Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal/paleo = religion? page 3

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    All the heresy in this thread has surely angered Our Dear Leader. I will prepare an offering of grass-fed steak, coconut oil, and organic carrots for Him.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    All the heresy in this thread has surely angered Our Dear Leader. I will prepare an offering of grass-fed steak, coconut oil, and organic carrots for Him.
    Yeah. This is Mark Sisson, right?

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah. This is Mark Sisson, right?
    His arrows will not blot out the sun, because that is the main source for vitamin D .
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    His arrows will not blot out the sun, because that is the main source for vitamin D .
    Amen!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh the censorship! It's unlocked.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

EagleRiverDee is online now Senior Member
    I think there are always going to be people who take a certain belief system and get so serious about it that it becomes a "religion" to them. Exercise. Diet. Alcoholics Anonymous. Ultralight backpacking. Barefoot running. All of those (and I'm sure hundreds of more philosophies) have adherents that are so serious about them that it becomes like a religion.

And yet a much higher percentage of people passively follow that belief without getting unrealistically devoted to it. I believe that the Primal Bluepring/Paleo style of eating, exercising and living works. That said, to me Mark is just a guy and Primal has room for cheats.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    we need a 'like' button on the forum!!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    from my relatively short time here, the only time a thread or post gets modded is when enough people hit the report button

and i really hope that the whole 'dissenting views are bad for business' posts were a joke
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    from my relatively short time here, the only time a thread or post gets modded is when enough people hit the report button
    Yep. Which is usually when people devolve into insulting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    and i really hope that the whole 'dissenting views are bad for business' posts were a joke
    No, he's just butthurt because it was a Peat thread that got locked. I'm sure grizz felt the same way when his iodine megathread went byebye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran hotdog View Post
    I am uncomfortable with the "cult of personality" around Mark
    For sure. The best solution to that is to not get sucked in. Or, to sit in the seat of the mockers. Come on it, the water's fine

and the lack of convincing scientific studies that demonstrate what many people in this forum seem to be expecting from it.
    Um, such as? (unless you're talking about the carb curve, which which case I totally agree with you).

I believe a healthy dose of scepticism and questioning of the primal principles is a Good Thing. Anyone else share these feelings, or am I simply an agnostic in a gathering of True Believers?
    No, that's a great attitude, and basically the one you *have* to have when finding out info on the internets.

Speaking personally, I've moved on a little from Primal to PHD, which overlaps primal in about 90% of what it says, but Jaminet backs up EVERYTHING he reccomends with science. You might want to check it out (the book is better than the blog).
    Last edited by magicmerl; 09-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    that one iodine thread got locked, and 10 more were made and are still around somewhere

just like all the potato threads are still up

and all the other peat threads are still up

and the carnivore threads are still up

all choco's posts are still up after all the times he's said he disagrees with mark

all the individual peat posts are probably still up

is anyone missing any numbers on their post counts?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast