Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing at work................heart racing and cold sweat???? page

scotten is offline Junior Member

Standing at work................heart racing and cold sweat????

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Trying to incorporate more movement at my workplace, so I rigged up a standing desk. Any ideas why my heart would be racing and I am breaking out in a cold sweat??? I had a protein shake this morning and that's all??

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome??

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    From google search:

"I would first have my blood glucose level checked, these signs are consistent with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but can also mean other things, but first thing's first. Next I would have a cardiac evaluation and this would include an examination of your thyroid function. You should see your primary care doctor soon."
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Cookie` Guest
    If this is an ongoing issue a racing heart can indicate hyperthyroid. Something to discuss with your doctor.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Too much coffee? Anxiety? Unresolved issues at work or home?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Are you on a ketogenic diet?
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    It could indeed be related to your blood sugar level... with only a shake for breakfast, it might be that your body is telling you to eat more... I know I feel like that when I haven't eaten enough....

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotten View Post
    Trying to incorporate more movement at my workplace, so I rigged up a standing desk. Any ideas why my heart would be racing and I am breaking out in a cold sweat??? I had a protein shake this morning and that's all??

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome??
    By any chance are you a low carb dieter eating lots of protein and drinking coffee?

That's a recipe for hypoglycemia. Nothing will make you hypoglycemic faster than simply consuming protein because it causes a massive insulin rush with no healthy blood sugar increase to go along with it. Adding coffee or tea to the mix will exacerbate the issue by freeing up free fatty acids to further drop your blood glucose and increase hypoglycemia. Consuming sugar alongside the protein shake, like a big piece of sweet fruit, would help alleviate this.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    If this is an ongoing issue a racing heart can indicate hyperthyroid. Something to discuss with your doctor.
    I strongly doubt it's hyperthyroidism. That's pretty rare, especially considering the norm is hypothyroidism today. It sounds like hypoglycemia, which if anything is more likely in someone with a lagging thyroid.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

scotten is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I think I'm going to try eating a good primal breakfast tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Cookie` Guest
    A good primal breakfast sounds like a good plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast