Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating Coconut Oil? page

Bakonator is offline Member

Eating Coconut Oil?

Primal Fuel
    I've heard a lot of people say they eat coconut oil. Do they mean just straight out of the container? Mine is solid, I'm guessing that's regular with all the sat. fat. Is it tasty? It smells really good, but eating it?

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    I often eat it straight out of the jar. If I am starving, and trying to fight off a junk-carb craving, a spoonful of it does the trick.

I also put a spoon of it in coffee sometimes (weird I know...but it melts down and I can drink it) and blend it in my protein shakes.

geekfish is offline Junior Member
    I eat a spoonful in the morning and anytime I need to fight off a carb-craving like Phil-SC. I find if I forget in the morning I start to get hunger sooner in the day. Usually I eat a nice breakfast and I'm not really hungry until dinner. If I forget my cocunut oil I notice a mid-afternoon hunger craving sometimes.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    The taste of it on its own doesn't do much for me. Melt it, stir in cocoa powder and let set. Boom, coconut oil chocolate. Heaven, no sugar. Careful if you like dark chocolate, you wont stop.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I'm an idiot. I added coconut oil to ICED coffee one day in liquid form. Well duh! If it goes below a certain temp is goes back to being a solid and I had little chunks of it floating around in my iced coffee. I drank it anyway because I didn't want to waste it or the organic heavy cream I put in my coffee.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I make little chocolates made of half and half coconut oil and 85% chocolate. Yum! Melt them together and pour into ice cube trays or similar

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    when I've blended it into a shake it always seems to solidify into hard little pebbles. any ideas?

Styopa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    The taste of it on its own doesn't do much for me. Melt it, stir in cocoa powder and let set. Boom, coconut oil chocolate. Heaven, no sugar. Careful if you like dark chocolate, you wont stop.
    I made something similar today. Coconut oil, cream, cocoa powder and chopped strawberries. Mixed everything and put it in the fridge for a bit. Voilą coconut oil mousse au chocolat.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I have yet to make an awesome dessert like that. Gotta get to it @_@
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I'd never tried a spoonful until just now. I wrote in my journal that I am hungry atm, but waiting for a big dinner to eat. You guys lied though. A spoonful didn't work. It took two. So good, so buttery. Mmmmm. Good lip moisturizer too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast