Thread: One confused beginner - help please! page

naturomel is offline Junior Member

One confused beginner - help please!

Hi

Could you please take a look at my stats and let me know if I've calculated the correct amount of protein calories for myself per day?

Weight 125 kg/275.6 lbs
    Fat = 53.7%
    LBM = 55.8 kg/123 lbs

I've calculated 410 protein calories per day. Is this the minimum protein calories I should have or the ideal?

I tried to use the fit day calculator but couldn't find it when I logged on

I'd like to do this right so any help you can provide me with is greatly appreciated. I am confusing myself trying to do all these calculations.

Can you also help with the Macro nutrients calculation? And if I want to lose 2 pounds per week minimum then what caloric deficit do I need?

I've read the book but its still not clicking!

Many thanks
    MEL

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    it looks as if you need 86g protein perday using .7g per lb body weight and 50-100g carb....and the rest in fat.

the minimum protein recommendation is .5g per lb lbm/day and that's for the most sedentary of individuals. .7g/lb lbm/day is Mark's typical recommendation. Some will need more.

Fitday has many errors in their database and some problems with their algorithm (ie incorrectly calculating numbers). I prefer dailyburn.com or nutritiondata.com Nutritiondata is the most thorough but the u/i is awful. Dailyburn is the most user friendly but only gives protein/carb/fat on the free version....but I really do love it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

naturomel is offline Junior Member

A little more explanation?

Hi
    Thanks for that. Could you confirm is that 86 grams of meat or protein derived from meat?

M

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    it looks as if you need 86g protein perday using .7g per lb body weight and 50-100g carb....and the rest in fat.

the minimum protein recommendation is .5g per lb lbm/day and that's for the most sedentary of individuals. .7g/lb lbm/day is Mark's typical recommendation. Some will need more.

Fitday has many errors in their database and some problems with their algorithm (ie incorrectly calculating numbers). I prefer dailyburn.com or nutritiondata.com Nutritiondata is the most thorough but the u/i is awful. Dailyburn is the most user friendly but only gives protein/carb/fat on the free version....but I really do love it.
    What she said... really though.

I would shoot for an even 100. If some days you fail to reach it then its no big deal. Some days you may get a lot more.

I personally shoot for about 80 grams of protein from animal foods... chicken, eggs, grass fed beef, fish, and whey protein once in a while. I get around 20 or so from other foods. Veggies like broccoli and asparagus as well as nuts have a good amount.

Some days I will get around 60 maybe (rarity) while some days I may eat as much as 150 grams. I average just over 100 I believe... this is all an educated guess.

I have about 110 lbs. of lean body mass. So I go for 70% of lean body mass for amount of grams per day of protein from animal foods. The rest will come from other foods such as veggies allowing me to get up to 100% of my total lean body mass.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

invino77 is offline Senior Member
    I am new at this too, but, I wanted to weigh in. From a psychological perspective, it can be overwhelming to calculate all this stuff. I think, we could say, that if you can go to an all meat, approved primal fat, veggie ( non starchy so no peas or butternut squash for a while) diet and avoid fruit and dont rely heavily on nuts, you will start seeing results. if you are also eliminating dairy, you should really see results fast.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    One ounce of meat has seven grams of protein. So you'll want about 12 or 13 ounces of meat a day to meet that protein requirement, assuming that's all you eat for protein.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/wha...roteinfood.htm <-- source.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by invino77 View Post
    I am new at this too, but, I wanted to weigh in. From a psychological perspective, it can be overwhelming to calculate all this stuff. I think, we could say, that if you can go to an all meat, approved primal fat, veggie ( non starchy so no peas or butternut squash for a while) diet and avoid fruit and dont rely heavily on nuts, you will start seeing results. if you are also eliminating dairy, you should really see results fast.
    I agree with this. Just eat all primal food with a focus on meat and veggies (don't forget leafy greens!). I still eat a good amount of fruit in the forms of berries, cherries, apples. I also enjoy 1/2 banana a few times a week - perfect for smoothies. Eat no more than 1 serving of nuts a day. Fish is the best animal food, but also expensive. Eggs are very cheap.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!