Thread: Primal and Rheumatoid Arthritis page

trekfan is offline Senior Member

Primal and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Primal Fuel
    I have a friend who wants to go Primal and has pretty severe RA. She's had a rough couple of years (divorce, shitty job shift) and has put on about 60 pounds she'd like to lose.

For those of you out there with RA how can she best do Primal? Is it any different than what the usual stuff is? Are there any suggestions you have?

Any and all comments are welcome, folks. Thanks in advance.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    That's an auto-immune disease, right? A lot of auto-immune diseases probably have leaky gut as their contributor. Getting off the wheat (off the gluten, gliadin AND agglutinin as well as other lectins from soy and legumes) is a huge help for that, one of the best things you can do. A lot of joint pain is also caused by chronic inflammation. Getting of the inflammatory processed oils and fats is also one of the best things you can do.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    It is absolutely an excellent choice for her! There are a few tweaks that autoimmune sufferers may need to make... Here are a couple of links that I think will really help you and her:

Meal Plans

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...52288139,d.aWc

Paleo Autoimmune Protocol Print-Out Guides | Autoimmune Paleo

Grizz is offline Banned
    My research confirms that special diets can successfully treat autoimmune disease. The common denominator in all of these diets is they raise the body pH from a very acidic 4.5 - 5.0 to a far healthier 6.8 to 7.2. Use a pH test strip to verify diet effectiveness:
    Ph Perhaps the Cause of Disease
    The top 12 ways to raise pH and we see most of the elements of a Paleo Diet in this list.
    Top 12 Ways to Make your Body More Alkaline | Icon Performance Online v3
    A 5.0 reading for urine pH is 100 times more acidic than 7.0.

More on pH here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels

Taking Boron capsules can help arthritis:
    o Prevents arthritis: Boron is a successful treatment option for arthritis and in more than 95% of cases significant improvement was noticed by bringing about effective calcium integration into the cartilage and bone. With increase in age the bones might become weak and porous and boron can stem this deterioration effectively.
    o Reduces severity of rheumatoid arthritis: Boron greatly reduces the allergic conditions that are typically associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
    BORON A Magical Mineral Part One | Just ME in T's Health Stuff

More about Boron:
    http://tinyurl.com/Boron-References
    As a side benefit, I have confirmed that Boron also helps me sleep like a rock.

Giving up wheat products has resulted in HUGE weight losses among friends:
    Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight
    Most recently a neighbor lost 100 lbs in just 1 year by giving up everything made of wheat. She does not exercise, and is home bound due to heart problems. She was able to reduce her diabetes drugs by 75% from losing her weight! Amazing weight loss photos in above link. Giving up wheat is a major factor in Paleo diets.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-20-2013 at 06:08 AM.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    God, awesome stuff guys. She's really big into research and all these links here are going to help sell this for her. Thanks a ton.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    These are 2 of my favorite for autoimmiune paleo:

Autoimmune Paleo |

thepaleomom.com

Curcumin as a supplement also works best for joint inflammation. Make sure it's a bio-available curcumin though.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke.S. View Post
    These are 2 of my favorite for autoimmiune paleo:

Autoimmune Paleo |

thepaleomom.com

Curcumin as a supplement also works best for joint inflammation. Make sure it's a bio-available curcumin though.
    Brooke,
    I LOVE your 2 links. I've added them to my references, "Autoimmune Disease Overview"
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

Grizz