Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protein powder prices going up worldwide page

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Protein powder prices going up worldwide

Primal Fuel
    Just thought I'd let you all know. Protein powder prices will be rising worldwide within the coming months because the Chinese and soda companies are introducing a new recovery drink product line.

Might want to stock up.

Gaspari nutrition says small company prices will rise about 41 percent, with some failing, and larger companies will go unaffected for the next 6-9 months or so.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

crap

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    That's one thing I like about protein powder. It's not quite a supplement and not quite a food so it has a long shelf-life. I was going to go off the whey but I figure that some high quality stuff with some lactase and papain should be permissible. Any comments on that? I don't do well with dairy but this combo isn't ostensibly harmful. You never know though.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Rather than how high quality a protein is, I just like to know what it doesn't have.

If it's non-gmo, from antibiotic/hormone free cows, short ingredient list, ect... that would be awesome.

To me that's more important than whether it has a little lactose or casein in it...

Make sense?

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah that's definitely more important than a gram of lactose. It's this stuff http://naturalfactors.com/ca/en/prod...8/whey-factors

So assuming that and the lactase and papain would that be anything to worry about considering I don't do well with dairy?

Can whey really be GMO or is that only with soy protein? If they're genetically modifying cows that's just taking it too far. Of course hormones are too far as it is but GMO cows is like frankenfrankenfranken food.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

These days I don't doubt anything could be GMO haha... I just like to see the non-gmo stamp or label on it, or even just the words... As far as I know they haven't started GMO whey... as far as I know

I like that brand, if Im using protein it's usually that or Jay-Robbs... I doubt the 1 gram would be a huge deal, but then again it really depends on your tolerance...

If you notice any negative signs, then I would say yeah. But generally you have 1 brand who says they are lactose-free! Except they have all the other trigger ingredients like aspartame and the entire GRAS list.

And then you have that protein, that has very little, except none of the other crap. Well then I go with this protein. So I think you're fine.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    It boggles my mind, with how hard this forum is on so many things, that protein powder gets mostly a free ride as a highly processed, unnaturally concentrated "food." When it comes to everything else, just the fact that it is so highly processed is reason enough avoid it. I think this will actually be a good thing if it helps dethrone protein powder.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    It boggles my mind, with how hard this forum is on so many things, that protein powder gets mostly a free ride as a highly processed, unnaturally concentrated "food." When it comes to everything else, just the fact that it is so highly processed is reason enough avoid it. I think this will actually be a good thing if it helps dethrone protein powder.
    Glad you said it.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Haha protein isn't for the 100 percenters. I use it out of convenience or if im doing PSMF. Then again, grass-fed whey is great for cancer patients who might be avoiding toxins from meat. But that costs 80 dollars a bottle.

And protein prices going up isn't good. But to get into that talk we'd have to go into politics. And thats been the past 72 hours of my life with what's going on this weekend, so I'd rather not.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    These days I don't doubt anything could be GMO haha... I just like to see the non-gmo stamp or label on it, or even just the words... As far as I know they haven't started GMO whey... as far as I know

I like that brand, if Im using protein it's usually that or Jay-Robbs... I doubt the 1 gram would be a huge deal, but then again it really depends on your tolerance...

If you notice any negative signs, then I would say yeah. But generally you have 1 brand who says they are lactose-free! Except they have all the other trigger ingredients like aspartame and the entire GRAS list.

And then you have that protein, that has very little, except none of the other crap. Well then I go with this protein. So I think you're fine.
    i have samples of jay robb protein powders and they say brown rice protein....thats not primal???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast