Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How much protein on average do you eat a day? page 5

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I have the red can - don't know what that means
    There's cow gelatin, pig gelatin, and hydrolyzed cow gelatin. I think the hydrolyzed dissolves in cold liquids?
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    200g protein (not meat--yeah pounds of meat). Thanks JoanieL, I don't feel so weird.... Or you and I can form our own cave for the outliers!
    My respect ladies! What do you eat? Any chance you could share your typical day or even a week (food consumption)? I have no idea how to get more and I have to track my food otherwise my protein would be very low while carbs would go high...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    How I eat is kind of all over the place, but here's something I put together for my journal (and an experiment I was trying):

If you ever wanted to know twelve ways to get 50 grams of protein, here are some:

8 oz of 95/5 grass fed ground beef (304 cals)
    8 eggs (560 cals)
    9.5 oz chicken liver (285 cals)
    2 scoops NOW brand whey isolate (220 cals)
    8 oz 96/4 ground bison (262 cals)
    11 oz catfish (291 cals)
    10 oz chevre (700 cals)
    9.5 oz chicken thighs (meat only) (323 cals)
    8.3 oz chicken breast (meat only) (275 cals)
    6.5 oz pork loin fat trimmed (202 cals)
    9 oz salmon (297 cals)
    12 oz squid (274 cals)
    After I did that list, I also found out that 1% cottage cheese has a nice amount of protein: you'd need to eat about 14.25 oz for 285 calories and 50 grams of protein. All three categories, 1%, 2%, and creamed (which I think is either full fat or the fattiest sold commercially) are good protein sources with the calories ranging from 285 to 414 to get 50 grams of protein.

I eat a lot of the ground beef and bison, a bunch of chicken liver, and probably more than average salmon and squid. Also I regularly eat ground lamb which isn't on the list and has about 5 grams of protein per ounce. I also like egg or egg yolk on top of burgers. Protein shakes have been my nighttime before bed drink lately. And now that I've seen the cottage cheese, it might be a cheap way to get some protein if I can find some with no bgh. I used to like it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top.

Hope that helps.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    Thanks a mill!

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I eat anywhere from 80-120g usually closer to 100. I eat twice a day with a whey shake a few times a week after kettlebells as I find it helps not aggravate an old whiplash injury. My first meal of the day is 3-4 eggs with a couple oz of meat and for dinner I usually have 8oz (raw weight) of meat, veggies, fruit, coconut milk yogurt, etc. I don't find I have a problem getting in enough protein. I find it, esp in the form of meat, the most satisfying of the macros.

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiteKasia View Post
    My respect ladies! What do you eat? Any chance you could share your typical day or even a week (food consumption)? I have no idea how to get more and I have to track my food otherwise my protein would be very low while carbs would go high...
    Hi--typical day? Well, work days are diff than days i'm at home, but here goes. I don't usually eat breakfast (I tend to eat dinner before 6 pm and am not hungry in the morning). I work out fasted (if i work out) and eat around 12ish.
    Lunch = a cucumber, a zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes (all raw), 8-16 of pork chops or beef steak
    I'll get hungry (usually) around 3 and will eat some leftovers from lunch (yes, my husband grills even MORE than that so i have a snack ready).
    Dinner = beef heart (often), tongue, or lamb again, depending--might be grilled, but often I've made some form of curry out of it in the slow cooker. I tend to get about another pound of meat, if not more. Veggies vary here, but might be some green stuff (chard or kale).

"dessert" when there is some (often...snicker...) is my homemade ice cream made from coconut milk, 4 egg yolks (i sometimes fry the whites up to have with lunch. for whatever reason eating the full egg makes me sick, but i can down the whiltes...), fruit of whatever is around mushed up with some alcohol (citrus vodka? rum? brandy?) since alcohol keeps it from hardening into concrete in the freezer. OR, i'll have made a coffee/chocolate gelatin jelloey thing that i'll have.

That tends to be about 150-180 grams of protein. It will be more on days i work because i have a 3 hour commute (i do twice a week) and i will eat chicken breast by the pound to stay alert and awake. Those days are much heavier protein...

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    120g, give or take 20g. I generally end up with a half pound meat at lunch, 3/4 lb meat at dinner, with a chance of a meaty breakfast.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    180g on average.
    On rest days 10% more protein

From London England UK

Runner is offline Member
    Being a 110-pound 5'5" male, I go for 60-75g daily.

Tuppence is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Huh, no, it's 8 packets and costs me like 3 dollars or less.
    Thanks. I'm going to order some Great Lakes. Looks like my stuff is pointless!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast