Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diet analysis page 3

jenhamer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ha Ha thank you oceangrl, lets hope so. You can make me the soup, may be a bit difficult to transport it lol x

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Oh shoot..just saw where you are. I just spent ten days in Yorkshire ( Harrogate) and 4 days in London. I was bored. I SO would have come cooked for/with you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I understand your situation. I have been struggling to stay the same weight and not lose more, which is REALLY weird for me. Ditching the grains has really done that to me. You at around 93lbs and me around 96 but I am slightly over an inch shorter than you. I can't imagine trying to keep my weight up on your diet, for me lots of fatty meats, wish luscious fatty sauces, oils and potato have helped, and I do very little exercise. I think the smoothie idea is a good one, easy to add lots of fat and yumminess to that which is easy to drink. I also had pancakes like you this morning but always have about 4 rashers of bacon on top of that. I always have dessert after a meal of fruits,mainly berries covered in coconut cream or have coconut ice-cream. Rice pudding is something I would have if I could have dairy, but it just isn't the same with coconut cream. I wouldn't worry too much about the safe grains, or a little sugar given weight is on the low side, I find those things stimulate my appetite. Good luck, I don't think I could do it without mega meat.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Thanks silvergirl, yes its so hard. That was why I was having the gluten free oatcake with my lunch and sometimes dinner, as it was easy calories to add in, but obviously not enough. But then some members have told me to ditch it completely. I know my body is not right as I don't menustrate which is my main concern as I would like children in the future so know I need to sort it out. whats your view on carb intake, im thinking mine must be too low for someone of my activity level but not sure? Also do you think its possible to overdose on protein amount, for example my protein today would consist of 2 eggs, 1 chicken breast, 30g of feta, 100g of natural yogurt, whole seam bream, and then any protein in all my veggies? Still very confused as to whether this lifestyle is going to work for me. I really want it too as I believe its the healthiest way to live (despite my parents saying its orthorexia). Reasure me?

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Hehe... when I clicked on this thread I was honestly expecting to see a huge list of food, things I could never eat without gaining weight. Then I would click away in disgust. But you're actually eating a lot like I do, and I'm in the process of losing weight. You might be eating less! I would cut down on the exercise a bit and try to include more small, nutrient rich foods like nuts and avocado. Maybe smoothies? Those are easy to get down. A smoothy right after a workout is nice. Hope this helps!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenhamer View Post
    Thanks silvergirl, yes its so hard. That was why I was having the gluten free oatcake with my lunch and sometimes dinner, as it was easy calories to add in, but obviously not enough. But then some members have told me to ditch it completely. I know my body is not right as I don't menustrate which is my main concern as I would like children in the future so know I need to sort it out. whats your view on carb intake, im thinking mine must be too low for someone of my activity level but not sure? Also do you think its possible to overdose on protein amount, for example my protein today would consist of 2 eggs, 1 chicken breast, 30g of feta, 100g of natural yogurt, whole seam bream, and then any protein in all my veggies? Still very confused as to whether this lifestyle is going to work for me. I really want it too as I believe its the healthiest way to live (despite my parents saying its orthorexia). Reasure me?
    Maybe include some potatoes, if you can? Personally I love fried potatoes, you could easily add them to the fish. Have you read the Perfect Health Diet? It's a really good book and might help.

Thanks Wildrose, no have not read the book, but will have a look on amazon for it. have taken on all the advise from my fellow primal friends here and gonna give it a shot

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    No matter what your eating, the amount of exercise you're doing, you WILL be burning through large amounts of glycogen. All this advice to up fat is DANGEROUS, if you aren't eating lots of protein and carbs or big amounts of each macro individually you are heading for a big crash. To replace your glycogen currently your body will probably choose to catabolise your extremely precious body tissue. At least with your CW runners diet you where getting lots of carbs to replace glycogen.

My recommendation for you would be to eat primal carbs at every meal and at the same meals eat lots of quality protein. This will put you into an anabolic state (where you store stuff into your body). I also recommend not eating large amounts of veggies, this will waste stomach space you need for carbs and protein.

Both eating fat and exercising puts your body into a catabolic state. You need to be in an anabolic state, this happens when you rest and eat carbs and also protein to a lesser extent. I'm not surprised your legs feel heavy.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    either you're going to have to stretch your stomach and just eat until you're uncomfortably full,

reduce your exercise by a lot,

or consume tons of high-calorie-density foods like coconut oil, butter (TONS), clean Ice Cream (Haagen Dazs), cheese, nut butter, etc.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenhamer View Post
    No I don't think you need to worry that you are having too much protein, I am most likely having more. As far as the GF cookie is concerned, I personally have been having the odd GF/dairy/egg free cookie myself to try and up my calories, but I have found that I don't really feel good on them, they do help with the intake, but I have more energy and feel less bloated without them. I prefer to keep away from the GF baked goods. I think it could be a good idea to not have them for a little while, then reintroduce to see if you really are doing ok on them, sometimes those things are just what is making us tired and off. They don't usually have great nutrients in them anyway. I just made a batch of popsicles by blending frozen mango chucks, banana, a can of coconut milk and a tbsp of maple syrup. I make that sort of thing a lot more now to up the calories. I also think it Primal is the best way to live, but I am still testing out and learning things. Has your thyroid been checked? could you be at all hyperthyroid? With all your running etc. it sounds like you have a lot of energy you feel the need to release, it also would cause over weight loss and lack of menses. As to carb levels I think you have to try different levels to see what works for you. Particularly as you are exercising so much. Starchy carb like a rice pudding would up those levels really fast is it isn't a problem for you. You have to experiment a lot, one thing at a time to see what works for you body Potato too is a good help. I do think you probably should up your carb levels and see the impact.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 09-21-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast