Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's complicated page

Xbeldaran is offline Junior Member

It's complicated

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would start a wee thread, I love the idea of a Paleo life, however having one isn't as easy as I would like so thought I would start a wee thread charting my progress

Like many others I'm addicted to sugar, I don't like chocolate, yet I find myself stuffing my face with chocolate when I need an energy fix, if its not sugar I'm having its caffeine. I don't think it's helped that I work night shift so I also struggle with sleeping and energy levels

I think I'm doing good then I find out I'm not, this has to change for me, I am fed up being ill, I'm fed up of not living the life I deserve, want and need.

I also don't earn a lot of money so I will need to be Paleo on a very small budget

So tomorrow when I get up it will change, I'm going to have an omlette made with garlic, onion, mushroom and tomato

Please feel free to join me, offer advice, constructive criticism etc cause I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Xbeldaran, it's great to have a thread to chart your primal journey and you have made your first positive step by planning tomorrow's breakfast already. Wishing you a great first primal day, and a healthy, energetic life.

daisymay is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am fairly new to this too and have just eased myself in by just cutting the grains and sugar to start with.
    I can't afford the organic meats etc,so I just get the best I can, but feel better in myself generally and am not hungry or craving foods as I used to.
    Just try your best each day, and don't give up if you 'slip up' every now and then.
    Good luck with your journey.

Thank you annieh and daisymay for the lovely welcome

Well I've slept, so it's time to get up and have my omlette, first quandary, for later on I have porridge with added fibre , now really I shouldn't be eating that so will find something else to eat but what do I do with all the porridge and fibre .... Hmmmm

Have found today that I'm craving sugar again, I wanted tomato ketchup with my omlette purely for the sugar boost, being night shift certainly hasn't helped although I haves aged to stay off the coffee and sugar I'm not sure how long I can keep it up

Watched Fat head that I had read about on the forum, it's like all films some good bits some rubbish bits, you've gotta take the good and leave the rest I spose

running_mum is offline Junior Member
    I really recommend a sugar detox. I was addicted to sugar too - had to go cold turkey and it was HARD. But so worth it!

Thanks running mum, that's what I'm trying just now, it certainly isn't easy, when oh when does it get easier lol.

Woke up after three hours sleep and had a spicy chicken breast for breakfast, not exactly what I had planned by oh made it so who am I to complain, he got rolls as well for the chicken breast to make a kinda burger, but I didn't eat the roll thankfully

Have got a job interview today, it's not what I want but it could save me from doing overtime in my current work, I have however found what I think may be a good fit for me work wise, so I'm going to apply for this new job and hopefully get it so that I can get off night shift as I think that will be the biggest help fore to get on top of my health

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Planning is probably the most important thing so you're off to a good start.

I mostly just buy regular meat (although its generally the no hormone kind) except they had a sale on grass fed beef so I bought several pounds. The grass fed butter and coconut oil are pretty cheap as are in season fruits and veggies. So focus on that stuff and shop sales and it can be done at a reasonable price. I think you'll find that junk foods, sodas and prepared foods are quite expensive and when you eliminate them you've got some room in your budget.

Also I always want sugar in the morning when I'm tired-maybe try some fruit and cheese or eggs or something with protein with it.
    Last edited by lea; 09-20-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks lea, sadly here the junk food is so cheap, we can get 12 packets of crisps for 1 yet one apple is 70p so for a lot of people the choice is stark

Thankfully although my diet is very sugar heavy due to my addiction I tend not to eat too much junk food unless I am in a sugar cycle, then it's all bets off, this is what I am trying to beat this time, if I manage to beat it then I think staying Paleo will be easy for me

It's just beating the cycle grrrr

Lisaallan21@gmail.com is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hiya, I'm 3 weeks in and just getting over that craving it hasn't been easy but even after 3 weeks I feel so much better I still have 2 squares of dark chocolate at night and then try and get 8 hrs. I'm like you haven't go a lot of money so but what I can and trim the meat. Keep going x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast