Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang page 6

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, my workout was a "tad" bit extremely weak. Here it is:

Squats
    Warm Up: 10xBar/40/50
    55x10/10/10/10/10

That's it. No deads (), no assistance work, not even any bloody leg raises. Not only that, but I kept feeling like I was gonna puke the whole time and had to rush into the locker room because I was burning up. Bleeeh.

Well, I'm glad I left, anyway. Having future lifting sessions > Getting banned from gym due to puking in one lousy session.

Anyway, after hitting the gym, I stopped off at McDonalds and grabbed myself a Hot Fudge sundae. Don't judge me, I need the calories. And they're delicious (and gluten free, so I won't die. Yay perk!).
    Seriously. I feel today my appetite = nil. I will try to eat calorically dense foods all day to hit - at the very least - my minimum of 2650... I don't think I'll get near extra calories from yesterday.

"Post Workout" Chocolate Sundae
    AE0MXSd.jpg
    Excuse the bad picture, taken on my IPod. This was actually really nice, especially since it's a roasting hot day. It also has about 340kcal and is easy to eat, son win/win.

In a mo I'm gonna blend up a smoothie my Mum's been raving about from a cafe. They're smoothie is: Banana, dates, almond milk, vanilla "powder" (whatever that is) and milk. I will adjust:
    • Frozen Bananas
    • Dates
    • Scoop of protein powder (vanilla)
    • Vanilla ice cream

Should be good enough to keep down.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Oh man! Hope you feel better soon!

That food looks hella good. Shame you puked it up :P

Anyway, take it easy. Hope you have a good day
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hahaha I've got exactly same knife! Your dishes look amazing (again).. I hope your stomach will get better very soon.. Good luck with the gym!
    Cheers guys. Gym was kinda lame, but I appreciate it anyway. Health > PR's... as much as the OCD, insomniac and masochistic side of me (somewhere north of 75% of my brain) disagrees.

I find it kinda funny the first time I ate organ meat in ages, I puked. Hope it won't put me off it. :P
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Such a nice weather there in Auckland! I really understand what you feel, I had same problems after eating too much sauerkraut and mixing it with strange things. I hope you will get better, and I agree with the fact that sometimes it's good to skip the training in order to recover. Health is most important! I hope you'll post picture of smoothie you were about to make, as it sounds delicious...

Good luck with your stomach health! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Such a nice weather there in Auckland! I really understand what you feel, I had same problems after eating too much sauerkraut and mixing it with strange things.... I hope you will get better, and I agree with the fact that sometimes it's good to skip the training in order to recover. Health is most important! I hope you'll post picture of smoothie you were about to make, as it sounds delicious...

Good luck with your stomach health! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    o.O What kind of things?

And pics right on the way!

NUTRITION

Post-post-workout Thickshake
    JhMR7mF.jpg
    Ermagherd I need to make this again. Frozen banana, dates, ice cream and protein powder = a massive cup of deliciousness. Happily sat down and sipped away at it whilst playing Skyrim. tis the good life.

Dates. Lots of dates.
    9H6ygeD.jpg
    Since I ran out of chocolate, it's expensive and I'm low on cash (so sad right now, but should be able to make my own soon), these babies are pretty much my go-to for easy cals when my appetite sucks. They're also delicious. Natures candy.

Honey-glazed salmon on white rice
    HztW8Ef.jpg
    Smaller piece of salmon than I'm used to, but I'm running a budget here. Mixed in some nori and sliced carrots for, uh, nutrition. But mostly consistency.

Fruit Salad on Ice Cream
    howi8T5.jpg
    Vanilla ice cream with sliced banana, pears, raspberries and a drizzle of honey.

Crapton of honey and multiple protein shakes
    I ate roughly 100g of honey before bed last night in the form of lemon/ginger/honey drinks. Also drank quite a few (three) protein shakes yesterday to consolidate for the lost protein on Tuesday. Not sure if I needed it, but I did it anyway. Meh.

Macros

P:154g
    F:73g
    C:438g
    Total: 2922kcal

Well, that wasn't easy to do. And I owe it all to ice cream... which I am now, sadly, all out of No more ice cream for me. Unless I get some more. Obviously.

MFP Food Diary:

Thursday 2/10/2013

Started this morning off with a very talkative stomach. It actually growled at me. It was so cute. But was then followed by a trip to the bathroom.

Not so cute.

Had a quick shower and took a peek at myself in the mirror. This might sound weird, but I look ridiculously lean today. Maybe it's because of the bloat I had all of yesterday, maybe it has something to do with carbs or maybe I'm just blinded by a mixture of shower fog and my awesomeness. Who knows?

Popped out the shower and prepped myself a coffee while my Mum cooked Dad some breakfast. He's got bacon, scrambled eggs and cheese of some "Lo-Carb" wrap, whilst I have my morning BP coffee and protein. I also saw his lunch - angus sausages, an apple, and some almonds. Minus the latter two, I'm miring the sausages. Those are delicious.

Now I'm in my rooms, Sims on because of my weird OCD, checking my messages, drinking my coffee and Vibering my oh-so gorgeous and tired girlfriend (8:36am :P ). I've got gym soon. Got OHP day today, gonna try get 3x5x47.5 or reps of 47.5 at least, and get reps of 8 on the bench for 62.5-65.
    I'm also gonna do some squat form today (reps of 55 again, methinks) and maybe sub deads for my barbell row. Maybe.

But more importantly, look at my coffee!
    0Y1LOwM.jpg
    LOOK AT IT!
    1/2scoop of protein, 5g coconut oil and a teaspoon of gelatin. It looks only half as good as it tastes.

What I love about combining coffee with cocoa powder and coconut oil is the richness it provides. Like a dark chocolate drink. Had to add quite a bit to drown out the sweetness of the protein.

Objectives for the day?
    1. I wanna do some good writing. Sit down for 45 minutes, no distractions, and get some stuff done. Three pages would be nice.
    2. Study the Road Code for 1-2 hours.
    3. Be a nerd and get my race of "Templar" (yes, from my book) past the "Tribal Stage" in SPORE (if anyone else plays that, you're awesome too).
    4. Skyrim goals - end Thieves Guild and begin Dawnguard as Shadowknight. Create the Paladin (Shadowknight's rival/opposite/ally).
    5. Complete online Road Code test
    6. Draft lesson plan

A lot of my goals are game-related, but I strangely find that whenever I get on a roll of designing my characters in a game, I get a crapton of writing done. Not sure why. But say, I game for an hour, then turn it off and write, it's as if my imagination runs wild with that character I actually push out some pretty good content.
    I was browsing my old emails the other day and came across my old work. Some sucked, but others were actually quite a delight to read, both for nostalgia and - if I do say so myself - were actually quit good.

I hope everyone has a good day and I'll endeavor to do the same.

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    And people slag off gaming! I'd be doing a lot more if I actually had any games other than CoD and RDR, lol.

Anyway, hope you have a good day! I'm sure you will, especially considering you started with that coffee. Oh myyyyy gooood it looks good.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Now I can see some benegits of pc games good luck with your plans and I wish you a very nice day! ...mmm what a coffee..

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

TRAINING - OHP DAY
    + a bit of yesterday

OHP
    Warm up:
    10xBar/30
    5x37.5/40
    Working Set
    45x5
    47x5x3
    45x5/5/5
    42.5x5

ROW
    42.5x5/5/7
    45x5/5/5

BENCH
    Warm Up
    10x50
    8x60
    Working Sets
    62.5x8/8/7/5

SQUAT
    10x40
    55x8/5/5/5/6

LEG CURL
    Weight 6x 10/10
    Weight 7x 10/8

LEG EXTENSION
    Weight 10x12/12/12/12

DEADLIFT
    Warm Up
    65x10
    75x10
    Working Set
    85x5/5/5

HANGING LEG RAISES
    Bodyweight+1kg x15/15/15
    Notes
    • A friend of mine, who is learning friends linguistics, gave me an Asterix comic to read. We've been chatting about these things for awhile (both kinda nerdy... "kinda"). It'll be great to read one of these again
    • Decided to reset my squat... again. Adding 2.5kg per session starting at 55kg and I should get there, since my form for 5x5 at 55kg seems okay. I hate deloading again, but if this is what it takes... With two squat session a week, that'll bring me back to my previous squat in a couple of weeks, and hopefully - with better form - I'll be able to advance.
    • Guy in the gym was yammering on about how he "didn't see weight training as useful" or "natural" compared with things such as swimming or running. Notsureifsrs.

Now I'm gonna whip up another vanilla date smoothie... or I was, but we're outta ice cubes. Grief Will wait for a bit then do it.

MFP Food Diary:

NUTRITION

Post Workout Date-Banana shake
    F268f1n.jpg
    Two frozen bananas, handful of frozen dates, scoop of vanilla protein and 250ml almond milk to get the genuine flavour of the cafe smoothie. Was delicious. Will use up the rest of the almond milk tomorrow for another!

An apple and dates. Lots of dates.
    (No pic)
    Because I love dates. And in the show "Luther", the main character ate an apple... when people eat apples on TV or movies, I always want an apple. Always have. Not sure why.

Fried eggs and fried potatoes
    zcrUqe7.jpg
    Simple, delicious and cheap. Definitely frying potatoes again - just cut cut 'em up, nuked them in the microwave then added them to the pan. Added a flavour like no other.

Protein Rice Pudding
    lUAGmK7.jpg
    Used almond milk (I bought a litre, so figured I'd use it) instead of water and boiled it with an apple, raspberries and sliced dates, then mixed in the whey in with raisins, sliced a banana on top and splashed on a bit of milk.

Macros
    P: 149g
    F: 58g
    C: 463g
    Total: 2835kcal

Hope everyone has a great night! I'll be spending mine writing.

Adieu.

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    That milkshake looks soooo good, oh my god.

Damned bananas, though. Damn my gut to hell.

No shame in deloading. I just realised how poor my form was, and it was frustrating. Like deadlifts, I really need to work on the form before I can start adding weights, lest I injure myself or look even more like a noob in the gym than I usually do.

Also, is that dude srs. He must've never been hiking or rowing or trekking or anything outdoorsy before.

Hope you've gotten some good writing done! When you're finished, I'd love to read it...if you're down for it, of course. :P
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This shake stole my heart I have same issue with food sometimes - I see someone eating smth and that view starts binge.. Anyway I really like the way you eat and live. Good luck with uni ! I'd also like to Read your works in future! I still keep my fingers crossed for you ;D

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast