Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much protein on average do you eat a day? page 3

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    i don't know what's wrong with me. Every female on here seems to have trouble hitting 100g of protein a day. I can't understand it--i have absolutely NO problem hitting 200g a day, meat only (no supps)! I have to restrain myself from eating that much meat (expense, etc). It's not like i'm super active: no cross-fit, etc, no chronic cardio, just a couple of heavy weight workouts and a couple of yoga sessions/week! I don't eat eggs much (i have some form of sensitivity--if i eat more than 2 a week, i get sick...) and eat very little dairy (a little greek yogurt or sour cream once in a while). I'm post-menopause (and so with a theoretical metabolic slowdown) and a 17% bf (thank you mda...).
    And yeah, i was a vegetarian for 10 years before primal, and have only been primal a year. And had NO PROBLEM switching to meat (just made me feel better).

What am i? Some kinda weird human? I have to admit, i LOVE the bulking my muscles are doing (no waif here). But i don't understand why it seems mostly FEMALES "have trouble" eating that much protein.

Sigh. How come i'm NEVER like anyone else...... (LOL)
    200g meat or 200g protein net?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    To be fair, it is true. Some people are just bad at eating and say things like, "I feel full." and "Oh, I can't finish my dinner." It's weird, but true!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    120-200g. I just started eating gelatin and haven't cut my meat consumption accordingly yet.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    200g protein (not meat--yeah pounds of meat). Thanks JoanieL, I don't feel so weird.... Or you and I can form our own cave for the outliers!

SteveRB is offline Junior Member
    Around 80-85 grams a day from animal sources. Beef, salmon, cod, tuna, sardines, eggs. Every once in awhile lamb or bacon. About 1.5 ounces of cheese a day.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Typically somewhere between 180-210g.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I got 112g today from steak and eggs. I'm eating light for a deficit, I usually get more than that.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sjoshua is offline Senior Member
    5'8 male, 155ish lbs and lean.

I'm adapting to more Keto lately, protein tends to be back burner to fat; I don't actually weigh my foods currently, but I'd guess in the 100-120g/range. This still may be a bit high; I try to find that balance point to have enough to avoid catabolic muscle loss while not having too much to bump out of ketosis.

When I was less keto/more primal, it was closer to 140-180g/day.

Tuppence is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    my packets say 2g/serving with 4 servings in a packet. read yours again .... unless you really do have super small packets.
    Thanks. Yes, that's the same - 2g per sachet, 4 sachets in a box. So Derp is having the equivalent of 8 boxes a day?! That would cost me about $21!

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    I'm 160 lbs and on workout days I get around 170g and on off days I stay around 120g. What about?
    Around 120 or so, depending. On fasting days it can dip as low as 50. I don't usually take more on workout days, but I only spend an hour at it. Don't know what kind of workouts you're doing. Maybe I should think about upping it...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast