and chocolate butter.

Apples are just bags of sugar! I eat a few berries, but keep fruit to a minimum. Not tempted by carbs much these days...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Squash and sweet potatoes are good warm fall foods. Herbs and spices are your friend. Learn to cook. It is empowering and really does taste better.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys for all of your help!!!!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    For those doing VLC how are you dealing with the fall season??? Apple pies, warm carbs even if they are Paleo approved???
    What I mostly hear you talking about is not wanting to give up these "comfort" foods. I think doing a lot of work around mindset, rather than looking for approved substitutions, would be a better bet for you long term.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    If you want apples do some sort of baked apple cinnamon butter concoction. I'm sure that would be good.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What's so special about the fall?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Coloured leaves, ragweed pollen....Something for everyone.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I agree, ya gotta learn to cook. Case in point, I have a leftover dish sitting in the fridge now comprised of ground pastured elk, pasta sauce, green beans, and topped with a sprinkling of raw organic cheese. My husband SWEARS this replaces pasta for him - and he doesn't even have to stay low carb!

I got good at making cauliflower replace mashed potatoes (the secret is a head of roasted garlic and a single potato in the mash, the carbs are negligible but the texture improvement is amazing!) and rice (chopped fine and with a sprinkling of tamari)

Green beans are a good base for a pasta meat sauce. Mushrooms work too. Zucchini makes great noodles. Spaghetti squash is amazing.

It comes down to this: Be DISCIPLINED. Discipline is giving up what you want NOW for what you want MOST.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

Big favor to ask. HELP!!!! I love this plan but I'm wondering if I need to go back to the old processed Atkins lifestyle???

I have BAD insulin resistance, estrogen dominance symptoms, am in Adrenal fatigue and dealing with infertility. I also need to lose at least 30 pounds that will not drop off and I am STUCK!

In the past I have always been able to lose weight on VLC if I stay at around 20-30 grams of carbs and once I hit ketosis up the fat intake. However how do you make this a lifestyle??

Currently on the weekends I make Paleo apple pie, pancakes fun foods that make this a lifestyle. Does anyone have any websites that have fun foods that would help me stay in ketosis to lose this weight?? I want to enjoy fall and the holidays with my family. I'm not sure how to just eat meat, veggies and fat 24/7???

I have looked up all the Atkins Induction recipes and all have processed gross food in them that now I could not even touch!!! I LOVE Paleo but tonight I am feeling down that two years into this I am still overweight which in itself is holding me back from doing soo many things I want to do!!!

Sorry I needed to vent tonight. I am soo sick of being sick and fat!!!!

I am only 5'0 and currently 145 pounds. I need to get at least 30 pounds off this frame!!!! Would LOVE to go from a size large to a small.

Thanks for all your patience!!!!

at myself

My heart goes out to you because of all these struggles and I just really want to add if you can eliminate all sugary items like apple pies, pancakes, ect. while also adding in a hearty exercise program, you will not believe how fast your health will turn around. No Stevia, no fake sugars, no sugars at all - because they are wrecking you. By the way, whoever said Stevia does not raise insulin levels is dead wrong.

I sincerely just want you to know that all the problems you are dealing with can be fixed by fixing sugar in all forms out of your life. If I were you I would let fruit, potatoes and rice be my occasional sweet treats.

Life is short and is going by so quickly. Miss out on all of your fall/winter favorites for one or two seasons so you can enjoy many more seasons ahead! Best of Luck to you! (((HUGS)))

ETA: I just want to add to you, because of these struggles, I'm saying just FOR NOW you should get rid of alllll sugar until you can consistently stabilize your blood sugar and by doing so will help with your other challenges. This will be temporary - the more disciplined you are the more temporary it will be.
    Love the above recipe ideas! Those are great tips and advice!
    Last edited by JulieRUNS; 09-24-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast