Thread: Primal Journal - Nicole K page

Nicole K is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - Nicole K

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I admit it....I've gradually been slipping over the past month and a half.
    80/20 has become 60/40 at best and I can totally feel it. Bleh! I want to feel amazing again. Luckily I realized I needed to push the reset button before major damage was done! WHew! Thank you for posting another 21-day challenge!! I'm rollin solo and would love to use this forum to aide in my challenge. My Enemy= SUGAR. Let the battle begin....

Day 1 Grub:
    B: Small handfull raw almonds, coffee with tbls whey powder and tbls cream.

L: Bison meatballs with cooked spinach, egg whites, and salsa verde. Lemon water.

S: Salad: kale, mixed greens, broccoli, beets, Castleventrano olives (MY LOVE), red pepper, avocado, roasted garlic, tuna. Balsamic vinegar dressing. Lemon water. Cinnamon gum.

D: 2 hard boiled eggs. Sweet potato in coconut oil, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Aqua con limon

WOD:
    Cross fit WOD -- squat press, pushups, situps, wall balls
    Zumba with a friend then sauna (I consider this play)

Day 2
    B: Almonds and coffee with tsp cream
    L: Bison meatballs with cherry tomatoes, olives, cooked spinach, and butternut squash cubes.
    S: Other half of butternut squash with 2 TJ's Italian Chicken Sausages. Coffee.
    D: Tiny portion of salmon w/ broccoli and carrots. 1/2 small banana mashed and heated with cinnamon, almonds, walnuts and vanilla extract. 2 ounces 85% dark chocolate. Almond milk.

Def was feelin that sweet tooth last evening but managed to hold off and use alternatives. I also feel like I stopped hydrating in the PM...sometimes I think my body cant tell the difference between thirst and hunger. I'm going to try to drink more before my meals to help my brain chemistry.

AND....YAY!! I managed to get my sister on board to do this with me! Greek Sisters gone Paleo

The battle continues....

Day 3
    B: Almonds, plain whey shake with almond milk and stevia, coffee.
    L: 2 eggs sunnyside up over green peppers and egg whites with salsa verde. Cooked broccoli and carrots with 1 TJ chicken sausage and olives.
    D: Grilled salmon and mixed veggies with Tamari. Match stick cut sweet potato with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and seal salt.
    S: 85% dark chocolate

Lots of lemon water and coffee today. Need to drink less coffee. The bitterness helps kill my post meal sweettooth but I need to cut down my total ounces. I usually use cinnamon or peppermint gum but they are all artificially sweetened. Xylitol gum (SPRY brand) is good for like 30 seconds then it's NASTY. Any other suggestions?

WOD:
    Rode bike to work (7 miles) and home (7 miles).
    Quickie Cross fit WOD and 45 min yoga.

Have a great weekend out there forum peeps!

I totally hear you about the grey-shaded 80/20 rule, the same thing happened to me! And sugar is definitely a major vice. In a lovely little cafe today some homemade, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies were singing their siren song to me. I could hear them from within their clear cookie jar prison, I swear. Homemade cookies are my ultimate achilles heel. But! I denied them and watched them weep chocolate tears.

You can do it! Have you tried sweet-ish raw veggies after a meal? Carrots and jicama come to mind. Or a spoonful of sunflower seed butter usually does it for me.

ray50key is offline Junior Member
    Nice recipe dear i love it . I will make it sure . It would be better for me if you would give me more tips here.