Thread: Hello page

carinlynchin is offline Junior Member

Hello

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm new....I've dieted in the past, pretty successfully...but since my last child for the first time I can say that I literally gain ALL of it back....never did before..only about 5 lbs...

I've read and studied, do I know what I need to do..but I think I'm literally an addict...("hello, my name is Carine...and I'm addicted to food")

I think I need support to stay on the path. It's really a life long struggle which sadly I realized about 8 years ago..at 22...when I realized my eating pattern was a life long struggle.

I've gone from about where I'm at now...(195ish....shhhhh ) to a size 7, almost 5 with diet and exercise. However this time I just can't seem to keep it going....I'm stuck. I'm now 30 ( actually 29 for the second time....our little secret)...so I hate to resort to the excuse of age....but I don't know what else to think.

I'm getting married to the love of my life who saw my from 188 to 129....and back to 196....9 years together...we're finally tying the knot...we knew we would back in 2006...but things just got postponed etc...well I have the dress...but guess what...it's when I was about 130.

Our wedding date is May 31...so I have till then to get back to that size. I need friends who will stick with me for that many months...for encouragement etc.

So message me if you think you can be my diet buddy or trainer.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Hi, don't think of primal as a struggle and a diet. Food is there to enjoy and primal has plenty of healthy, delicious foods. Not loads of excercising as well, just a moderate amount of intense exercise like lifting and sprinting, try to do it in a fun way, you might enjoy sprinting to catch a Frisbee while playing with your kids or husband, swimming, or any other activity. And try to get enough sleep, even though you have a baby.
    At first you will be adjusting but soon enough you will not want to return to your old lifestyle.

carinlynchin is offline Junior Member
    Thank you. Do you know if fruits are allowed? I know I'm a sugar junkie...lol...but fruits are as close as I can get to satisfy cravings. I've gone Atkins before and it was pretty cool that I didn't crave sugar anymore. But I also know that there are many health benefits from fruits...so it's it allowed on primal?

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Hey there,
    I would like to say to you that you really don't need to put your self under that kind of pressure. A certain weight by a certain time will probably only lead to you fighting your self, ie bad news.

My advice would be this. Trust your body to configure itself optimally, by providing everything it would expect to come across if it where to be living in a good season in the wild. Plenty of fresh food of all types (carbs, proteins and fats), variations in food amounts and macro types, plenty of varied movement, plenty of rest, good sleep and don't worry about too much.

If you don't make your dress size in the half a year it's quite fine. Buy a new one and marry the man of your dreams on a special day with plenty of loving family and friends to wish you well. Your bloke will probably love you in what ever shape or size that you walk down the isle to him, so why shouldn't you.

I often look back with my wife, on my wedding foto's from nearly 2 years ago now and have a giggle at us being collectively 100 pounds heavier back then. Still fuckin love my wife as much as that day right now, I think that's what is important.

Edit: With the pressure off you will probably find the body shape results you want, will be much easier to attain.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 09-22-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carinlynchin View Post
    Thank you. Do you know if fruits are allowed? I know I'm a sugar junkie...lol...but fruits are as close as I can get to satisfy cravings. I've gone Atkins before and it was pretty cool that I didn't crave sugar anymore. But I also know that there are many health benefits from fruits...so it's it allowed on primal?

Yes, fruit is allowed. Eat fresh fruit, not dried or juice. I you want to lose weight stick mostly to berries and stonefruit, but a moderate amount of other fruit is fine. There is a blog about fruit, search marks main site

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your man loves you whatever size you are. Just do primal for your health and not for fitting into a dress. You will likely lose the weight naturally. Primal isn't a diet... It is more of a philosophy on how to live life (destress, play more, connect with nature, enjoy quality over quantity).
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel