Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWS - Lazy very-low-carber goes for run, does great, feels fine. page 5

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Not going to lie, my calves are sore today after yesterday's run. Thankfully it's arm day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

As this is my first day of high-volume curls, I'm taking it light for starters. Every fifteen minutes, I hold 40 pound dumbbells in each hand and curl them five times. I'm up to 25 reps now. No goal number today--will stop when exhausted.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Wow, can't believe it's been six days! Just did my "next" run, could have done it yesterday, soreness has been gone. Ran 1.5 miles in about 13:00. I am sure that's a terrible time. I feel great, though. Runner's high is real! Had steak and eggs before run, just water after. Plan on not eating for a while.
    not bad time, really, about an 8ish minute mile pace.... alot faster than I run, typically

Yesterday was more sprints and today I rode my bicycle (heavy 45-pound beach cruiser, no cheater racing bike) on hills for over an hour. I'm also eating 1200 or less calories every day. Less than 50g carb easily. I mean, today I had salmon cooked in duck lard, 4 eggs, some seaweed, a glop of molasses in my coffee, some green tea with ginger, and a few macadamia nuts. And some cheese. I'm high-intensity, low-carb and low-calorie and I've actually not had this much energy for quite awhile! Then again, I am on vacation, that must help a ton.

Tomorrow is supposed to be chin-up day, but I still haven't built my chin-up bar. I should do that. Or I could just do 700 push-ups.

Next time I run, I'm going not faster but longer. Instead of 1.5 miles, I'm going to go 2.25 miles, since that's the trip to my mailbox and back and to again. I feel my current pace is adequate, since it's at the upper end of what I feel I could do all day if I had to. Plus, I can't lengthen my stride, and trying to swing my legs any faster puts strain on my hips and my body tells me no. It's like I have a built-in default pace.

When do I feel run down? When does my thyroid crawl out of my neck and rip out my hair?
    NOTE: on that curl day I had to drop it down to 40 pounds so I could go all day without joint pain. I'm still greasing the groove, they're in my kitchen and I curl them throughout the day.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-26-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Kept doing curls yesterday, and today is 700 push-ups. I'm doing a set of 10 every 8 minutes until 10:20 tonight starting at 12:00.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    And how are the abs doing these days ? Just reading your activity log makes me feel half exhausted

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Kept doing curls yesterday, and today is 700 push-ups. I'm doing a set of 10 every 8 minutes until 10:20 tonight starting at 12:00.
    Holy Grok!, seem like an obsessive push-ups disorder…

And how are the abs doing these days ? Just reading your activity log makes me feel half exhausted
    They're stable. Oddly not that impressive yet. I'll probably lose the ab-off.

oly Grok!, seem like an obsessive push-ups disorder…
    I hope so!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

820 push-ups, check!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday was more sprints and today I rode my bicycle (heavy 45-pound beach cruiser, no cheater racing bike) on hills for over an hour.
    Need a distance for that. How far did you go?

Next time I run, I'm going not faster but longer. Instead of 1.5 miles, I'm going to go 2.25 miles, since that's the trip to my mailbox and back and to again. I feel my current pace is adequate, since it's at the upper end of what I feel I could do all day if I had to.
    "what I feel" don't mean Jack until it turns into "what I did". Do that pace for 5 miles and we have a starting point to talk from. A 1.5 mile run for a (guessing) 170 pound man is only using about 160 calories - such a low level of exertion can be fuelled from pretty much anywhere. Hell, you can probably absorb that much from the atmosphere through osmosis.
    Last edited by DeeDub; 09-29-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast