Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughtd on this article about Sugar page 4

Cookie` Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Wow, two strawmen in one post. First of all, I never claimed I was an expert, and nowhere did I say sugar is "healthy" (whatever that means to you). What do you mean by sugar? Fructose? Sucrose? Lactose? Glucose? High Fructose Corn Syrup? I suggest you read the article I posted earlier by Stephan Guyenet, as it does a great job explaining my position on sugar at this point.

I'll also go ahead and point out that the topic of this thread is an article claiming that sugar is evil. The burden of proof is on those who claim sugar is 'evil' or 'toxic' or 'deadly'. I'm not saying anyone should be guzzling table sugar, although there are quite a few people on this forum who eat tons of sugar (table sugar, fruit sugar) daily and are very lean (myself included).
    Thanks anyway.

I'm interested in meta analysis studies pointing out the health benefits of table sugar and any other forms of sugar.

And any that prove sugar cures cavities and will stop gums from bleeding after eating sugar for a period of time.
    Last edited by Cookie`; 09-17-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: And...

marc is offline Member
    Sucrose is just a simple Carb.
    Abuse it, and it will abuse you.
    Its a poison to unhealthy diet.
    Not much else to say.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    Thanks anyway.

I'm interested in meta analysis studies pointing out the health benefits of table sugar and any other forms of sugar.
    Hmmm. It seems you don't hold yourself or your guru Lustig to the same standards. What a shame, your dogma has become blinding. If you're incapable of having an intelligent discussion, just say so. Otherwise, have a good one.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Cookie` Guest
    I'm very capable.

Can you not post links to such studies or do they not exist?

Cookie` Guest
    Lustig isn't my guru.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I'll also go ahead and point out that the topic of this thread is an article claiming that sugar is evil. The burden of proof is on those who claim sugar is 'evil' or 'toxic' or 'deadly'. I'm not saying anyone should be guzzling table sugar, although there are quite a few people on this forum who eat tons of sugar (table sugar, fruit sugar) daily and are very lean (myself included).
    Lustig isn't wrong. His point is sound although I can see taking issue with some of the over the top dramatic claims, however. What gets me is that none of the regular sugar lovers on this forum can post any supporting evidence showing that copious amounts of sugar are health promoting. Copy pasting single metabolic processes, as if any of them occur in isolation in your body, doesn't count and only serves to show off their google skills.

So people can keep claiming sugar made them skinnier, more beautiful, more regular, more like superman or wonder woman or spiderman or the incredible hulk, all while healing their cavities and growing their hair back and I will keep on seeing them for the misinformed gullible people they are.

Cookie` Guest
    Soon to hear its the cure for bleeding gums aka gingivitis and soon to follow periodontal disease.

Also, I've been reticent to ask this because I know the non-Peat lurkers are cackeling at any troubleshooting buuuut. How are people's teeth?! In all honesty, my gums are bleeding a lot when I brush them. I read up on it and started to employ the tactic of brushing my gums gently, and when I do that they dont bleed at all. I also read Matt Stone saying his (and many other people's) bled when they first started implementing sugar, and then stopped. What are people's experiences here?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d91809-89.html
    Last edited by Cookie`; 09-17-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added Quote

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    lol @ the people who are constantly requesting standards that they themselves don't live up to.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    I'm very capable.
    Interesting.

Can you not post links to such studies or do they not exist?
    Studies that sugar isn't inherently harmful?

Here's a review on sugar and bodyweight regulation: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/62/1/264S.long
    Weight loss and metabolic parameters improved in moderate fructose group: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5g3...VHbG9RNHc/edit
    High sucrose diet still led to metabolic improvements and weight loss: Metabolic and behavioral effects of a high-sucrose diet during weight loss.
    Good review of fructose by researcher James Krieger: Should You Be Afraid of Fructose? » Weightology
    Analysis of Lustig's fructose hypothesis: Challenging the Fructose Hypothesis: New Perspectives on Fructose Consumption and Metabolism
    Article on the benefits of fructose: Co2 Factor: Fructose to the rescue
    Catalytic doses of fructose benefit glucose tolerance in diabetics: 'Catalytic' doses of fructose may benefit glycaemi... [Br J Nutr. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI
    And I'll post this again in case you missed it the first and second time: Whole Health Source: Is Sugar Fattening?

I'm sure you'll turn a blind eye to these as well, so I don't really know what to tell you.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Cookie` Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    lol @ the people who are constantly requesting standards that they themselves don't live up to.
    If and when I make a claim I will post citations or studies for it.

Sharing Lustig's video isn't making a claim.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast