Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convincing my girlfriend page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Some people respond well to success stories... maybe direct her to the bazillion people Mark posts that gave up gluten and found health. No science required LOL

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokules View Post
    Paging Mr.Perfidy...
    LOL

OP, I was wondering if anyone would suggest penning occult-themed manuscripts that delve into the dimensions of the nature of your true feelings, and then have her discover them.

(who predicted that would end bad again...?)
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Grizz is offline Banned
    I suggest buying her these 2 books and let her make up her own mind:

The Dr. Davis book & website
    Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

Amazon.com: iodine crises

Best regards,
    Grizz

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Eat like a predator and ignore the dumbness of some people. If she has not the sense to see the right path when you show it to her then just lead the way and see if she follows. If she does not follow then make sure you loose her and find a paleo babe.

My wife is following, she hides if I look but I know she is back there, she just does not want to do it because I said she should.

However you might ask your dingbat wench if she thinks it is possible to self educate oneself in a personal course of study?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    The guy I am dating isn't paleo, but is surprised he doesn't have headaches and crash after work ever since he replaced Oreos with a clean whey protein blended with banana and almond milk ( I suggested this). He is also surprised he isn't hungry/peckish anymore. Little by little he is asking for half rice noodles and double veggies/meat from his Thai takeout, eating less junk, eating more protein...

He is mostly becoming convinced because he feels good by cutting junk out and because he sees me eating twice the amt of meat he can eat at a brazilian grill and stay lean.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    A video might work better than a book. There's quite a few documentaries out there that would probably do the trick, or at least open up her mind a little more.

I'd highly recommend purchasing "In Search of the Perfect Human Diet" and showing it to her if she will watch it. It explains things in a very easy to understand manner and is very convincing. It does not lay out the "this is your diet" it just examines things and lets people draw their own conclusions.

Whatever happens, good luck!
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

Superbeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    If she is like me you should show her the show doctor Oz did on Paleo eating... He had many questions but it turned to be very convincing. PB isn't as hard to do as Paleo so it might be easier for her...

and of course what Mahogany might work... you cook for her and get her to eat good food...
    Totally misread this at first and thought you were telling the OP to cook his girlfriend...

Come to think of it, that might be a pretty good idea.
    Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
    Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    LOL

OP, I was wondering if anyone would suggest penning occult-themed manuscripts that delve into the dimensions of the nature of your true feelings, and then have her discover them.

(who predicted that would end bad again...?)
    Bring out the bean bag chair!

On a serious note if just got my kids mom to consider gluten free for them.

First show, then instruct.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    she'll be amazed and astounded when she notes that one of the two of you no longer has gas
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

melindakaren is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try cooking together. Instead of trying to change her mind, show her how you prepare your meals and keep the situation light. If she respects you and your diet, she will start to cook (and want to cook) in the same manner so you will enjoy her meals. If she suggests using non-primal foods that you prefer not to eat, just simply tell her you're not interested because of how it makes you feel. She will get curious and be more apt to experiment going primal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast