Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang page 2

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Himself obviously. But I'm sure he'd be willing to share the adjective! See your first post.
    Oh, just picked up on what you said. "One of my sons thinks he's awesome too". Thought you meant he also thought someone else we both admired was awesome. Like Batman, who is awesome. But now I get you.

/feelingdumb
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Omg you are not allowed to go from awesome to feeling dumb. Lol if you are awesome, which clearly you must be, then it is TOTALLY my fault in writing using such crassly ambiguous syntax. The fault is all mine sir, I humbly apologise for besmirching your awesomeness in any way. Lol! I've learned a lot from my son! Now go straighten your awesome crown.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Omg you are not allowed to go from awesome to feeling dumb. Lol if you are awesome, which clearly you must be, then it is TOTALLY my fault in writing using such crassly ambiguous syntax. The fault is all mine sir, I humbly apologise for besmirching your awesomeness in any way. Lol! I've learned a lot from my son! Now go straighten your awesome crown.
    Oh, fear not!

One can be dumb and awesome simultaneously - I'm living proof... and you'd have to try a hell of a lot harder than that to damage my ego :P

MFP Food Diary:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Oh, fear not!

One can be dumb and awesome simultaneously - I'm living proof... and you'd have to try a hell of a lot harder than that to damage my ego :P
    Point taken, son is also simultaneously awesome and dumb. He's only 11 mind and really quite awesome. Normal service resumed then.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Wednesday 18/09/13

TRAINING –Squat DAY
    Deadlift Warm up - (65x10) (5x77.5/90/100)
    Final Set (112.5x5)
    Squat: Warm Up (5x50/55/60/65)
    Proper set (70x5/5/3)
    - failure, dropped to (62.5x5)
    Leg Curl: (Weight6 x 12)
    Leg Extension: (Weight10 x 12/12) (Weight 11x 12/12)
    Leg Press: (160x12) (170x12/12/12)
    Hanging Leg Raises: +1kg between legs 17/15/15/14
    Notes:
    • My squat is a bitch. Seriously, my bench is beating my squat now, it's embarassing. And it's not as if I'm new to them, I've literally been squatting since Day 1 in the gym a year ago,and - due to my ego being too damn high - I've deloaded a ridiculous number of times. My form... I can't tell if it's bad or not. I keep looking in the mirror to my left to check it (my knees, parallel, etc) - I definitely go low enough, used to go ass to grass, but had to force myself to just go to parallel - but I struggle to maintain good form. Bleh.
    • I was really happy with my Deadlift; felt strong the whole time. But then I watched a recording I took on my IPod... Warm up reps were all good, but arched my back a bit on the final set on a couple reps,. Need to fix that. But I have to say... I bloody love deadlifting. Favourite lift/10
    • I finally managed to be a lazy prick and I did the leg press; I usually go "Nah, screw it" and not do them, but hey, did it this time. Forgot how much I enjoy them.
    • Got challenged to a push up challenged by a fellow gym rat on Saturday. She says she can do 50 "mens push ups", and I have no idea how many I can do - kinda neglected push ups since I started gyming. That said, I did do them on Monday... I accepted the challenge. Looking forward to it.

MFP Food Diary:

Basically spent the rest of the day completing an assignment with my girlfriend.

A roughly 3000 word reading log on ten books printed after 2000, two cultural, one novel, and they all had to be reviewed by language, illustrations, and content. Yay!...
    ...got most of it done. We'll complete the rest tomorrow, in Uni.

I love having my girlfriend over for dinner. Really do. We've been doing it every wednesday for weeks, now. But that's probably going to stop – or at least, become a lot more difficult – next week onwards, as we go on Practicum.
    I checked out my bus routes – total of an hour and a half bussing to and from the place, no including the long walk from mine to the bus stop. I'll be home at say... 6:00PM? I'll be struggling to fit anything in – have to be at the school by 8:00am, they finish roughly at 3:00pm, not including teachers meetings, which will no doubt take longer... long story short, gym, family and my girlfriend will be a lot harder to fit in.

Don't get me wrong, I will fit everything in – I don't plan on not lifting anymore, I love it, and gaming! - but I just thought I'd treasure some moments wth her, is all.
    We cooked chicken for dinner. I had mine on rice with veggies, she had hers on homepbaked wedges in her home cooked sauce. She loves to cook, seriously loves it, and she's damn good at it, too – her gluten-free baking is the only kind I've ever liked. And her butter chicken is fantastic.
    Then we had baked apples and ice cream for dinner, which was amazing, before we said goodnight.

Now I'm sitting at my laptop, working on my writing, watching Hellsing and doing some of my assignment. Will call her soon.
    And I have tea, Mmm, tea.

Eatz.
    NUTRITION

Gelatin Coffee
    Attachment 13133
    (10g Butter/Coconut oil/Gelatin)

½ a Container Mixed Berry CoYo
    Attachment 13134
    A “coconut milk yoghurt” with mixed berries. Damn expensive, but my girlfriend loved it in an organic shop, so I bought a tub $14 for 400g!!!) so we could split it. How good is it?... Well,s he hates coconut, and she was obsessed with it since we first tried it last week. So that should tell you.

An apple.
    (No pic)

Chicken and veggies on white rice.
    Attachment 13136
    One large chicken breast, diced up carrots and brocolli on 100g uncooked rice. Seasonings used: worchester, manuka smoked salt, pepper, cajun.

Baked Apple with ice cream
    Attachment 13137
    Date-stuffed baked apple with orange juice and shavings as “sauce”, served with three scoops vanilla ice cream with a dash of cinnamon. Because cinnamon.

Kumara “cookies” and protein sludge.
    2jO2c8F.jpg
    Made to make up for leftover calories/protein.
    The “cookies” are wedges of kumara (terrible pic, nicer in real life) coated in ginger, cinnamon and a teaspoon of raw sugar, microwaved until crispy with a softe inside, served hot like cookies from the oven. Nom.
    The “sludge” is one scoop protein power, 1-2 tablespoons of water. Mix until a paste. Makes a great sweet proteiny dip.

Macros:
    P: 128g
    F: 85g
    C: 338g
    Total: 2582kcal

Aaaaaand that's a wrap. Will make up that extra 58 calories from today tomorrow. I don't know, a bit more honey on my dessert? Who knows. Might snack on something while doing that assignment.

Anywho, adieu til tomorrow. Goodnight!
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 09-18-2013 at 04:12 AM.

MFP Food Diary:

Thursday 19/09/13

Thursdays are “okay” days. Nothing bad, nothing special, either.
    Woke up and had to make my girlfriend a sandwich, because I promised, so made one from two chicken legs (meat only, obviously), half an avocado, some grated carrot, mayo and sliced tomato between two pieces of gluten-free bread. I don't know how she can stand the stuff, I personally can't, buuuut.... to each their own, meh.

Then I prepped my coffee and sat down to watch some Youtube, work on my assignment and plan what I was gonna do for the day. I promised my sister we'd watch Alucard together tonight. We haven't hung out in ages, so yeah, going for that.

At Uni I opted to work on my assignment rather than go to History. Why? Well, History is boring, and I already have all the notes on it. I kept working on my assignment right through the Technology Workshop, which today was making chocolate, which usually I'd be all over, but...
    ...the darkest brand being made was 50%. Not in, so not in. That's not dark chocolate, that's milk chocolate pretending to be dark. Bleh. And besides, I can actually make dark chocolate at home, not just melt it into moulds, amateurs.

While working on my assignment, I nommed on some baked kumara and dates, because I remember it being delicious. I've kinda been on a date rage, lately, having them every day. They're amazing to nibble on, delicious melted over hot things and have the best texture when chilled or frozen,

Assignment is now done and dusted. Three thousand words reviewing ten books. The longest one? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! I love those books, and kinda had to restrict myself from writing a crapton more.

As for now? Now I'm working on some of my novel. Namely characters – the Villains, mainly. The main villain – Gravelord Proditor, is actually really fun to write about.

Big thanks again to you, French Fry for helping me out on for the name of the Cafe the protagonist works in.
    It kinda is a big thing since a good deal takes place there. Tell me – does La Sang Caféiné translate as “the Caffienated Blood”, or something different/nonsensical? I know you said “ Sang Caféiné” translates as “Caffienated Blood” but does “le” or “la” work before it?

Nomz and more updates for today will come later.

MFP Food Diary:

I also LOVE DEADLIFTING. Great idea to video your sessions so you can keep track of your form. Do you follow any coaches at all? I find awesome tips and ideas from Ben Bruno, Jen Sinkler, and Coach Dos, among others.

It's le sang, as it's masculine and hey, I posted it too! Go check back.

Gluten free bread is the worst. You might as well have used cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by madamvonsassypants View Post
    I also LOVE DEADLIFTING. Great idea to video your sessions so you can keep track of your form. Do you follow any coaches at all? I find awesome tips and ideas from Ben Bruno, Jen Sinkler, and Coach Dos, among others.
    Deadlifts are AWESOME! What are your current stats?

Yea, I've kinda been considering uploading some vids on here so I can get my form critiqued... If only I could figure out how.

Not a coach per se, but I get most of my nutritional and lifting info from Jason Blaha.
    IceCreamFitness - YouTube
    I love his content. Controversial stuff to be sure, and he pisses off a good few people in the fitness industry... but I still think he's awesome.

It's le sang, as it's masculine and hey, I posted it too! Go check back.

Gluten free bread is the worst. You might as well have used cardboard.
    "Le Sang Caféiné", then? Thanks And yeah, I know you did :P I was gonna acknowledge you at the time... But I don't know why I didn't, actually. I might have forgot mid post. Sorry

Yeah, gluten free bread does suck. Most gluten free products do, I find. But she enjoys sandwiches, and hey - if she can put up with me being Coeliac and eating that crap, then I'll gladly make her a sandwich any day. And I make sure to fill it to the brim with stuff she likes, like the chicken, mayo (Godknowswhy) and avocado.

This evening I got home, cooked up dinner and watched some Alucard with my sis. Today I've done a good amount of writing, completed two assignments (one MASSIVE literacy one, and a History quiz online). Now I'm Skyping my friend with a cup of tea and heading off to bed, after more writing.

Tomorrow morning I've got gym - OHP day, gonna try to get past 47.5 for reps on that, and do well on the bench... also will train for that push up challenge on Saturday. Then I'll be visiting my Nanny for a home-visit, or in the mall, depending on how things go and if the care-home can help her out.
    Will probably work on practicum stuff, too.

Now, then.

ON TO TEH NOMZ

NUTRITION:
    Bulletproof Gelatin Coffee
    jbah89i.jpg
    (10g Butter/Coconut Oil, 6g Gelatin)

Baked kumara and dates
    NT0iqMX.jpg
    NOMNOMNOM Dates.

Coconut fried shrimp on rice
    pY6fvQK.jpg
    236g shrimp coated in coconut-flour fried in coconut oil, covered in coconut butter and shredded coconut on top of 100g white rice.
    Coconut-ception, baby.

Banana split
    EYQHwCR.jpg
    French vanilla ice cream on leftover banana from...

Protein rice pudding
    IlaPNeK.jpg
    Vanilla whey, 100g white rice, dates, sliced banana, splash of honey and tiny dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Macros:
    P: 122g
    F: 57g
    C: 410g
    Total: 2611kcal

GAH. This means I have to eat 2742kcal tomorrow :'/ Got pretty caught up in Uni today and didn't get to pack much (Dad wanted to use the kitched after I made the sandwich, kicking me out - I barely had time to microwave that kumara.

I should be able to hit that goal tomorrow. I plan on having some sushi post workout with my Nan, then maybe rice pudding later, depending on if we go to the Organic shop or not.
    Can anyone give me any ideas for dinner? I got nuttin'

MFP Food Diary:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast