Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My primal journal, assuming grok knew how to write... page

My primal journal, assuming grok knew how to write...

Shop Now
    so, everyone seems to have one of these journals. this prompted me to make my own, but I do not promise to keep up with it haha. Basically, I started, unknowingly, moving towards a primal life a year ago by cutting out processed foods, and limiting carbs. Not because I researched it, but it seemed to make sense. I also started exercising then. Main motivation was a lack of satisfaction with my own health. However, the greatest motivation was having to witness my mother suffer from chronic fibromyalgia and my girlfriend, who I love to death, suffer from the rarest (and most painful) form of scoliosis. I wanted to make sure I insured my health for the future and prevented any more serious injury. Currently my only serious ailment is my totally F#%ked arch in my left foot, and my HORRIBLE allergies haha. found crossfit a month ago, and officially found paleo/primal 2 weeks ago.still learning to deal with people thinking I'm crazy haha.

so I spent most of today researching vitamins, will significant assistance from cillakat, and finally purchased:
    magnesium supplement
    fish oil
    multi vitamin
    and a vitamin d supplement
    all of which I excited to receive in the mail. Also looking into ordering a lot of whey (since its going to jump in price soon) and coconut oil.

also, Hello everyone!

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rok out with ur grok out View Post
    However, the greatest motivation was having to witness my mother suffer from chronic fibromyalgia and my girlfriend, who I love to death, suffer from the rarest (and most painful) form of scoliosis...... Currently my only serious ailment is my totally F#%ked arch in my left foot, and my HORRIBLE allergies.......
    *waves*

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia are also probably triggered by D deficiency so maybe they'll get on board - at least with the D? I dealt with fibromyalgia symptoms for years and chronic fatigue, muscle weakness and lots more. the first entry in my journal has the whole list.

Allergies

Quercetin is great for the allergies (2caps 3x per day)..but of course, so are allergy meds and they're probably the safest drugs to use so I wouldn't worry about using them. http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...sules/120?at=0

Whey

Natural Factors Whey Factors (I use chocolate and vanilla....they come in small and large containers)
    http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...-oz-340-g/6650

Coconut Oil
    Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin, 54 oz for $23ish. Amazing price.
    http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-...32-g/7311?at=0

Nutiva, Organic Raw Extra Virgin, 54 oz for $28ish. Stronger flavor than the above.
    http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Raw-Coco...6-l/23421?at=0

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I dealt with fibromyalgia symptoms for years and chronic fatigue, muscle weakness and lots more
    wow, just read your list, sounds a lot like my girlfriend, except scoliosis instead of fibromyalgia. My girlfriend has the whole anxiety, depression issues, fatigue, muscle weakness, I also think she has low blood sugar do to her moodiness when she has eaten in a while. But both my mother and girlfriend take vitamin D. mother seems to like it, girlfriend said it didn't do much for her.

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, rok out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Welcome, rok out!!!
    thanks!

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

did the usual for breakfast. eggs and bacon with a cup of black coffee. had some whey for lunch. This summer is killing me. way too bored. Really wish someone would hurry up and hire me! Ready to get off this rest day and get back to crossfit tomorrow!

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

so, this morning I didn't feel like cooking. decided to throw a bunch of canned ham and tuna in a bowl with this organic mayo my mom had bought. sort of a lazy-man's tuna/ham salad. then I went to do my usual crossfit workout. when I got done I felt like I was going to spew my organs out. found out my body isn't too fond of mayo made with canola oil. LESSON LEARNED.
    had some squash from the farmer's market, frozen green bean's, and some chicken for dinner. bought to have my usual whey. then may sit down tonight with some fresh brewed tea and my favorite, Blackberries. waiting for my banana's to ripen for tomorrow so I can have the glorious banana and almond butter combo.

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

I ended up not working out today. Got caught up looking for jobs, which, by the way, seem impossible to come across this summer. Did my usual bacon and eggs today, then whey protein and berries for lunch, chicken with hamburger meat, tomatoes and green beans or dinner, then had some tea and a banana with almond butter for an after dinner snack. i got stung by a wasp today doing yard work. it stung like a mother f#*&er and now my finger is all swollen. Wasp stings hurt so much worse than bee stings!!!!! anyways, my vitamins and supplements come in tomorrow, HORRAY!!!!

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

If you've noticed, I haven't posted the past couple of days. this is mainly do to the fact I felt like crap from a lack of sleep. think I fixed it last night though with a does of melatonin. Finally found a "whole foods" type store in my town, Murfreesboro, but you can tell its geared towards those vegan types. It was really small, expensive, and had a lot of crap I didn't care for. I have nice headache today that is most likely a result of my workout yesterday. My neck muscles tend to tense of up after upper body work, sometimes enough to cause headaches. Still can't find a job, so not exactly sure how I'm gonna pay for school. I really wish I could find a damn job. On the upside, my primal diet is going great and so are my workouts. I hope to see results from my new vitamins a couple weeks too. Oh, and I'm a newly discovered tea fanatic. Finally posted some starting point photos in my profile under "albums" too.
    Last edited by rok out with ur grok out; 06-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

So I made my fitday journal public, so check there for my food consumption today. you can find the link in my signature under my post. Sorta been slipping on my primal life by consuming way more fruit than I should haha, but hey! its strawberry season!!!!! Also, I'm like !00% sure that there was vegetable oil in that salad dressing at Caraba's today... good thing I have fish oils!!!! little under a month till my birthday, hopefully I'll have a job by then haha. Been resting the today and yesterday, so no workouts. Letting the muscles have some to recover. Probably gonna run sprints tomorrow then back to crossfit monday!!!! Wish I could get some vff's or some tara plana's, but my budget simply doesn't have the room for them right now :/

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast