Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To encourage you to continue your coconut oil binges! page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just get cast iron pans from the thrift store. I can abuse them with sub-par seasoning all I want.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I just don't want to. Principles. Seed oil manufacturers make more than enough money off the suffering of others, and I won't contribute. I'd rather get a comparatively lousy finish on my pans. I maintain them very well so they look great using olive oil, though. I clean and scrub them meticulously and bake them after each use to maintain the finish. For a person that isn't as meticulous and want the best finish possible, it's flaxseed oil and safflower oil.

Also, what mags said. It's like half a teaspoon to maintain a pan, and since I don't fry much a bottle of safflower oil would literally last years. I don't need the space taken up in my tiny pantry.
    Gotcha. Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You can use a tiny jar and ask one of your friends to give them a bit of their canola. I love my 1 tbsp jars, super useful for carrying pills, dressings and stuff.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe I'm neurotic but I'm proud of not having a single seed oil in my house. I have coconut oil, both CAFO and grassfed butters, homemade ghee from Kerrygold, over 2 lbs of raw unrefined cocoa butter bricks, virgin red palm oil, extra virgin olive oil and a 7 pound pail of Tropical Traditions organic palm shortening. That's it. Half my fats I have to melt before I can even use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You can use a tiny jar and ask one of your friends to give them a bit of their canola. I love my 1 tbsp jars, super useful for carrying pills, dressings and stuff.
    My friends don't have canola oil. Friends don't let friends own canola oil. I have been known to get them horribly drunk on tequila, vodka and red wine, though.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123