Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picky about breakfast - no gluten, no dairy, no eggs, no bacon, but... page 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    There's no reason why you can't eat lunch/dinner foods for breakfast. So basically eat what you like.

Soup, chili, leftovers from dinner, fruit, shrimp cocktail, baked potato, fruit smoothie, smoked oysters, cheese, milk, etc.
    Word.

Seriously, you sound like the perfect candidate for skipping breakfast altogether. Traditional breakfasts are usually pretty fattening anyway - fried eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes with butter and syrup, fried potatoes - the "classic" breakfast is a sugar-coated grease ball. Even amongst the paleo/Primal folk, I usually see fried eggs, bacon and avocado...fat, fat, fat, not much protein to be found. IMO it's the most important meal to skip of the day. I do my coffee with a couple drops of stevia and 1 teaspoon of half and half to take the "edge" off, and that's it. Sometimes I'll go nuts and put 3 or 4 semisweet chocolate chips and a few drops of vanilla extract in it, but only when I'm not wearing pants because I'm feeling dangerous.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 09-23-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

jenhamer is offline Junior Member
    Paleo porridge
    1 banana mashed
    3/4 cup of almond flour
    2 tablespoons of flaxseed
    1 cup of almond milk
    cinnamon

Mix all together and then cook on the hob stirring continuously. Takes roughly 3 minutes, and you will have delicious porridge. I add blueberries and walnuts to mine.
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jenhamer View Post
    Paleo porridge
    1 banana mashed
    3/4 cup of almond flour
    2 tablespoons of flaxseed
    1 cup of almond milk
    cinnamon

Mix all together and then cook on the hob stirring continuously. Takes roughly 3 minutes, and you will have delicious porridge. I add blueberries and walnuts to mine.
    hope this helps
    Oatmeal or grits would probably be a healthier choice. That's a lot of poor quality fat and almond milk is pretty lousy stuff. Regular milk is the best kind of milk.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Mixed Pork and Veal Mince (ground meat). Add some mixed dried herbs to taste (I like oregano), salt and pepper, dried onion bits and a small sprinkle of coconut aminos. Mix and form into flat patties and freeze in portions. Move portion from Freezer to Fridge the night before for speed of cooking.

The trick is to make the patties as thin as you can easily handle. That way they cook very quickly for a weekday breakfast. I make mine sort of oval shaped so they fit in my smaller pan to reduce washing up.

Chocotaco I don't quite know where you think the unhealthy fats are as this is a paleo recipe, and my almond milk contains almonds and water. In my view this is a healthy meal and I thought oatmeal were not paleo anyway?

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Let me guess:
    - almond flour: PUFA*
    - flaxseeds : PUFA*
    - wlanuts: PUFA*

(*poly-unsaturated fats)

ChocoTaco369 is "allergic" to PUFAs ...

Enjoy your "paleo" breakfast Personally, I would go with the oatmeal as well. It is a decent grain and blends well with butter, vanilla and honey (or xylitol) + a banana or some berries. I don't eat breakfast but that is what I give my kids half of the time, when it is not an omelet with bacon or sausages (all organic, grassfed, gluten-free, ladida ...).

marc is offline Member
    Start with the basics....

First thing you need to do when you wake up, is kickstart the Heart and let the energy shoot through your veins.

Have a Cold Shower, followed by a Hot one, blend some Citrus fruits with a dollop of Honey to refresh and revive.

Relax with some Cocoa and have a Banana to get the digestive system going.

Grab a handful of Nuts and Grapes, and use them as natures Jelly Beans.
    Magnesium in the Nuts I liken to natural Prozac.
    Grapes, prevent blood clotting, it will keep everything flowing.

Those are some of my suggestions... Breakfast is important to give the body what it needs for the rest of the day, there would be no point having a balanced Lunch and Tea if your Breakfast ain't satisfying enough.
    Last edited by marc; 09-24-2013 at 01:42 AM.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenhamer View Post
    Chocotaco I don't quite know where you think the unhealthy fats are as this is a paleo recipe, and my almond milk contains almonds and water. In my view this is a healthy meal and I thought oatmeal were not paleo anyway?
    Lots of unsatruated fats in that, flax-seed is omega 3 so it may even be prone to more oxidation. Oatmeal isn't too bad, even though it isn't paleo.

It's not just the PUFA, though that's a big problem since they'll likely polymerize inside the body to an extent. Those foods are very rich in estrogenic lignans, high in lectins, are very calorie dense, not very nutritious, very high in phytate and contain very poor quality fiber. People rag on grains for being difficult to digest - and they are - but nuts and seeds are even more difficult to digest. They're IMO the absolute worst. That's not to say I never eat nuts - I do here and there - but seeds like flax, chia, hemp...I can't understand why anyone would eat them. They're bad for you and taste terrible. It's just inflammatory stuff.

PrimalCon New York
    I think sometimes its what works for you. I don't seem to suffer at all from eating nuts and seeds, just like some people find that going paleo does not work for them. It would not be right if we were all the same, we all react differently to different things. Good luck with what your doing, but personally I am sticking to what works for me, hey we only live once

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast