Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughtd on this article about Sugar page 29

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post

I don't get why said person signed for a new account at Atkins since it apparently damaged their health so much as they stated. I'd think that would be the last place someone would want to go.
    Because of this :

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    She explained that she found out someone was spreading rumors about her and/or talking behind her back and rejoined to answer that. She has stated she is doing much better on Peat. Why do you care?
    Now STFU and GTFO. You are one disturbed individual. Everyone can see that.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    Sugar on the Ray Peat Forum: It took two seconds to find this quote.

Try foregoing any protein too close to bed time, instead taking sugar with some coconut oil or other saturated fat, this will prolong the sugar levels in your bloodstream, preventing the intense release of cortisol. If its not working, increase the amount of sugar, then read more Ray Peat.
    Isn't that for people who have serious thyroid problems? I'd like to know what that's in the context of, but Peat describes sugar as a supplement that helps do specific things. It's not just for the heck of it.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Stop feeding yourself.
    Your mentality comes across as quite juvenile.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Cookie` Guest
    I don't eat 3-4 hours before bed. I sleep excellent.

I certainly don't need to feed on nutrient void sugar before bed.

Quackery.

Cookie` Guest
    Your mentality comes across as quite juvenile.
    Yeah me! cheer.gif

Ray Peat isn't a doctor. He can't be a quack.

lol thought so.

Timthetaco Guest
    Pause.

I don't get people. They cite examples of isolated fructose feeding upwards of 60% as evidence that sugar is evil, claim to eat over a hundred grams of sugar per day themselves, yet claim every bit of sucrose is dangerous because it contains a molecule of fructose. All fruits have a combination of free glucose, free fructose, and sucrose. You know what fructose does on a biochemical level? It refills liver and muscle glycogen! Oh noes!

Even if this thread wasn't one big shit fit, you fructose alarmists have no leg to stand on. But it's always nice to be reminded we shouldn't drink two liters of soda per day lest we end up like the unfortunate lab rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie
    I certainly don't need to feed on nutrient void sugar before bed.
    Ray Peat's writings on sugar's effect on metabolism and health has nothing to do with nutrients. You win the internet again.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 09-18-2013 at 08:58 AM.

I don't understand. I thought sugar made you lean?
    There's more to cookies than just sugar. I never claimed sugar makes you lean. Minding your calories makes you lean.

Cookie` Guest
    There's more to cookies than just sugar. I never claimed sugar makes you lean. Minding your calories makes you lean.
    Yes as a cook/baker I do understand that cookies aren't just sugar. And I didn't say you said sugar makes you lean.

I was under the impression from reading some of your cohurts posts that sugar makes you lean among other things.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast