Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Diet Composition? page

  1. #1
    Zed's Avatar
    Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341

    Diet Composition?

    Primal Fuel
    I was inspired to write this thread from another forum member.

    Anyway, I was wondering the approximate ratios of the foods people eat (meat/vegetables/fruit/nuts/non-primal foods) here. I have meant a few Paleo dieters who are in a mostly meat diet, with very little vegetables and fruits, and claim to thrive on this diet. Has anyone followed this or heard about it?

    For me, this is the Order from greatest to lowest:

    1) Meat
    2) Added fats (from coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut milk)
    3) Vegetables
    4) Fruits
    5) Nuts

    I am getting anywhere from 3,000 to 4,500 calories per day, of which 50% is fat, 30-35% is protein, and 14% is carbs (According to Fitday). I calculated everything I ate and going to eat today and it came out to be 4,162 calories, of which 54% is fat (254.4 grams), 31% protein (319 grams) and 14% carbs (170 grams).

    I feel good with my composition. Since switching to Primal, I have been having more energy. What ratio's are working for everyone else and how does it affect your social life? Does anyone here follow a "mostly meat" diet?

  2. #2
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,463
    That's exactly my order except with the nuts chopped off entirely unless you count coconut but I'm counting that as added fats. I don't know whether or not to include spices, cocoa, cinnamon, etc as a cateogry since that stuff is pretty non-caloric but I think it has a part to play in an optimal diet.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  3. #3
    Grumpycakes's Avatar
    Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,593
    Would you mind posting what you're eating and the quantities? I'm curious as to what all is amounting to 4,162 calories.

  4. #4
    rphlslv's Avatar
    rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,005
    1. Eggs
    2. Ground beef
    3. Chicken
    4. Organs
    5. Suet
    6. Coconut oil
    7. Yogurt (rarely)
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

  5. #5
    Zed's Avatar
    Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Would you mind posting what you're eating and the quantities? I'm curious as to what all is amounting to 4,162 calories.
    It mostly coming from meats (today I had 5 chicken drumsticks, 6oz of Goat Meat [boiled], and 12 ounce of Roast Beef, 5 extra large eggs) and added fats (coconut oil-2-3TBS, Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1TBSP, and Coconut Milk-6oz, 8oz hass avocado). According to fitday, these account for 85% (which adds up to 3,534 calories) of those calories, the other 15% are fruits and vegetables.

  6. #6
    venam's Avatar
    venam is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    65
    Coconut oil and butter
    Meats, seafood, eggs
    nuts, berries, fruits, vegetables, 100% dark chocolate

    I do eat plenty of vegetation, they just don't add up to many calories (e.g. 2 lbs of zucchini = < 150 calories).

  7. #7
    Beefsister's Avatar
    Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    176
    1. Eggs
    2. Meat
    3. Butter
    4. Olive oil
    5. Cheese

  8. #8
    TCOHTom's Avatar
    TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    270
    1) Beef
    2) Fats
    3) Eggs/Bacon, livers
    4) Oysters, shrimp, fish
    5) Cream, Macadamia nuts, spices and seasonings

    6) I'll start eating some local produce soon. I had some asparagus last month. I'll soon have some berries and then, after awhile, tomatoes.

  9. #9
    rphlslv's Avatar
    rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsister View Post
    1. Eggs
    2. Meat
    3. Butter
    4. Olive oil
    5. Cheese
    You're awesome.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    93
    I'm suprised that there isn't more produce listed here. The sample diets I've seen on MDA have a lot of produce (like the Big Ass Salad).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •