Thread: Other than Vibrams page

maurapprimal is offline Member

Other than Vibrams

Primal Fuel
    Afternoon everyone

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to Vibrams, by chance? I already own a pair of Vibrams (which I love), but as they are my only pair at the moment, I feel like I'm going to wear them out with use. I live in these darn things now (knee problems, gone!) I do plan on buying another pair eventually, but a few well needed primal kitchen supplies have taken precedence spending-wise, putting that purchase on hold for now. I've seen a few people mention "water socks", but I'm not sure if they mean water "shoes" or the actual water "sock" socks. Basically anything that I could buy a few pairs of and not be in the same vibrantly blue Vibrams all the time. (I have sandals, but I really do hate them, I clunk around in them worse than normal shoes).

I perused a few other threads, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for, so thought I'd try here. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Periodically, Left Lane Sports and the Clymb will have Vivobarefoot shoes for a good price. Other than that, water shoes or xero shoes (huaraches) are all I can think of.

Left Lane Sports has some VFF Bikilas for $33. Skoras for $54 and Vivobarefoot Evo II for $54 and $59

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking of getting some xero shoes, most people seem to like them.

Xero Shoes

T.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I have a pair of OP “Menhaten” water socks / aqua shoes / whatever you call them, and they're great. Not as awesome as my VFF's but I like how they don't draw attention. 10 bucks at Walmart. The catch is - they only come in black and there are only 4 sizes. I lucked out and one of the sizes fit my feet perfectly. If they don't then you're outta luck. After I got mine I noticed that J. Stanton raved about them here.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    I bought a pair of Fila Skele toes over the weekend. Paid about $25 on sale at a Kohl's if you have one in your area try that. They are normally about $60 but they were on sale and the lady at the register gave me 20% off in addition.

I love them so far and have been wearing them as often as I can. As soon as I can find minimalist shoes I can wear to work that are inexpensive I plan to get a pair of those.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I found some adidas toe shoes at ross for 19.00. They have been really comfortable and I wear them all the time. Plan to buy some VFF's next, but wanted to find a cheaper kind to try.

Good luck.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try the Kung-Fu shoes(very minimal, and very cheap). Can find them in any China-Town.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!