42.5x5

DIP
    +8kgx10/10/8

WEIGHTED CRUNCH
    +1kgx15/10/10
    LYING LEG RAISES
    15/15/15
    Notes
    • Was spotted by an awesome lady who I chat with often at the gum. I always manage to get good reps of 70kg when she';s around to help - best spot I've met yet - and I help her on her lifts, too. Added her on FB so we can help each other out in future.

Spent most of the day writing up Fitness lesson plans for the week. This reminds me:
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a Fitness Lesson Plan of which has no equipment besides a netball/basketball court (lined) and fifteen minutes of time in the morning? Running out of ideas, lol.
    Also did some gaming and reading. Has anyone read any of Lee Child's books? The ones about Jack Reacher? Bloody love him. I remember reading Jack Reacher when I was younger and adoring them because they reminded me so much of my own character: headstrong, somewhat arrogant, doesn't take shit and experienced. Great books. 11/10

Now, teh nomz:

NUTRITION

Protein Coffee
    QtdHzTq.jpg
    1 Scoop whey, 300ml milk, 5tsp gelatin and lots of coffee and cocoa powder.

PWO CC
    km1N7mq.jpg
    That's the last of the frozen raspberries, a lot of blueberries, two bananas and a dash on cinammon mixed into a carton of 250g CC. Delicious.

GF Ice cream bar thing.
    tOIV5Qy.jpg
    Saw this in the freezer, and my sisters had one. Came in three flavours - the chocolate coating, I mean - milk, white and dark. Guess which one I got.

Salmon and chips.
    http://i.imgur.com/A4OZW0h.jpg
    Salmon and kumara wedges with sweet chilli sauce. Savoured whilst reading an awesome Reacher book.

Marshmallow stuffed kumara with blueberries and sliced banana
    http://i.imgur.com/4HHhBeV.jpg
    Um... I'm not pregnant. Promise.

Macros
    P: 170g
    F: 71g
    C: 361g
    Total: 2673kcal

Good, solid day.
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 10-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I also snapped some pics in the bathroom of my new shirt (BATMAN! ) and my awesome sword.

Mire my shirt, sword and facials:
    PksYMsJ.jpg
    G4PgCns.jpg
    JWFq9qd.jpg
    cdILmRx.jpg

Oh, God yea, I love this sword. I will not deny I swung it around quite a bit today, because inner child and all that.

Also took a arms-crossed/kinda Jason Blaha pose with the Batman shirt:
    sJYvFAe.jpg
    Mire the amused condescension in my gaze.

Anyway, hope everyone has an amazing night, I'm gonna try catching some rest for Practicum tomorrow morning. Sweet dreams everyone!

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Sky, blue. Grass, green. Skeleton, dead.

Yes, these two come hand in hand.
    Pfft ;-)

Armageddon = New Zealand pretty much trying to put comic con and every other foreign event into one. Games, comics, films, anime/manga, tv - you name it, it'll be there.

I basically just made fun of him. To be honest, I can't remember a strict sentence... but I think I made fun of his legs. I am just terrible sometimes.
    Ah, I see. So it was good apart from your little encounter? I have to say, that is pretty terrible. You bad person you :P

LOL.

Nope, that's the side of my iPad. Though a Blue Box would be an excellent cosplay at Armageddon, I admit.
    Ohhh : P

Imo, you would've made a brilliant sword-yieding blue-box maybe an insult-firing-sword-yielding-blue-box?

^^That dude is legit. He now goes by the name "JuggernautFitness" on Youtube due to legal reasons. I'd strongly recommend following him - his nutrition and training information is extremely vast and interesting.
    Ah yeah, heard about that. He got kicked out of his gym; but the reason is unknown (to me)

Anyway, I shall sub to his channel.

It truly was foul.

$2 each for a 41g bar each worth 190kcal. That's 380kcal of shitty chocolate that was totally unenjoyable and I only ate because there was nothing else I could eat. Ugh.
    *spits out mouthful of G&B's* WHAT?!

Jesus. well, lesson learned. Keep quality choc on you at all times

Yeah I love them, seriously. Amazing family. We get on like a charm.

WHISKEY!

OOooooooOOh! Pretty sure my best friend down in Christchurch is sending up me a bottle of the stuff soon for a late birthday present. He told me on Skype today it was "heavy" and wondered, quite cautiously, if my parents would be checking my mail. IMO it'll be either 1) whiskey, 2)a badass jacket, 3)pot or 4)some of the above.

Oh, ho. I did :-D
    Awesome :-)

Also, there's no way you can lose out on a situation like that ;-) all of the options are awesome.

Was spotted by an awesome lady who I chat with often at the gum. I always manage to get good reps of 70kg when she';s around to help - best spot I've met yet - and I help her on her lifts, too. Added her on FB so we can help each other out in future.
    Nice :3 are the people in your gym just extra social or what? The people in my gym either keep completely to themselves or are with their mates/training partners.

Does anyone have any good ideas for a Fitness Lesson Plan of which has no equipment besides a netball/basketball court (lined) and fifteen minutes of time in the morning? Running out of ideas, lol.
    ...shuttle runs? Piggy back race? Leap frog? Hell, idk :-P

Has anyone read any of Lee Child's books? The ones about Jack Reacher? Bloody love him. I remember reading Jack Reacher when I was younger and adoring them because they reminded me so much of my own character: headstrong, somewhat arrogant, doesn't take shit and experienced. Great books. 11/10
    Oh yessss, I saw the film in the cinema. Read none of the books - there's just so many of them.

Saw this in the freezer, and my sisters had one. Came in three flavours - the chocolate coating, I mean - milk, white and dark. Guess which one I got.
    Ummm...white!

Um... I'm not pregnant. Promise
    Your girlfriend will have some answering to do if you are. (that's how pregnancy works, right?)

I also snapped some pics in the bathroom of my new shirt (BATMAN! :-D) and my awesome sword.

Oh, God yea, I love this sword. I will not deny I swung it around quite a bit today, because inner child and all that.

Also took a arms-crossed/kinda Jason Blaha pose with the Batman shirt:
    Mire the amused condescension in my gaze.

Anyway, hope everyone has an amazing night, I'm gonna try catching some rest for Practicum tomorrow morning. Sweet dreams everyone! :-)
    :')

Good luck at Practicum

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Damn man way to go on those lifts
    And ur foods are better than ever , wat is kumara btw??
    Hahah iv always wanted to go to one of those con stuff , u know just to try it out nt that im a marvel fan or Anything , I have no knowledge in gaming or stuff like that and OMG ur pics r hilarious I swear I kept laughing so hard

P.S have u ever thought of letting ur hair grow again.....IMHO it looked better when it was longer

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

HavanaFiend is offline Member
    Shadowknight137, I like you a lot bro. Not only is it awesome to see another teenage guy on here, but you are from NZ too?! This is too cool!

I have read every page of your journal - creepy? probably a little. No shortage of entertainment here. I love teh photos of your eats, reading about your gym progress and most of all the challenges faced at uni - I'm heading south next year for first year.

I've just joined the MDA forum and started a journal, so I'd be stoked to get in on some of the fun going on here
    Nice to meet you!

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    Shadowknight137, I like you a lot bro. Not only is it awesome to see another teenage guy on here, but you are from NZ too?! This is too cool!
    Yo!

Yeah, I am from NZ, actually. Auckland - you're from Wellington, eh? How's stuff down there going for you?

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    I have read every page of your journal - creepy? probably a little. No shortage of entertainment here. I love teh photos of your eats, reading about your gym progress and most of all the challenges faced at uni - I'm heading south next year for first year.

I've just joined the MDA forum and started a journal, so I'd be stoked to get in on some of the fun going on here
    Nice to meet you!

Luke
    Lol, creepy? Not at all. Well, probably a little bit, but this is the internet: we're all used to it. It's how things work. You're heading South for Uni? What one are you going to, and what for? This reminds me I need to update my journal.

Well, it's a pleasure to have you here - seriously, the more the merrier. Especially if you're from New Zealand. I'll admit, I've been out of the loop for awhile, but now I'm gonna do what I can to get back into it. If you haven't already, I'd recommend chatting with EgyptianGrok, ebrady and Adrian - we're all around the same age, and they're awesome.

Welcome to the MDA forums, btw.

MFP Food Diary:

Okay, now I guess I update. While I was typing up my last reply, I thougt I'd type a nice, long explaination, but then I figured "Screw it, I don't wanna linger on this".

Long story short.
    I failed my Practicum assessment.
    I was supposed to be reassessed on November the 4th, but I was called in due to the "relationship being broken" and pulled me out of the school. Didn't give me a chance to say goodbye to the kids, either, and they were so well behaved that day. So pretty much they gave up on me and couldn't be bothered waiting. I'm really fucking angry they dragged it out for another week so I had to suffer the stress and have the hope I could still pass just to have them fail me right in the middle of a lesson plan I had prepped a few days beforehand.

Ugh.

What am I gonna do now? Sit my exams. I'm no quitter, never have been, never will be. I pushed through every day of that Practicum right up until the day I was deemed not good enough. But I didn't quit. I'm gonna sit my exams, get my credits and then probably transfer to a degree of Sports and Recreation next year - Fitness/Nutrition/Impacts on media/etc - which I think'll work for me, because I have a passion for this kind of thing. I plan on, one day, being a PT.
    Need a job, too. Maybe at the YMCA, maybe at McDonalds. The latter actually sounds really appealing.

But what have I been doing in recent days?
    Relaxing. Working. Enjoying company of those around me. Had my girlfriend visit me in town on Friday, we grabbed some Kiwiyo - the owners now think of us as regulars and let us choose our own flavour for the $5 tub, so $20+ worth of ice cream for $10 - and watched the movie About Time then grabbed a GF burger before spending the night at hers. Spent most of Saturday getting to know her father's side of the family, who decided (kinda) they'll have me around next Friday for dinner. Yesterday we just lay on a chair at my place reading, it was nice.

Ugh, well, life is a bitch sometimes and throws us a curve ball. In, fact, most of the time life is a bitch. Then you die. Lovely. But there is no way in hell I consider this year to be a waste. Ever. Anyone who says that is an idiot. I met one of the best friends I ever had, had some amazing and exciting experiences and somehow managed to get the most gorgeous girl in the bloody world to be my girlfriend. Go figure, I'm not doing so bad.

I've decided as of today to get back on track with things. Nutrition tracking, lifting, posting here, etc.

Right now I'm just sitting here, typing away with my black coffee, in my batman shirt, ready to hit the gym in a few. Bench Day today, and I decided to use 5/3/1 as a baseline. Also set new goals in terms of strength and fitness.

So, I'm back, is what I'm saying. Lifting results will be posted later, as will macros, and I think I'll actually use this as a Journal, too. As of so far I've pretty much been saying "Gym was like this, I ate this, and I did a bit of this. It was good". Nah, now I'm gonna do a bit more reflecting. Talk about my day. Make fun of more people. What dafuq not?

Anyway. Til I get back, have a great day, everyone. To my usual circle of chatters, I'll get back into your threads ASAP, and sorry for my inactivity.
    Catch you later.

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    I failed my Practicum assessment.
    I was supposed to be reassessed on November the 4th, but I was called in due to the "relationship being broken" and pulled me out of the school. Didn't give me a chance to say goodbye to the kids, either, and they were so well behaved that day. So pretty much they gave up on me and couldn't be bothered waiting. I'm really fucking angry they dragged it out for another week so I had to suffer the stress and have the hope I could still pass just to have them fail me right in the middle of a lesson plan I had prepped a few days beforehand.

What am I gonna do now? Sit my exams. I'm no quitter, never have been, never will be. I pushed through every day of that Practicum right up until the day I was deemed not good enough. But I didn't quit. I'm gonna sit my exams, get my credits and then probably transfer to a degree of Sports and Recreation next year - Fitness/Nutrition/Impacts on media/etc - which I think'll work for me, because I have a passion for this kind of thing. I plan on, one day, being a PT.
    Woah woah wait. So now there is no hope of you being a teacher?! Surely you can do another assessment in another school or something? I don't understand how it works...

I mean, is your ultimate dream still to be a teacher? You haven't re-evaluated based purely on what they've done to you, have you? Because I think you'd make a truly amazing teacher; and they've just ruined everything you've worked for.

What a shitty thing for them to do. Can you not, I dunno, write a letter of complaint?

No year is a waste. There is no wasted day. Like you said, you built amazing relationships. You had some good memories, and some bad ones. But at the end of the day, nothing is ever wasted - you can learn from anything and everything; and you learned, thanks to some people's laziness, things turn to shit.

I'm pretty angry at them tbh. You didn't fail Practicum. I bet on it. Firstly, the guidelines were unclear; then they couldn't even be arsed to give you another chance?!

Ugh.

nevertheless, it's good to have you back here. Our little group is still going strong

Hope you have a good day. See you in a bit.

Jero is offline Junior Member
    28/10/2013

Also did some gaming and reading. Has anyone read any of Lee Child's books? The ones about Jack Reacher? Bloody love him. I remember reading Jack Reacher when I was younger and adoring them because they reminded me so much of my own character: headstrong, somewhat arrogant, doesn't take shit and experienced. Great books. 11/10
    Awesome book series, I just finished the latest book . How many have you read?

Your logs awesome, and you seemed to have started a sort of food picture craze here on MDA

I'm probably going to steal your protein coffee idea, it looks awesome.

HavanaFiend is offline Member
    Yo!

Yeah, I am from NZ, actually. Auckland - you're from Wellington, eh? How's stuff down there going for you?

Lol, creepy? Not at all. Well, probably a little bit, but this is the internet: we're all used to it. It's how things work. You're heading South for Uni? What one are you going to, and what for? This reminds me I need to update my journal.
    Sweet, what part of Auckland are you from? We've had great weather down here recently, it's a pretty awesome city when the sun is shining.

Ha! Too true, I guess a little creepiness is acceptable across the board.. I'm going to Canterbury for Forestry Science. Not sure what to expect but it should be a great adventure.

Sucks to hear of your misfortune bro. No doubt you'll end up doing something you love, fingers crossed. Like you say, life is a bitch... and you're getting half price ice cream so it could be a lot worse. Sounds like you have a good realistic approach to such things, I like it

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast