Thread: Hungry and tired page

thehotsinger is offline Junior Member

Hungry and tired

Shop Now
    Hello!

I'm 90% Primal and felt a burst of energy upon initially becoming Primal. But lately I've been tired and hungry pretty much most of the time. I go on 30-50 minute walks 3-4 times a week and am beginning to incorporate yoga and calisthenic training. (We moved about 2 months ago and it's been a bit crazy.) I have 2 eggs for breakfast (often scrambled with some vegetables), usually some high-fat yogurt with honey and some berries for a mid-morning snack, leftovers for lunch, maybe an apple and nut butter for a snack in the afternoon, and then a primal dinner consisting of veggies and a meat. I eat fairly heartily, but am wondering if I'm not eating enough. I usually get 7-9 hours of sleep, though sometimes it's broken up as my husband starts work at 4am and I usually get up to feed him.

I'm 5'4 and 178lbs with a goal weight of 155-160lbs. I come from farmers so we're short and stocky with a good amount of muscle mass. The last time I was kinda "fit" I weighed around 150, so I figured I'd allow some wiggle room for the muscle I plan on building. =]

Thank you for your thoughts!

Aimee

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I don't know how low carb you're doing, but maybe include some safe starches like potato, sweet potato and rice? Low carb doesn't work for everyone. I know how you feel about the sleep though, I'm still trying to figure that one out...

thehotsinger is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Wildrose!

I haven't had rice since we started Primal, and I love potatoes! But I don't cook them too often...And I tend not to eat enough fruit as I'm more of a veggie kind of girl. You may be right about my carb intake. Thanks!

Here's hoping we figure out our sleep soon. =]