Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughtd on this article about Sugar

Shop Now
    If Atkins if compatible with Primal, then Peat is compatible with Primal. It's come to my attention that Mark has mentioned Peat's work in his blog posts on a few occasions.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    No worries, YB. We've learned that her and Angel are just angry LC trolls.
    What a rude dismissive post. Exactly how have I trolled anyone? I think eating tons of dairy and sugar ala Peat is unhealthy. That doesn't make me a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    What a rude dismissive post. Exactly how have I trolled anyone? I think eating tons of dairy and sugar ala Peat is unhealthy. That doesn't make me a troll.
    That's the impression you have given off by defending Cookie's trolling. What evidence do you have that dairy and sugar ala Peat are making people unhealthy? All I see are people improving their health. You're just speculating. I could say VLC/LC is unhealthy too but I know it can be healthy.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Cookie` Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Your statement would have been met with a chorus of 'non-primal!' if that was not for the diversification of the fora. At least now you are not made feel like a weakling for a desire to eat apples, let alone actually eating an apple. I dunno, I prefer to have a plethora of answers. One needs to know the rules and the exceptions imo.
    People could tell me that is not primal or paleo or low carb or whatever and I would not feel like a weakling whatsoever. I eat whole foods that keep my 48 year young body in great health.

Cookie` Guest
    When one doesn't agree they are a troll. So very mature.

No. When one starts dragging specific people into threads in a negative way THAT makes them a troll. And when one visits a support thread with the intention of spreading opposing views, THAT makes them a troll.

Cookie` Guest
    j3nn I could step to your level and call you a troll since you came to offer nothing but nastiness but I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    No worries, YB. We've learned that her and Angel are just angry LC trolls.
    Are you for real? You dont think it was rude that Cookie went trolling for *one* bit of negative reportage (literally the only negative thing said in that thread) and used it as evidence that Peat's diet is unhealthy? Cherry pick much? Oh no... sorry. Fruit is unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
    What's wrong with Lustig?
    Lustig isn't wrong. His point is sound
    "Showing off my google skills":

The bitter truth about fructose alarmism. | Alan Aragon's Blog
    Debunking
    Wait a Minute, Lustig. The Threat of Fructophobia. And the Opportunity. | Richard David Feinman

And because people are probably too lazy to click into the articles, just an example of how Lustig blatantly lies in order to "prove" his theory:

The presentation of the science is compelling but, while it has a number of important points, it is clearly biased and, oddly, a good deal of it is totally wrong, some of it containing elementary errors in chemistry that border on the bizarre — how hard would it have been to open an elementary organic chemistry text? In trying to draw parallels between alcohol and fructose, Lustig says “ethanol is a carbohydrate.” Ethanol is not a carbohydrate.

It is biological function that is important and ethanol is not processed like fructose as Lustig says. There is very little chemical sense in saying that ethanol and fructose are processed biologically in similar ways. And a metabolic pathway is shown in which glycogen is absent. Glycogen is the storage form of glucose and is generally taken as a good thing because of its relation to endurance in athletes but, like fat, glycogen is a storage form of energy and having a lot is not always a good thing. In any case, it is not true that fructose does not give rise to glycogen. In fact, fructose is generally better at forming glycogen than glucose is.
    All you have to do is google "Lustig debunked", "lustig wrong"... you get the point.

don't google "lustig lied" though...

Last edited by YogaBare; 09-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Where has paleobird been?

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie` View Post
    j3nn I could step to your level and call you a troll since you came to offer nothing but nastiness but I won't.
    You trolled my friend, I came to call you out on it. If you don't want to be called out on trolling, don't do it maybe?