Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 'Unbreakable' Coffee page 4

Jimm is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Fecal transplants freak me out big time 'I'm going to put someone else's poo inside you' - shudder.
    While I've never actually been to a GG Allin concert, I've seen some videos. Many juvenile animals eat poop to inoculate the gut. Poop is often in the birthing process. Shouldn't freak us out that much. But yeah, pathogens and all. We paid a lot of money for this sewer infrastructure for a reason.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    as long as that's all you have for breakfast, it's still considered fasting. so no worries
    It blows my mind how people on this site are militant in their stance against a 120 calorie coffee from Starbucks, then proceed to emulsify a 400 calorie coffee with half a stick of butter in their blender. The big picture is lost somewhere down the line.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It blows my mind how people on this site are militant in their stance against a 120 calorie coffee from Starbucks, then proceed to emulsify a 400 calorie coffee with half a stick of butter in their blender. The big picture is lost somewhere down the line.
    yeah. mind equally blown.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    But, but, you must eat fat to burn fat, and the butter is zero carbs, so we are technically doing fasting here, - oh wait...

middlepath is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    I hear you ...

I mean ... what's wrong with yoghurt?
    Apparently, the yogurt don't work for severely compromised gut flora. While it's definitely not a savory thought, I think the researchers are getting some traction with this one.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013...drugs-cant-fix

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    But, but, you must eat fat to burn fat, and the butter is zero carbs, so we are technically doing fasting here, - oh wait...
    Yes, because it's all about the insulin.

insulin-fairy-reloaded.jpg
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Yes, because it's all about the insulin.

insulin-fairy-reloaded.jpg
    Dat fattening protein. Meat = insulin = fat gain. Jimmy Moore says protein is the new carbohydrate!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    I think we'd be dead pretty fast without insulin ... looks like there's always something in the human body to vilify once in a while ...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The word fast has been changed to mean whatever the person defining the fast says it is. IMO, only a water fast is a fast. And IF isn't fasting, it's just waiting a long time between meals. But that's just me.

Juice fasts aren't fasts because even if it's liquified, fruits and veggies are food. Eating food isn't fasting. Drinking just lemon juice with cayenne pepper and honey isn't fasting, because again, they're foods. So, to me, calling a 300-400 calorie coffee in the morning anything besides breakfast is a bit delusional. But no more delusional than any other things called fasting that I don't personally think are fasting.

All of that said, in the current lexicon of health junkies everywhere, I'm not predisposed to "correct" every person who uses the word fast in a way in which I don't agree. And belittling someone neither elevates the belittler nor does it change the status of the "belittlee." If the Bulletproof executive guy calls butter coffee part of a fast, then in his plan, that is how he has defined fast.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Dat fattening protein. Meat = insulin = fat gain. Jimmy Moore says protein is the new carbohydrate!
    I remember that. Didn't he say something along the lines of eating too much protein is like eating chocolate cake?

lul
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast