Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How much protein on average do you eat a day? page 4

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    120-200g. I just started eating gelatin and haven't cut my meat consumption accordingly yet.
    I am a new Great Lakes gelatin person. I lurve meat, but it's pretty fun to get the benefit of protein from parts that are so often wasted. Plus the cost savings is good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I am a new Great Lakes gelatin person. I lurve meat, but it's pretty fun to get the benefit of protein from parts that are so often wasted. Plus the cost savings is good.

Just bought Great Lakes via amazon prime. I started out with a small box of Knox to see if I would actually use it.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Just bought Great Lakes via amazon prime. I started out with a small box of Knox to see if I would actually use it.
    I didn't try Knox. Not sure why. I think because I want to mix it into liquids more than I want the jello effect.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I love Great Lakes gelatin. I eat maybe 4-6 TB a day usually. I mix the gelatin with cold water, then add in hot bone broth in the AM and cocoa with water in the PM. It blends better if you follow the directions to mix mix with cold water 1st, then add hot liquid. I don't make jello, I just drink my hot drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I love Great Lakes gelatin. I eat maybe 4-6 TB a day usually. I mix the gelatin with cold water, then add in hot bone broth in the AM and cocoa with water in the PM. It blends better if you follow the directions to mix mix with cold water 1st, then add hot liquid. I don't make jello, I just drink my hot drinks.
    Well by golly then I am under eating gelatin. Less flesh of meat being replaced by gelatin makes me happy. I get the green can so it mixes right into hot or cold liquids. Love it.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuppence View Post
    Thanks. Yes, that's the same - 2g per sachet, 4 sachets in a box. So Derp is having the equivalent of 8 boxes a day?! That would cost me about $21!
    Huh, no, it's 8 packets and costs me like 3 dollars or less.
    nihil

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    6'2" 175-ish male, usually around 150-175 g per day. I tracked intake for awhile and found I was undereating protein. Occasional whey shakes (not every day), mostly meat and a little yogurt. Might try this gelatin in bone broth idea--sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    You must get the yellow can. You don't have to mess with any of that if you get the green can. Scoop and stir into hot or cold liquids.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I have the red can - don't know what that means

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    6'1" 225, at least 200g/day. Fish, turkey and beef are my proteins of choice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast