Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughtd on this article about Sugar page 21

Cookie` Guest
    I'm good with my age but love feeling like I'm in my 20's.

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    Correlation has linked sugar with obesity and metabolic syndrome. IMO the causal evidence points to fructose being the part of sugar that is responsible. Glucose by itself may be more benign but that doesn't mean squat for a real world application and the sugars that are commonly used.
    Speaking of real world application, from your uric acid study:

Male Sprague-Dawley rats (150–200 g) were housed in standard conditions and fed a control (n = 7) or 60% fructose diet (Harlan, Madison, WI, n = 14) for 10 wk. The control diet contained 46% carbohydrate, which is mainly composed of starch, whereas the fructose diet contained 60% fructose as the carbohydrate.
    Who eats a 60% fructose diet? All the fructose research shows is you shouldn't drink lots of soda, which everyone already knows.

Cookie` Guest
    So you used an assumed age and reproductive status as a way to insult someone and are turning around lecturing others who have done it? Hypocritical! You said in your other post you don't want to look ridiculous when you get older. Live in the moment, J33n, and try not looking so ridiculous with your comments right now! Even your apology was insulting. What if I was 50 and menopausal? Then your comment would have been justified and there'd be no need to apologise? I do think things are different for 20 something year old athletic guys and overweight out of shape older women. I would never insult anyone over that. Clearly you cannot say the same.
    Now that was a sign of j3nn's maturity. Not.
    Last edited by Cookie`; 09-17-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Cookie` Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    All the fructose research shows is you shouldn't drink lots of soda, which everyone already knows.
    Aren't you suppose to drink Mexican coke according to Peat?

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    Aren't you suppose to drink Mexican coke according to Peat?
    No, and the occasional Coke will not induce metabolic syndrome, especially if you're eating a whole foods paleo diet and exercising regularly. That should be relatively uncontroversial at this point. :/

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    So you used an assumed age and reproductive status as a way to insult someone and are turning around lecturing others who have done it? Hypocritical! You said in your other post you don't want to look ridiculous when you get older. Live in the moment, J33n, and try not looking so ridiculous with your comments right now! Even your apology was insulting. What if I was 50 and menopausal? Then your comment would have been justified and there'd be no need to apologise? I do think things are different for 20 something year old athletic guys and overweight out of shape older women. I would never insult anyone over that. Clearly you cannot say the same.
    Yes, it was hypocritical. But you have to understand I am not an ageist by any stretch of the imagination and I was really speaking tongue-in-cheek. There is no need to take it so personally, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I was making a statement about how asinine it is to bring up age as a reason to not take someone's advice into consideration. Arrogance is not always a bad thing and I think it's offensive that so many women over 40 are regularly accusing the younger males of being young and arrogant. I'm the polar opposite of the young males (short, fat, in my 30s) here but I don't discount what they say because of their age or eating bias; I am interested in learning about everyone's experience and ideas. Then I customize my own plan, because that's the rational thing for anyone to do.

This is what happens when trolls join the forum and make personal attacks right off the bat. They should have never tried to make an example out of YogaBare, an exemplary member who helps people on a daily basis. It was an honest mistake that I mistook you for someone much older than you are. People mistake Derp for a female all the time and he finds it hilarious. There are a few members that I have no idea if they are male or female. Internet happens.
    Last edited by j3nn; 09-17-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    Now that was a sign of j3nn's maturity. Not.
    It was kind of immature! Oh well.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    there are quite a few people on this forum who eat tons of sugar (table sugar, fruit sugar) daily and are very lean (myself included).
    I agree with this. You can he quite lean and eat lots of sugar.

But then again, weight and body fat percentage alone don't dictate health. It's certainly much more complicated than that.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I really do get concerned about sugar and tooth health. I would imagine anything that creates an environment conducive to tooth decay probably isn't good for long term health in other manners. I don't have any studies to post on that. Just an observation.
    I've read that tooth and gum health can almost be used as a predictor of heart disease. But of course, correlation is not causation.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Cookie` Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I've read that tooth and gum health can almost be used as a predictor of heart disease. But of course, correlation is not causation.
    Pancreatic cancer too.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast