Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang page

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member

La Caféine Sang

Primal Fuel
    I've been planning to make this log for a really long time now, but I'm a terrible procrastinator and one thing after another has prevented me – username being different to other sites, “not being the right day”, the stars not being in correct alignment, etc – but no more excuses: I'm finally making a log on here to keep a track of my workouts and nutrition.
    But first, a little about myself.

My name, for all purpose on the internet, is Shadowknight. I could probably give my real name, because I don't really care who knows my name, but I don't think people around me would appreciate being identified. All other people I name in this log will go by false names. Or maybe they won't. I'll mix it up.
    I'm eighteen years old, 5'5 (166cm) tall, an avid video gamer, lifter, writer and am just generally awesome. I'm currently attending University to become a Primary Teacher because I love kids, the love me, and we share the same mental age (and sense of humour). I'm also working on a novel that unfortunately took a back seat last year, the first novel of "The Shadowknight Saga"; a modern fantasy/sorcery story with Supernatural attributes.

What else can I say about me? Well, in late 2011, I was diagnosed with Coeliac sprue - gluten affects me very severely, to the point where traces can give me extreme vomiting sessions, headaches, and possible hospitalisations. I found Marks Daily Apple and the Primal Blueprint back in my early days of diagnosis, when I realised gluten-free sore bought foods were both expensive and tasted like arse, so I googled recipes and - hey - here I am.

A little about my past; rather than type up a massive wall of text, I'll bulletpoint major points over the past years:
    • I was diagnosed with coeliac sprue, hated the GF products, thus removed them in place of more satiating, natural gluten-free foods (bacon and eggs instead of weet-bix and milk), almost halving my daily calorie intake without even knowing it. As a fairly active seventeen year old boy, my weight dropped like a rock.
    • I went on eating pretty poorly like this throughout the year, losing more and more weight, feeling more sluggish and tired but not knowing what was wrong. People could scream "Eat more!" to their heart's content, but it really did feel like I was eating a crapton. In reality, the batch of fried eggs, omelettes and steaks I was eating in total, over the day, probably worked out to be less than 2000 calories. No where near enough for a growing teenage boy.
    • I didn't really pay much attention to my food til much later on, there were too many things going on. Family drama (my Nan had a stroke about a month after my diagnosis, paralysing her left side, and all eyes from both myself and my family were on her), my girlfriend broke up with me because she found my inability to eat gluten made it impossible to date me, my high-school exams because this was my last year, my writing, etc. Long story short? I was stupid.
    • It really came to my attention something was wrong when, one time when watching a film with my parents, I found myself waking up on the floor. I'd passed out. I visited several doctors, and found I had a list of medical issues that I don't really want to discuss. The jist of it was that, at the rate I was going, I'd be dead in a year. I weighed in at 47kg (103lbs) and was just miserably ill.
    • After attempted help from doctors (mental care, meal plans, etc) I decided to ditch all that and take things upon myself. I delved deep into nutritional research - seriously, if there were exams on that, I'd do awesome - and got into a good strength training routine -squats, deads, bench, etc. My goal? 60kgs in a years time. This was September. All I had to do was lift heavy, eat a lot more, and do my best to fix myself. To never be as weak and sick as I was once.

It's now a year later, and I have achieved my goal. Been a long and difficult ride, but I feel properly fixed: I'm heavier, stronger, no longer lacking energy and I'm fixed mentally, too, due to having amazing people around me.
    Course, I'm still an arsehole and am nastier than I should be, but some things never change.

Where do I go from now? Well, I'm 5'5, 60kg (132lbs) and so am at the 22.0 "perfect BMI". Still pretty lean, too. What does this mean?
    KEEP BULKING.

My goals:
    • Increase all my lifts significantly.
    • Increase my weight to 65kg, maybe higher, depending on how things go.
    • Complete my first novel of The Shadowknight Saga
    • Graduate University as a Teacher

I intend on logging as much as possible of this in here.
    Expect lifting updates, food p0rn, writing, video games and rambles.

And a crapton of coffee.

***MACRO EDIT***

Bulking calories:
    132g Protein
    60g Fat
    These are as minimums, can deviate by 10% if necessary.

I'm a firm believer of hitting minimum macro and micro requirements then meeting the rest of your calories with whatever you like. I will enjoy ice cream, chocolate and other things, frequently, because I'm not perfect, nor am I orthorexic; there's already enough foods I can't eat.
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 09-17-2013 at 02:14 AM.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I think you stole angrykiwi's avatar. Congrats on your success! I hope you have an awesome time here.

Hey, wait - I think you ARE angry kiwi, lol. And I see your post count. This is what I get for typing before I think...
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-16-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Monday 16/09/13

Today is the first official day of my Training Log, and is also fortunately my first training day. Woke up at 5:30 this morning, as always, after a night of little-to-no sleep, and prepped myself a mug of bulletproof coffee, then headed on down to the gym for my bench day.

TRAINING – BENCH DAY
    Bench (67.5x5/5/4) (65x5/5)
    OHP: (45x5/5/4) (47.5x3/3)
    Barbell Row: 5x5x42.5
    Dip: 3x10x15
    Chins: 8/8/5/4
    Hanging Leg Raises: 20/20/20, BW+1kgx11
    Push Ups: Bwx20/17/17
    Notes:
    • Bench wasn't so great today, felt a bit icky, but still managed to hit my last week PR of 67.5kg for reps.
    • My barbell row has improved, so I think I'll up the weight to 45kg.
    • I did chins for where I usually do barbell curls, and realised how crap my form is at that. Need to work on these.
    • Added a 1kg weight to my leg raises for a set, which was... interesting.
    • Added push ups at the end. Was kinda nice.

Overall?... Fairly good session. Next session on Wednesday for Squats.
    Afterwards, my girlfriend picked me up at McCafe and we headed to Uni. Had to present A) A recount on a past even from our childhood and B) an analysis of a children's novel. I got 5/5 overall.. then again, it was peer-assessed. But I'm still awesome.
    Then we had Tech, to which my girlfriend left to sit in the car because she felt ill, so I had to endure an hour of boredom. Then we went home, to which she chilled at mine for a bit for a nap before leaving. It was nice having her over; she looked real cute sleeping under my duvet.
    Not creepy at all.

The rest of the noon was spent simultaneously working on ideas for my novel and playing Skyrim, as the protaganist from my novel. I do that.

I find I get a lot of stimulation for my writing by playing video games. I always design my characters in them. I talked about games in literacy, funnily enough. I love how, in games, you can choose your own path, rather than blindly follow the character – even in a linear storyline, you can fail, you can fall. Maybe it's because I love a challenge and enjoy beating things better than me, or maybe it's a universal reason, but that's why I love games over books and movies. "Not an art form" my arse.

Had dinner with my sister, and we watched Hellsing Abridged videos, which are, by the way, godamn hilarious. You should watch them too. *TFS* Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 1 - YouTube
    Dinner was lazy as hell, and wasn't nearly enough, so I made myself a massive bowl of protein rice-pudding for dessert, which knocked me out for about an hour before my best friend down in Christchurch called and we Skyped.

Garrett (my friend's name for the benefit of the interwebz) and I discussed writing, women, whiskey and the nature of the universe. Because we're awesome. I'm looking forward to see him later this year when he moves back up. In high school, he and I were hanging out almost daily. I miss him. Soon as he gets up, it's all about drinks and on the town.
    Then I called my girlfriend and we talked each other to sleep. Apparently, I now owe her two "stories" to read her tomorrow night. Yay?... But in all seriousness, love that girl to bits.

Fairly solid day/10
    But now... teh eatz...

NUTRITION:

Bulletproof Coffee
    oUMczey.jpg
    (10g Butter/Coconut Oil)

Post-Workout Curried-Tuna and rice
    DqkV7ZV.jpg
    Pretty much was tuna mixed with Greek Yoghurt and curry spices on top of 50g white rice.

A pear.
    A lonely, single pear. (No pic)

Egg nachos
    jJNBXrx.jpg
    Basically, coconut flour crusted home-baked potato crisps (would have used sweet potato, but we were out, and potatos stick to to the baking paper) and fried eggs on top. Eaten with my sister watching hilarious videos.

Protein Rice-pudding:
    3h1Ht6R.jpg
    125g white rice, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, sliced up pear, apple, dates and a dollop of honey served with sliced banana on top with a dash of cinammon. The hnnnnng level of this was off the charts.

Macros:
    P: 129g
    F: 56g
    C: 381g
    Total: 2464kcal
    Coffee Consumption: Six cups

I know as a fact I didn't eat enough, so I'll make up for it tomorrow. I'm roughly 200kcal down.

MFP Food Diary:

Tuesday 17/09/13

'
    Ugh, I hate Tuedays. Worst days of the week.

Tuesdays are Start Uni at 8:30 for a boring lecture for an hour, followed by a two hour lecture that makes time come to a standstill days. It's very depressing thinking it's about 1PM only to look at the time and see 11:46AM. I usually don't eat til around 12-1pm, but on these days I usually start a bit erlier than that... it's one of those “crap” eating days, where I'm too lazy for full meals.
    Truth to that, I began by nomming on a dark chocolate bar in the history lecture whilst working on some writing. I actually bought a chocolate bar for all four of us (my Uni crew) each reflecting our personalities: white chocolate for one because she's so good, fruit and nut for another because she's such a nut, caramel because my girlfriend loves caramel, and dark chocolate for me because I'm a twisted, bitter individual who enjoys dark chocolate immensly.
    Today's lecture wasn't so bad actually. I got quite a bit of writing, done – namely villains for my protagonist.

Where we usually have a Literacy Tutorial today, we decided to skip it to go into town to chill. Next week we go on Practicum... which is basically going into a school for work experience, then afterwards my girlfriend am I are visiting her family down in Taranaki, so I've got no idea when I'll next hang with them.
    Which is a shame, because my friends are bloody awesome.
    We stopped off at the organic shop and amongst other stuff we bought some CoYo (basically, coconut-milk yoghurt) which my girlfriend and I will share tomorrow. Then we headed back to one of their places and watched “Land Before Time” (their choice, not mine) and did some writing. Had a small glass of coconut water, an apple and a pack of seaweed. Was delicious.
    Ended up watching a boring move after that, well, they did, I fiddled around on the interwebz, making fun of an old friend and whatnot, and writing. Asked my friend's mum for contact details on a place she gets cheap coconut oil... they're all into that health stuff, and always have some good stuff around, so I figured she'd be the best to ask.

The I went home, ate dinner and dessert – playing Skyrim as I waited, and now hit send on this post. Shortly after, I will do more writing, call my girlfriend, and get to bed.

Good, but eventful day.

Teh eatz
    NUTRITION:
    Bulletproof Gelatin Coffee (10g Butter/Coconut Oil) -This was goddamn incredible. Am I making this again? Hell yes. (No pic)

Barons Dark Chocolate, 100g
    kSyB2ME.jpg

Apple and coconut water.
    zvJkBr8.jpg
    Forgot how much I love coconut water.

Apple-baked pork loins and kumara wedges.
    Np94YZT.jpg
    With a tomato paste dip.

Fruit salad
    nSSVunZ.jpg
    (Pears, grapes, banana,dates, drizzle of honey)

Baked stuffed kumraa with dates
    JVrNJkA.jpg
    These were to make up for leftover calories, and were freaking amazeballs!

Macros:
    P: 116g
    F: 71g
    C: 460g
    Total: 2864kcal
    Yay, made up for yesterday! Good amount of carbs for tomorrow’s squat's, too!
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 09-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.

MFP Food Diary:

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hello, you're the angry kiwi guy! Just to be sure, the name of your log sounds strange.
    Do you really mean "La Caféine Sang" ? or you wanted it to mean "La Caféine dans le sang" or "La Caféine sanguine" ? or the equivalent of the English "this bloody caffeine" (in which case it would be quite different in French ...).

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Welcome. I think you stole angrykiwi's avatar. Congrats on your success! I hope you have an awesome time here.

Hey, wait - I think you ARE angry kiwi, lol. And I see your post count. This is what I get for typing before I think...
    Can confirm it's an awesome avatar. :P And cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello, you're the angry kiwi guy! Just to be sure, the name of your log sounds strange.
    Do you really mean "La Caféine Sang" ? or you wanted it to mean "La Caféine dans le sang" or "La Caféine sanguine" ? or the equivalent of the English "this bloody caffeine" (in which case it would be quite different in French ...).
    Hi!

Actually, I was going for something along the lines of "Caffeine in the Blood"; it's the name of a cafe the characters in my novel reside at, and the best I had/have to work with is "La Caffeine Sang or what I think is "Blood Caffeine", which isn't too bad... But I assume you know the correct translation of that?

Just drinking my gelatin/BP coffee now, then I head out for Squat Day...

MFP Food Diary:

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    You could try le sang cafeine. Sorry cant do the acutes on the iPad but over both "e"s. anyway enjoying your journal very much. One of my sons thinks he's awesome too so you are in good company!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    "Caffeine in the Blood"
    = Caféine dans le sang

"Blood Caffeine"
    = Caféine sanguine

which isn't too bad... But I assume you know the correct translation of that?
    You can also derive something like "Sang caféiné" (caffeinated blood) or a word trick: "Café in Sangui" which is the latin (save for café) of Café in blood, and sounds like Caffeine blood. What say you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    You could try le sang cafeine. Sorry cant do the acutes on the iPad but over both "e"s. anyway enjoying your journal very much. One of my sons thinks he's awesome too so you are in good company!
    Thanks for the help, and thanks for stopping by.

Who does your son think is awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    You can also derive something like "Sang caféiné" (caffeinated blood) or a word trick: "Café in Sangui" which is the latin (save for café) of Café in blood, and sounds like Caffeine blood. What say you ?
    Okay. I really like that one. Short and simple, has a good ring to it.

"Sang Caféiné". Could get use to that. Thank you!

MFP Food Diary:

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member

Who does your son think is awesome
    Himself obviously. But I'm sure he'd be willing to share the adjective! See your first post.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast