Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy's Baja Salad page

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

Wendy's Baja Salad

Primal Fuel
    Sooooo I would like to hear some comments about the primality of the Wendy's Baja Salad. It has iceberg and romaine lettuce (maybe another kind), guacamole, mozarella and colby cheese, tomatoes, onions....then on the side, Wendy's chili, salad dressing, and tortilla strips. I always throw away the tortilla strips and salad dressing, then add the chili and 2 of their sour creams. Here's my synopsis.....some pretty good primal stuff, like the greens and veggies and guac, some not bad primal stuff like beef in the chili and sour cream, but probably not from grass fed beef, and the cheese same thing. The beans in the chili are probably the most non-primal thing in there the way I eat it, and there aren't that many of those. I am on the road with not much money to spend, and I just ate one Thoughts? I think I could do much worse, but could probably do better?
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I'd bet soy oil makes an appearance in the guac, chili, sour cream or cheese.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Soy oil and corn syrup in the chili.

You probably could not do much better, it's a pain in the ass how much soy oil and corn syrup ends up in everything that is affordable and convenient.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Here are the actual ingredients:

Spring Mix- Baby Lettuces (red & green Romaine, red & green oak, red & green leaf, lolla Rosa, tango), Spinach, Mizuna Arugula, Tatsoi, Red Chard, Green Chard.

Pico de Gallo(uncooked salsa)- Tomatoes, Onions, Pico de Gallo Base (water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, jalapeno peppers [including dehydrated], lime puree [lime juice concentrate, water, pulp cells, lime oil, lime peel], salt, concentrated lime juice, xanthan gum, onion [dehydrated], garlic [dehydrated], natural flavors, oleoresin rosemary), Cilantro.

Wendy’s Chili- Chili Base (water, tomatoes, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride), Ground Beef, Vegetable Mix (onions, celery, green peppers), Chili Beans (beans, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavorings, onion powder, calcium chloride), Kidney Beans (kidney beans, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavorings, onion powder, calcium chloride, disodium EDTA [preservative]), Chili Seasoning (sugar, salt, modified corn starch, chili pepper, onion powder, spices, dextrose, garlic powder, citric acid, disodium inosinate & guanylate, xanthan gum, autolyzed yeast extract, soybean oil, caramel color, extractives of paprika, malic acid, red 40, natural and artificial flavor, silicon dioxide [anticaking agent]).

Guacamole- Hass Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Jalapeno, Salt, Cilantro, Sugar, Erythorbic Acid and/or Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Jalapeno Chili Powder, Garlic (dehydrated), Onion (dehydrated) , Citric Acid, Lime Juice Powder.

Cheddar & Pepper Jack Cheese Blend- Cheddar Cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color, potato starch and powdered cellulose [to prevent caking], natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]), Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers (cultured pasteurized milk, jalapeno peppers, salt, enzyme, potato starch and powdered cellulose [to prevent caking], natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]). CONTAINS: MILK

Seasoned Tortilla Strips- Whole Corn, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following: corn, soybean, sunflower or cottonseed oil), Sea Salt, Corn Maltodextrin, Buttermilk Powder, Spice, Tomato Powder, Sweet Cream, Onion Powder, Cheddar Cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Sugar, Gum Arabic, Vinegar Solids, Nonfat Milk Solids, Rice Concentrate, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Extractives of Paprika, Disodium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin. CONTAINS: MILK, SOY.
    nihil

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

You probably could not do much better, it's a pain in the ass how much soy oil and corn syrup ends up in everything that is affordable and convenient.
    Man that sucks.

I eat the Cobb salad from chick fil a sometimes but the dressing is awful. I'm not sure if they have one that isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Sheesh there is soy in EVERYTHING....dammit to hell anyway.....thanks!

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Mmm oleoresin rosemary. Sounds yummy.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Here are the actual ingredients:

Spring Mix- Baby Lettuces (red & green Romaine, red & green oak, red & green leaf, lolla Rosa, tango), Spinach, Mizuna Arugula, Tatsoi, Red Chard, Green Chard.

Pico de Gallo(uncooked salsa)- Tomatoes, Onions, Pico de Gallo Base (water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, jalapeno peppers [including dehydrated], lime puree [lime juice concentrate, water, pulp cells, lime oil, lime peel], salt, concentrated lime juice, xanthan gum, onion [dehydrated], garlic [dehydrated], natural flavors, oleoresin rosemary), Cilantro.

Wendy’s Chili- Chili Base (water, tomatoes, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride), Ground Beef, Vegetable Mix (onions, celery, green peppers), Chili Beans (beans, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavorings, onion powder, calcium chloride), Kidney Beans (kidney beans, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, natural flavorings, onion powder, calcium chloride, disodium EDTA [preservative]), Chili Seasoning (sugar, salt, modified corn starch, chili pepper, onion powder, spices, dextrose, garlic powder, citric acid, disodium inosinate & guanylate, xanthan gum, autolyzed yeast extract, soybean oil, caramel color, extractives of paprika, malic acid, red 40, natural and artificial flavor, silicon dioxide [anticaking agent]).

Guacamole- Hass Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Jalapeno, Salt, Cilantro, Sugar, Erythorbic Acid and/or Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Jalapeno Chili Powder, Garlic (dehydrated), Onion (dehydrated) , Citric Acid, Lime Juice Powder.

Cheddar & Pepper Jack Cheese Blend- Cheddar Cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color, potato starch and powdered cellulose [to prevent caking], natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]), Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers (cultured pasteurized milk, jalapeno peppers, salt, enzyme, potato starch and powdered cellulose [to prevent caking], natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]). CONTAINS: MILK

Seasoned Tortilla Strips- Whole Corn, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following: corn, soybean, sunflower or cottonseed oil), Sea Salt, Corn Maltodextrin, Buttermilk Powder, Spice, Tomato Powder, Sweet Cream, Onion Powder, Cheddar Cheese (milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Sugar, Gum Arabic, Vinegar Solids, Nonfat Milk Solids, Rice Concentrate, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Extractives of Paprika, Disodium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin. CONTAINS: MILK, SOY.
    Thanks, Derpa! I was just in the process of looking for all that......a whole lot of chemicals in there for sure.

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    Sheesh there is soy in EVERYTHING....dammit to hell anyway.....thanks!
    They are extremely cheap to make, and allows industry giants to obtain monopoly patents concerning food preparation. They're working diligently to phase out the farmer. Funny enough, pesticides are rarely needed to be used on soy and canola, because the plant in its raw form is very toxic, and even insects avoid it(you even see this when they instinctively avoid vegetable oil based margarines)

How It's Made - Canola Oil - YouTube

If you're interested in how seed oils are made, have a gander.
    nihil

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To add to Derps seed oil seminar..livestock wont touch canola oil. Here in Oregon, we recently stopped rapeseed from being planted in the Willamette Valley. The organic farmers fought hard to prevent the planting of it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast