Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipes for Shark Meat page

BlkSabbath74 is offline Member

Recipes for Shark Meat

Primal Fuel
    I need some good recipes for Shark Meat.

I am getting tired of wasting the whole fish just because those Japs will only buy the fin.

Thanks in advance.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we get smaller sharks here, such as rig, which i really like. i am not so very into the shark fin trade tho i have to say.

i pan fry rig in butter with some herb salt and mainly eat it like that. since it is a firm fish, i also make thai curries with it. so chop the fish up into cubes and fry it up with onions and garlic ( if you can be bothered to chop them up ), add in some thai curry paste. i find red works best. can of coconut milk. bit of fish sauce. random other seasonings such as grated fresh ginger, chopped fresh coriander. you can add in things like pineapple chunks or different veges like mushrooms too. i then eat it either as a soup or over steamed veges. you can just have it with rice but i dont like rice. you could also put shark in any recipe which calls for a firm white fleshed fish.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The term "jap" is very offensive and not even accurate in this case.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Shark meat is one of the few I avoid for its mercury:selenium ratios. Also, not a fish, but don't eat pilot whales. Like the Japanese do.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The term "jap" is very offensive and not even accurate in this case.
    lol How come only white people are actually offended by this shit?

Don't eat shark
    Last edited by Derpamix; 09-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Derp, it's just so low rent to categorize an entire group of people with a racial slur. Sure free speech and all, but is it really so difficult to say something like "my Japanese customers" rather than "those Japs?"

If I were to say, well it's to be expected because the OP is Southern and all rednecks are stupid bigots, wouldn't that be offensive? (I don't feel that way, by the way, it's just an example.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Derp, it's just so low rent to categorize an entire group of people with a racial slur. Sure free speech and all, but is it really so difficult to say something like "my Japanese customers" rather than "those Japs?"

If I were to say, well it's to be expected because the OP is Southern and all rednecks are stupid bigots, wouldn't that be offensive? (I don't feel that way, by the way, it's just an example.)
    Thing is, they're just words. It even makes sense as an abbreviation. Most Japanese people don't even know "Jap" is used as a derogatory term, pretty sure, seeing as how I talk to them frequently online due to the boards I visit.

The whole my feelings stuff has to stop, honestly. It'd be one thing if it weren't white people doing that the most due to some perceived fake privilege and needing something to feel guilty about to make themselves seem like better more sensitive people. Oh well, not really the topic for this, so
    nihil

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If I had a shark I would just cut it up and fry it like everything else.

I also wish more people would make fun of white people. Sometimes I feel left out.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Here we call that "Flake", which is gummy shark.

Its eaten just like any white fish, pan fried in butter is lovely. Battered is great too.

BlkSabbath74 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If I had a shark I would just cut it up and fry it like everything else.

I also wish more people would make fun of white people. Sometimes I feel left out.
    Mostly what I get is Bullshark down in the gulf. They are like a trash fish of sharks. They are mean as hell and will hit anything.

I just hate to throw them back in the gulf and watch them bleed out. Seems like a waste. But if they aren't safe to eat, oh well.

They will sometimes eat their own. Something will eat it I guess.

Say what you will about the Japs, but at least I can get something out of the sharks. Too bad they won't buy dolphin fins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast