Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 153

Thread: La Caféine Sang page 7

  1. #61
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    That milkshake looks soooo good, oh my god.

    Damned bananas, though. Damn my gut to hell.
    Ohhhhh it was good.

    You could probably sub bananas for something else. I hear frozen mangos work well. Mango/Date smoothie actually sounds really nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    No shame in deloading. I just realised how poor my form was, and it was frustrating. Like deadlifts, I really need to work on the form before I can start adding weights, lest I injure myself or look even more like a noob in the gym than I usually do.
    Haha, my deadlifts used to look hilarious. I pretty much rolled my back right over, heaved and leaned waaaay too far back. It took me months to get them right. The problemn was that, before I started barbell lifting, I did deadlifts at home with a rock or log. Different movement, kinda, and I adapted to that form. I think I still have vids of doing that. Damn funny times

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Also, is that dude srs. He must've never been hiking or rowing or trekking or anything outdoorsy before.
    Oh, no, he does. I actually like the guy, he's pretty cool. I think he was drunk, high, tired or something. He was just rambling in between sets, arguing a case for swimming, running, hiking or climbing over lifting. I couldn't be bothered correcting him and hoped he'd figure it out on his own.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Hope you've gotten some good writing done! When you're finished, I'd love to read it...if you're down for it, of course. :P
    Not as much as I'd like, and maybe. Only if you do. :P
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  2. #62
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    4/10/2013


    Late, so I'll cut to the chase:

    NUTRITION


    Protein coffee
    IJxj38G.jpg

    Tuna sushi
    LRPgDEh.jpg
    Ate this with my Nan and granddad, along with...

    "Bubblegum Blue Smurf" Sundae
    XB1iduh.jpg
    Ew, is the only word that can describe this. Saw it was there, saw it was new, saw it was GF and gave it a shot. The consistency of the flavouring wasn't thick like chocolate, but rather runny... like food dye. Ew/10

    Inspired by ebrady
    Lamb leg steaks and fried potatoes
    jHuuS9T.jpg
    LAMB AT LAST! And fried potatoes are the shiz. Drizzled the lamb juices over them as gravy... love lamb, gorgot how much so.

    Banana blueberry smoothie
    VJbYHyi.jpg
    Served in a bowl because I didn't add enough liquid and moreso had the consistency of ice cream. Three small frozen bananas, cup of blueberries, few splashes of milk and a teaspoon of gelatin. Dollop of honey added for good measure.

    Macros
    P: 175g
    F: 86g
    C: 375g
    Total 2836kcal

    Will maybe update on how the day went tomorrow, but tired right now, and gonna take advantage of that to sleep.
    Though I have to say I'm glad I made up for the deficit of undereating on Tuesday and can go back to 2650 a day, or so the chart on MFP for weekly logging says. It sucked eating that extra 200 daily. This will be a lot smoother, now.

    Tomorrow morning = Deadlift day; deads and squats ahoy.

    Goodnight all! Have a good one!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  3. #63
    Adrian's Avatar
    Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    321
    NUTRITION


    Protein coffee
    I want to have some too! I really consider buying protein powder thanks to your photos & recipes! But my parents don't agree on it.. xd

    Though I have to say I'm glad I made up for the deficit of undereating on Tuesday and can go back to 2650 a day, or so the chart on MFP for weekly logging says. It sucked eating that extra 200 daily. This will be a lot smoother, now.
    I'm really happy you got better! I was really worried : / I'm sure your training will be really gainful!
    Good luck & have a nice day !
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

  4. #64
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Haha, my deadlifts used to look hilarious. I pretty much rolled my back right over, heaved and leaned waaaay too far back. It took me months to get them right. The problemn was that, before I started barbell lifting, I did deadlifts at home with a rock or log. Different movement, kinda, and I adapted to that form. I think I still have vids of doing that. Damn funny times
    Lol, no shame about that! Toooo many gym bros have committed the deadlift offence at my gym

    Proposition: Gym 10 Commandments.
    1) Thou shalt have proper deadlift form.
    2) Thou shalt not avoid the squat.
    3) Thy bench must not by higher than thy squat
    4) Thy must not spend more time oggling thy reflection than actually lifting some bloody weights.

    (I fail 3 of the 4 so far. Need more commandments. Suggestions?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Oh, no, he does. I actually like the guy, he's pretty cool. I think he was drunk, high, tired or something. He was just rambling in between sets, arguing a case for swimming, running, hiking or climbing over lifting. I couldn't be bothered correcting him and hoped he'd figure it out on his own.

    Not as much as I'd like, and maybe. Only if you do. :P
    Agreed. Dude was probs high. Maybe he also mistaken his personal stories for fact: if he enjoys swimming and hiking more than lifting, he may be motivated to try harder at them, therefore seeing more results.

    Course I'd love to read it!

    Your food for (today? Yesterday? I do not know) whenever it was, looks amazing! (except for, ngl, the ice cream...anything that colour blue can't be too nice)

    The lamb looks unbelievable, oh my ^_^ glad I could give inspiration for such amazing, delectable food :P

    Have a good night/morning/whatever! :P and I shall reply to mine and Adrian's journal in the morning
    Last edited by Emtropy; 10-04-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  5. #65
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I want to have some too! : ) I really consider buying protein powder thanks to your photos & recipes! But my parents don't agree on it.. xd


    I'm really happy you got better! I was really worried : / I'm sure your training will be really gainful!
    Good luck & have a nice day : )!
    It's good stuff, dude. 1/2 a scoop to a full scoop shaken up then slowly poured into a coffee (add it directly and it clumps) with a teaspoon to a tablespoon of coconut oil and two teaspoons of gelatin = heavenly abyss.
    HxogSTn.jpg

    Cheers, Adrian, I appreciate it And in terms of parents and protein powder, you could convince them it really is just a protein source. Like a steak, or chicken or turkey hearts. Potentially cheaper in the long run that meats. The only possible problems could be 1) if you react badly to it or 2) it takes the place of real foods and becomes a primary protein source. If used to help get more protein and calories, it really shouldn't be an issue - maybe mention how it will help you in your efforts to gain, and promise to add it into your current diet rather than replace meals? Do you have a budget of your own, and perhaps could you buy some for yourself?


    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Lol, no shame about that! Toooo many gym bros have committed the deadlift offence at my gym : D

    Proposition: Gym 10 Commandments.
    1) Thou shalt have proper deadlift form.
    2) Thou shalt not avoid the squat.
    3) Thy bench must not by higher than thy squat
    4) Thy must not spend more time oggling thy reflection than actually lifting some bloody weights. ; )

    (I fail 3 of the 4 so far. Need more commandments. Suggestions?)
    Form is a funny thing. Some guys are pros and their form is amazing, while others - trainers included - have terrible form, ie, not going low enough, partial reps, etc. Yet they still have pretty good results. Roids? Genetics? Assistance work? I don't know. I still remember talking to a guy who said he trained his legs on the Smith machine and he said "...and my legs are fine!".
    I looked him up and down and replied, "Yes, yes I too think that's a good word to describe them". They were chicken like on his rather large upper body. Inspiration to squat over9000

    1) Success! Noticed it slip lately, so worked on rectifying it. Shoulders were too far forward I noticed, which I somehow cut out of my mental line up.
    2)NEVER!
    3)...Working up to it again.
    4) I hate this one. Both on me, and other dudes. I keep peeking at myself out of the corner of my eye to see if I'm going low enough; results in an uneven barbell. But I hate watching dudes flex in the mirror or flash their abs. Is kind of... Nah I won't say it.
    "HA... G..."

    (How about 5: Thou shall not take all the weight off the person they spot)

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Agreed. Dude was probs high. Maybe he also mistaken his personal stories for fact: if he enjoys swimming and hiking more than lifting, he may be motivated to try harder at them, therefore seeing more results.

    Course I'd love to read it! : )

    Your food for (today? Yesterday? I do not know) whenever it was, looks amazing! (except for, ngl, the ice cream...anything that colour blue can't be too nice)

    The lamb looks unbelievable, oh my ^_^ glad I could give inspiration for such amazing, delectable food :P

    Have a good night/morning/whatever! : P and I shall reply to mine and Adrian's journal in the morning : )
    It was weird. He's actually really awesome. Chatted to him today in the locker room. Dudes in amazing shape, big and ripped. Was drinking a mass gainer - strawberry, ew - and he's not a broscientist; he knows his stuff. No idea what was up. But he pointed me to a clever app to track/allocate workouts, which I'll give a checkout.

    Only if you do = Only if you let me read yours

    Yea... that sundae was... bleghh.

    Cheers again for the lamb idea! Was delicious! Adrian made me want to have salmon tonight, but I don't have any, but I will have fish. "Tarakihi", I'll fry it up, maybe have it with chips.

    It's 2:31pm as I finish this message, so was morning, now noon. You guys have a great day, now.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  6. #66
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    TRAINING - DEADLIFT DAY

    DEADLIFT
    10x65
    5x77.5/87.5/97.5
    110x4
    80x5

    SQUAT
    10x40
    55x5/5/5
    57.5x5/5/5/5/5

    LEG CURL
    Weight 6 x 10/10/10/10

    LEG EXTENSION
    Weight 10 x 12
    Weight 11 x 12/12/12

    LEG PRESS
    12x100/120
    160x12/10/13

    PUSH UP
    20
    Notes
    • Deadlifts on the heavy got to 5, but only 4 were really proper form. Did another set to practice and adjust my shoulders.
    • SQUAT FORM WAS GREAT! 57.5 for reps of 5. Even got a video of it, if I ever learnt how to put those on her. The one critique I'd make is to lower the side bars from 3-2 (they're in place in case the bar kills the squatter), but my problem is the lower the bar or in absence of it, the lower I go, which sounds great, but I go really low. Aiming just below parallel at the moment, not arse to grass. Was pleased with this! Coulkd maybe get back to 60kg next time.
    • Bumped into one of my oldest friends there. He's running the programme 5/3/1 which I'm considering doing again as I got fairly goo progress when starting on that on both my bench and deadlift. Not sure.


    Now I'm probably gonna have something to eat and around 4pm go out with my Dad so he can get his hair cut and we'll grab a coffee or something. Til then.
    Games. Lotsa games.

    And maybe some writing. YES! Lots of writing!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  7. #67
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Form is a funny thing. Some guys are pros and their form is amazing, while others - trainers included - have terrible form, ie, not going low enough, partial reps, etc. Yet they still have pretty good results. Roids? Genetics? Assistance work? I don't know. I still remember talking to a guy who said he trained his legs on the Smith machine and he said "...and my legs are fine!".
    I looked him up and down and replied, "Yes, yes I too think that's a good word to describe them". They were chicken like on his rather large upper body. Inspiration to squat over9000
    I guess there's always room for improvement :P but yeah, maybe some people are built in ways that restrict/make it difficult for them to have the "ideal" form. Whatever works for them, I guess.

    Ugh, the case of chicken legs. Tragic. Never ever skimp the squats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    1) Success! Noticed it slip lately, so worked on rectifying it. Shoulders were too far forward I noticed, which I somehow cut out of my mental line up.
    2)NEVER!
    3)...Working up to it again.
    4) I hate this one. Both on me, and other dudes. I keep peeking at myself out of the corner of my eye to see if I'm going low enough; results in an uneven barbell. But I hate watching dudes flex in the mirror or flash their abs. Is kind of... Nah I won't say it.
    "HA... G..."
    (How about 5: Thou shall not take all the weight off the person they spot)
    1) I'm still working on that! Glad for you, though :P
    2) damnright.jpeg
    3) Heh, sorry :P
    4) Perhaps more narcissistic than homosexual? :P
    5) yes! there is a point where one can help too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    It was weird. He's actually really awesome. Chatted to him today in the locker room. Dudes in amazing shape, big and ripped. Was drinking a mass gainer - strawberry, ew - and he's not a broscientist; he knows his stuff. No idea what was up. But he pointed me to a clever app to track/allocate workouts, which I'll give a checkout.
    Huh. Odd. However, he loses points for strawberry shake. Jk, to each their own, but seriously that stuff is rank. Strawberry cannot be imitated by chemical means :P it ends up being too sickly, too cloying, or just disgusting. Vanilla ftw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Only if you do = Only if you let me read yours
    Huh? My what?? I wish I had the talent and skill and vigilance and perseverance to be able to write a book :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Yea... that sundae was... bleghh.

    Cheers again for the lamb idea! Was delicious! Adrian made me want to have salmon tonight, but I don't have any, but I will have fish. "Tarakihi", I'll fry it up, maybe have it with chips.

    It's 2:31pm as I finish this message, so was morning, now noon. You guys have a great day, now.
    Now you know for next time ;D

    Salmon and lamb <3 far superior to their counterparts, assuming that salmon's is tuna and lamb's is chicken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    [*] Deadlifts on the heavy got to 5, but only 4 were really proper form. Did another set to practice and adjust my shoulders.[*] SQUAT FORM WAS GREAT! 57.5 for reps of 5. Even got a video of it, if I ever learnt how to put those on her. The one critique I'd make is to lower the side bars from 3-2 (they're in place in case the bar kills the squatter), but my problem is the lower the bar or in absence of it, the lower I go, which sounds great, but I go really low. Aiming just below parallel at the moment, not arse to grass. Was pleased with this! Coulkd maybe get back to 60kg next time.[*] Bumped into one of my oldest friends there. He's running the programme 5/3/1 which I'm considering doing again as I got fairly goo progress when starting on that on both my bench and deadlift. Not sure.[/LIST]

    Now I'm probably gonna have something to eat and around 4pm go out with my Dad so he can get his hair cut and we'll grab a coffee or something. Til then.
    Games. Lotsa games.

    And maybe some writing. YES! Lots of writing!
    Good going in the gym today! As for uploading the video, you could upload it to vimeo or whatever then paste the url?

    Enjoy your gaming and your time with your dad.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  8. #68
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    NUTRITION

    Bowl of Fruit
    jSRci0J.jpg
    Dates, frozen blueberries and sliced banana. I would have mixed it with cottage cheese a la Adrian style :P... But then I realise I have only one 250g carton of the stuff left in my fridge and knew I was easily already getting enough protein in for the day, so decided against it. Maybe tomorrow.

    Fried Tarakihi and potato wedges
    Qu1EkU1.jpg
    Inspired by Adrian's salmon dinner, I made this. Roughly a pound of fish with roughly two pounds potato diced into wedges, coated in coconut flour and spices, served with tomato paste and a white-wine-vinegar/greek yoghurt dip.
    Emphasis on vinegar dip, which was amazing and will be made again.
    yCPgHZY.jpg

    Rice pudding
    oiQXNLe.jpg
    No protein powder in this one - had enough protein today, but was lacking in fats, so topped it with a mound of ice cream. This one's loaded with blueberries, cooked in honey, drowned in ice cream, topped with banana, a drizzle of honey and some raisins. 11/10
    Macros
    P: 157g
    F: 46g
    C: 445g
    Total: 2684kcal

    -Well, fats were a little low and protein a little high, but one day won't kill me. I also managed to get an AMAZINGLY LARGE coffee while I was out with my Dad. Look and mire:
    RmPFPjf.jpg

    It was huge! Larger than my hands and took a good while to finish, too! Fully recommend that place. 100% black coffee (was, like, 5-6 shots) and a big one.

    Anyway. Will put up today's stuff and reply to other people and other threads in a few minutes. Stupid old laptop wants me to restart it, and I'm naught but a slave to the technology.
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 10-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  9. #69
    Adrian's Avatar
    Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    321
    Dates, frozen blueberries and sliced banana.
    Oh you.. I just came back from gym and you MAKE ME EVEN HUNGRIER! This looks amazing. Great mix of fruit, I really love meals you have... They are great inspiration :3

    How do you make your rice pudding? It looks really great : 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

  10. #70
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dat rice pudding *.* it honestly looks like the perfect food. Scrap that, I know it is. It's rice pudding for christ's sake. With ice cream.

    Also, do you want some coffee with that coffee? :P

    Aye, we're all nought but slaves to technology and media. The government has won; we're all slaves to the system. ((
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •