Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughtd on this article about Sugar page 23

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Making an assumption about age is equivocal to making bitchy comments about someone's appearance. Really?

And your second statement is redundant because 1) I dont "dish it out", 2) I'm defending someone else.
    I'm sure you are not as dense as you are pretending to be. It's not the assumption about age that is offensive and bitchy it's trying to use it as an insult. Like I said it's selective outrage. Do you not see how ridiculous it is to condemn one person while defending your friend who's doing the same thing? Your friend likes to muck it up apparently so should expect some muck thrown back.

The blog posts have summations of the scientific inaccuracies that are in his "lecture".

And yeah, I couldnt be bothered writing a proper critique. Those who've already made up their mind wont be swayed, and those who are interested will read it themselves. Plus I find it so mind-bogglingly fear-mongering that it baffles me how other people could be fooled by it. He makes a detailed presentation on how bad isolated fructose is for you, mentions that glucose is awesome, and then says sugar is toxic? (Sugar is 50:50 fructose: glucose.) Even aside from the scientific inaccuracies I cant believe people are duped by this.
    Your mistake is in assuming the presence of a glucose molecule cancels out the negative effects of the fructose molecule. It doesn't work that way. At least not according to the evidence.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I have never seen so much disinformation and useless cherry picking presented as "facts" in one topic from one person, with another hag attempting to bolster their argument with a standard female form of "arguing".

To even bother replying to this sort of worthless junk science sensationalist trash "Your mistake is in assuming the presence of a glucose molecule cancels out the negative effects of the fructose molecule." would be a complete waste of my time at best. Give it a rest. Go back to circle jerking on another forum, most people here aren't that naive.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    I'm sure you are not as dense as you are pretending to be. It's not the assumption about age that is offensive and bitchy it's trying to use it as an insult. Like I said it's selective outrage. Do you not see how ridiculous it is to condemn one person while defending your friend who's doing the same thing? Your friend likes to muck it up apparently so should expect some muck thrown back.
    Everyone slings insults on the internet. You've thrown a few yourself. Most of us are anonymous so wild, snap judgements are just that. You really don't see how much worse it is to go and look at someone's picture and make comments about them?

Your mistake is in assuming the presence of a glucose molecule cancels out the negative effects of the fructose molecule. It doesn't work that way. At least not according to the evidence.
    Making a claim about isolated fructose and then blaming sugar is sensationalist fear mongering.

You haven't made any comment on the fact that he refers to alcohol as a carb.

Anyway, I'm done.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

FYI sugar doesn't cause tooth decay. I hate when people on this forum cite stupid CW when it suits their agenda.

P.S. saturated fat causes infertility, prostate cancer, heart disease and increases your chance of making stupid comments on the internet.

Last one might be true. I need to research more into that. Most of my stupid comments I've made have come after a fat laden day.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I wonder what people think about me then; Cf. my avitar picture...
    haha, as long as you are not ... IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    First, that is the scariest looking dude i have ever seen. If thats how low carb makes you look, i think ill start mainlining sugar. (jokes, i do that already)

Second, wow, typical bitch move. Way to prove to everyone that you are nothing but a sad old troll.
    is it the guy you are talking about ?

What's scary about him ? looks like a typical Swede.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    is it the guy you are talking about ?

What's scary about him ? looks like a typical Swede.
    In the first picture he looked like a psychopath. That one is better, but perhaps he should up his carbs to get rid of those saggy eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    FYI sugar doesn't cause tooth decay. I hate when people on this forum cite stupid CW when it suits their agenda
    This thread has gone to shit. Maybe it was the OP's intention ? Had not seen any comment from OP after 1st post.
    Anyway, I am interested in what you are saying here because I reversed my bad teeth and gum health by eliminating refined sugar from my diet a long while back. I also improved it by using xylitol fairly often and my dentists was literally shocked by the changes. The only minor problem with this sweetener is that it is very expensive compared to sugar. But maybe it is not actually a problem because you are not compelled to eat sweetened stuff often in that way.

But my question is genuine: what is the root-cause for tooth decay if it is not excess refined sugar ? I know that acidity plays a part but the bacteria that make the mouth environment acidic feed on simple carbs (even starches broken down by saliva). As far as I know, saliva itself can take care of things if the amount of acidity caused by these bacteria is not happening often throughout the day. Feed these bugs, and they will multiply and strengthen. There is also a link with vitamin D and K2 according to Weston Price but I had D and K2 from natural sources even during my refined sugar days. So let me know what I am missing because I wouldn't mind refined sugar back (I am not religious about foods ...) if my teeth and gums remained as healthy as they have become.

Calcium and sodium. Parathyroid strips the calcium from your teeth, and increasing metabolism via sugar can worsen teeth if you're not getting enough calcium and sodium. Higher metabolism also increases burn rate of nutrients, so, if your metabolism is cranked, you need to intake more nutrients, specifically calcium in regards to dental hygiene. It also helps to have proper calcium metabolism with the proper nutrients to place calcium in the right locations.

Simply dropping fluoridated toothpaste can do wonders for the health of your teeth as well. I use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and such.

Everyone I know with terrible teeth also have terrible nutrient poor diets.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Calcium and sodium. Parathyroid strips the calcium from your teeth, and increasing metabolism via sugar can worsen teeth if you're not getting enough calcium and sodium. Higher metabolism also increases burn rate of nutrients, so, if your metabolism is cranked, you need to intake more nutrients, specifically calcium in regards to dental hygiene. It also helps to have proper calcium metabolism with the proper nutrients to place calcium in the right locations.

Simply dropping fluoridated toothpaste can do wonders for the health of your teeth as well. I use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and such.

Everyone I know with terrible teeth also have terrible nutrient poor diets.
    Strange, I eat quite a lot of dairy and fruits of all kinds, I salt my food to taste (not scared of salt, I even have some on my desk which I enjoy during the work day!) and my vit D levels are just fine (did a check-up some months ago, all right on). I use a toothpaste with little fluoride (not a big fan of abrasive shit on my teeth) and again, my dentist told me he had never seen that healthy teeth and gum in my mouth ever since I started consulting him. It is at a point where I don't have to go every 3 months or so (just for regular stuff because I used to have holes and other "niceties" which made the frequency of my visits a bit too burdening for comfort). So I am quite surprised by your input here.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast