Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang

Shop Now
    Yo!

Yeah, I am from NZ, actually. Auckland - you're from Wellington, eh? How's stuff down there going for you?

Lol, creepy? Not at all. Well, probably a little bit, but this is the internet: we're all used to it. It's how things work. You're heading South for Uni? What one are you going to, and what for? This reminds me I need to update my journal.
    Sweet, what part of Auckland are you from? We've had great weather down here recently, it's a pretty awesome city when the sun is shining.

Ha! Too true, I guess a little creepiness is acceptable across the board.. I'm going to Canterbury for Forestry Science. Not sure what to expect but it should be a great adventure.

Sucks to hear of your misfortune bro. No doubt you'll end up doing something you love, fingers crossed. Like you say, life is a bitch... and you're getting half price ice cream so it could be a lot worse. Sounds like you have a good realistic approach to such things, I like it

Sorry to hear about the Practicum, but I'm with Ebrady, is there realy no other school option?

Seems a bit odd, as I know here in Canada your not "stuck" like that.

TRAINING - BENCH DAY

Bench
    5x60/65
    70x5/5/4
    65x5/5
    60x6
    50x10/9/8
    OHP
    10x20/30/35
    40x4/4/4
    35x10/8
    Curl
    15x10
    17.5x10/10/8/5
    Dip
    +8kg x 10/10/8

Pull Up
    2x5

Notes
    • Solid workout. Had a few comments as to how I'd put on some good size in my arms.
    • Despite this being a great workout, I noticed another guy around my age doing some squats - heavy stuff, too - and was dying to do some of my own. Kept thinking about tomorrow's workout, which may have taken it's toll on today. Well, very least I'm damn eager for tomorrow.

Got home and been doing some writing. Lots of writing. Stuck in a bit of a dilemna. Can't decide if I want the main character's old war buddies to be mortal with magical abilities and so will eventually age and die or Immortal and never age and die. The latter of which requires some kinda explaination, such as magic prolonging their life for eternity, my problem with that however is that removes the title of "Immortal" being special at all - why be a Vampire or Lich or hunt down the Garden of Eden if you already won't die of age? I'm kinda hesitant for "Immortal" to mean "ageless" and maybe the Garden makes characters (or supposedly makes them) "DemiGods". Gaaaah.
    Would go with the former (ie, mortals with magic who will at some stage die of age), but that wouldn't work since the main character is Immortal (being one of the things he hates about himself), if living in present day and the war was thirty odd years back, so if I did that, his friends would be old and wrinkly.
    Of course, I could make them be Immortal in the sense that they all have supernatural traits. But that kinda seems... eh. What do you think? His old warbuddies are a giant dude and his sorceress wife, and a ex-environmentalist terrorist and alchemist... guess that could be a Werebear and his Vampire wife, and an Elf/Sylvan... but this gets so complicated.

My never-ending problem with my writing: getting stuck on stupid details. Bleh.

Anyhoo. Just ate, too. Ate some protein pancakes of my own which I made - were pretty legit, but needed ice cream, else tehy'd be too dry. Pics will be posted with macros, later. Thinking of maybe going for a swim.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Woah woah wait. So now there is no hope of you being a teacher?! Surely you can do another assessment in another school or something? I don't understand how it works...

I mean, is your ultimate dream still to be a teacher? You haven't re-evaluated based purely on what they've done to you, have you? Because I think you'd make a truly amazing teacher; and they've just ruined everything you've worked for.

What a shitty thing for them to do. Can you not, I dunno, write a letter of complaint?
    I don't even know. Apparently I had a shit AT, and should have walked into my assessment knowing I was going to fail instead of thinking I was in the clear. IE, I was uninformed and she wasn't doing her job of making sure I was on track. I'm not gonna pretend it's all her - in fact, it probably mostly was my doing - but it was meant to be her job to make sure I'm in the right direction. Provide feedback. Ugh.

Ultimate dream to be a teacher? Nope. My ultimate dream is to be a writer. Always has been, though I keep putting it off, and always get stuck on detail. I guess, however, in terms of career, I'd be better off placed in a job where I am doing something I love, which is why I think a job in Sports and Recreational Science would be perfect for me - Training and Nutrition is something I love and is on my mind a lot, anyway, so mixing a hobby I enjoy with career seems perfect IMO.

In a way I'm glad it's over. I kinda didn't really enjoy getting up to go to Practicum, in fact, kinda dreaded it. Not sure if that'd because of a shitty experience, or maybe it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    No year is a waste. There is no wasted day. Like you said, you built amazing relationships. You had some good memories, and some bad ones. But at the end of the day, nothing is ever wasted - you can learn from anything and everything; and you learned, thanks to some people's laziness, things turn to shit.

nevertheless, it's good to have you back here. Our little group is still going strong

Hope you have a good day. See you in a bit.

Oh, trust me, I have no doubt this has been one of the best years of my life. I don't regret a thing. Not anyone who I've met or anything I've done. Loved it. Met the best, most interesting people ever,.
    All I'm really sad about is that I won't be seeing most of those people next year. No more Epsom Campus, no more boring History lectures with my girlfriend and best friend, no more grabbing Kiwiyo as a three. In a way it's horrid. They still will be going together, I'll be out.

Thanks Will get to you ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jero View Post
    Awesome book series, I just finished the latest book . How many have you read?

Your logs awesome, and you seemed to have started a sort of food picture craze here on MDA

I'm probably going to steal your protein coffee idea, it looks awesome.
    Cheers, and the one I just read was "The Affair". I've also read "Die Trying" and... crap, okay, forgot the names, but about three other ones. I goddamn love Reacher, seriously, gave my own character traits of him without even noticing. Then I read my old work. Not a single regret was felt that day - Reacher is a badass. Though I prefer the first person perspective to the third person, personally.

LOL at food pic craze. Yeah, I've noticed a few more people have started putting them up. Didn't think I caused it, so cannot and will not take credit. That said, there are some pretty tasty eats out there.

Enjoy the coffee - lemme know how it goes. But be sure to mix the shake and make the coffee separate, and let the coffee cool a bit, else it'll make horrid clumps.

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    Sweet, what part of Auckland are you from? We've had great weather down here recently, it's a pretty awesome city when the sun is shining.

Ha! Too true, I guess a little creepiness is acceptable across the board.. I'm going to Canterbury for Forestry Science. Not sure what to expect but it should be a great adventure.

Sucks to hear of your misfortune bro. No doubt you'll end up doing something you love, fingers crossed. Like you say, life is a bitch... and you're getting half price ice cream so it could be a lot worse. Sounds like you have a good realistic approach to such things, I like it
    I'm on the Shore, though I spend a fair bit of time in the city. I love the city. Big, noisy, dark, dirty, and depending on the time and place, dangerous. Love it. And as for our weather... You really cannot describe it. Literally. You'll be halfway through a sentence describing how sunny it is when it starts to piss down.

Forestry Science? What got you into that? Interesting choice.

Okay, dude, you made my day. The ice cream thing, mean. Lmfao.
    il_570xN.232579589.jpg
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

I'm on the Shore, though I spend a fair bit of time in the city. I love the city. Big, noisy, dark, dirty, and depending on the time and place, dangerous. Love it. And as for our weather... You really cannot describe it. Literally. You'll be halfway through a sentence describing how sunny it is when it starts to piss down.

Forestry Science? What got you into that? Interesting choice.

Okay, dude, you made my day. The ice cream thing, mean. Lmfao.
    Oh, cool Yeah I'm a city person too, although I would really like to have my own chickens / big vegetable garden eventually.
    Ha! That is NZ for ya, we have just been really lucky this year. Even had that drought last summer. Loved it

I just stumbled across Forestry using CareerQuest on some government careers website. Filled out my hobbies and interests and boom, there it was. I've done a ton of research and it sounds like the place for me!

Problem? Ice cream. Problem solved.

Oh, cool Yeah I'm a city person too, although I would really like to have my own chickens / big vegetable garden eventually.
    Ha! That is NZ for ya, we have just been really lucky this year. Even had that drought last summer. Loved it
    The city is goddamnn awesome. Can't beat the nightlife, IMO. Just get this electric feeling down my spine. Always feel so alive.

This year's been weird. I swear we had Summer all throughout this Winter - complete contrast to last year's weather in Winter, which was all doom, gloom and horrible bitter cold.

I just stumbled across Forestry using CareerQuest on some government careers website. Filled out my hobbies and interests and boom, there it was. I've done a ton of research and it sounds like the place for me!
    I tried a site like that once... not too pushed on them. IMHO a site can't say what you really want outta life.

Problem? Ice cream. Problem solved.
    OFT.

NUTRITION

Bacon and Eggs
    CmmolLr.jpg
    Three pieces of bacon, three eggs.

Protein pancakes.
    WniMKRH.jpg
    Holy mother of flipping potatoes, this was good. The pancake base recipe was 1 scoop protein powder, 2 eggs, tablespoon coconut flour, two tablespoons greek yoghurt. Fried in coconut oil... because we were out of butter. Still nice, butter would have given it better taste, methinks though.
    They were a bit dry, though, hence the ice cream. Topped it up with a scoop of french vanilla, 1/2 a cup blueberries, sliced strawberry and two sliced bananas.

Coffee? Obligatory.

Would I make these again? Maybe. They were great, bit dry and need ice cream, which is fine, but take a while to cook up and had a bit of clean up. So maybe but not often.

Plum
    (No pic, it's a goddamn plum)

Fish'n'chips
    wDd0TZh.jpg
    Baked salmon with a side potato wedges coated heavily in paprika, tumeric and salt with 1/2 a carton cottage cheese as a dip, drizzle of sweet-chilli sauce.

Ice cream and berries
    vf1yymu.jpg
    Three scoops vanilla ice cream on frozen blueberries and blackberries, topped with raisins and honey.

Macros
    P: 157g
    F: 116g
    C: 253g
    Total: 2629kcal.

Once again my girlfriend decided to - like right now - keep me on Viber talking to her, so it's very difficult to actually type up anything. So I guess I can't say much.

Tomorrow, in terms of gym, is Squat Day, so gonna be hitting my legs pretty hard.

Afterwards at around 3 I'm meeting with the girl to head into town to meet a friend, then we're heading into Uni for exam prep at 5:30. Might get Kiwiyo, might not. All I know is that I need to get all the info I can for these exams.

Quick run through of how tomorrow will work:
    Wake up, make coffee, drink coffee.
    Shower.
    Fry bacon, fry eggs in bacon, boil coffee.
    Consume the above whilst lurking on MDA/interwebz.
    Probably have some more coffee.
    Hit the gym for squats.
    Come home. Drink a protein shake to help reach protein goal for the day.
    Do writing - working on The Demon War and Mortals, Immortals and the Supernatural in particular as well as finishing off any incomplete character profiles.
    Maybe go for a swim.
    Get a ride in town, meet friend, go to Uni, etc.
    Come home, cook dinner.
    Eat said dinner. Nom.
    Sleep. Yay.

Wednesday I'm meeting up with an old friend who I enjoy making fun of for some bowling. And I suck at bowling, which is why it's fun - seriously, my sucking at bowling is legendary: I got a gutterball with the rails up one time. Don't ask how, I don't even know.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great night, and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'd say "peace!" but peace is boring, so:
    Give'em hell!

MFP Food Diary:

Pancake base recipe was 1 scoop protein powder, 2 eggs, tablespoon coconut flour, two tablespoons greek yoghurt. Fried in coconut oil... because we were out of butter. Still nice, butter would have given it better taste, methinks though.
    Wow this looks so good *.* Thank you for the recipe! I will use it, but I'll have to change coconut flour for almond one!

Baked salmon with a side potato wedges coated heavily in paprika, tumeric and salt with 1/2 a carton cottage cheese as a dip, drizzle of sweet-chilli sauce.
    You made me crave salmon : / I think I'll have some for supper today <3! Idea with cottage cheese as topping is great, it's a nice way to add more protein!

About writing.. I can't help you. But I prefer mortals, as you can add more drama and unexpected changes in plot. If someone can't die, everyone knows how the story will finish ; 3

I hope you will make all the stuff you've planned! GL with the squats! ; 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

I tried a site like that once... not too pushed on them. IMHO a site can't say what you really want outta life.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I didn't hold out much hope for all the tools there, but all I needed was a reminder that Forestry was an option. It wasn't until I had done heaps more investigation that I made my decision ofc

Holy moly bro. Today's food looks like the best yet I reckon... that is some impressive feasting! uuugh turning green with envy here

Sounds like a sweet day. Even bowling - if you are gonna suck at it, never take half measures, it's more fun that way right?

Pics. Give us piiiiiics.
    OK, this started out as a lame joke in my mind but then I thought 'Hey, if she's a PB fan maybe it's avaliable in the UK.' One google search later.. YES. I would highly recommend it Click here ---> http://uk.reallygood.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post

NUTRITION

Bacon and Eggs
    CmmolLr.jpg
    Three pieces of bacon, three eggs.

Protein pancakes.
    WniMKRH.jpg
    Holy mother of flipping potatoes, this was good. The pancake base recipe was 1 scoop protein powder, 2 eggs, tablespoon coconut flour, two tablespoons greek yoghurt. Fried in coconut oil... because we were out of butter. Still nice, butter would have given it better taste, methinks though.
    They were a bit dry, though, hence the ice cream. Topped it up with a scoop of french vanilla, 1/2 a cup blueberries, sliced strawberry and two sliced bananas.

Coffee? Obligatory.

Would I make these again? Maybe. They were great, bit dry and need ice cream, which is fine, but take a while to cook up and had a bit of clean up. So maybe but not often.

Plum
    (No pic, it's a goddamn plum)

Fish'n'chips
    wDd0TZh.jpg

Ice cream and berries
    vf1yymu.jpg
    Three scoops vanilla ice cream on frozen blueberries and blackberries, topped with raisins and honey.

Macros
    P: 157g
    F: 116g
    C: 253g
    Total: 2629kcal.
    its been a while since u had a "breakfast" I haven't had one in a while too
    That dinner looks amazing I'm craving salmon nw!! Also the ice cream. .. lucky u :P
    Once again my girlfriend decided to - like right now - keep me on Viber talking to her, so it's very difficult to actually type up anything. So I guess I can't say much.

Tomorrow, in terms of gym, is Squat Day, so gonna be hitting my legs pretty hard.

Afterwards at around 3 I'm meeting with the girl to head into town to meet a friend, then we're heading into Uni for exam prep at 5:30. Might get Kiwiyo, might not. All I know is that I need to get all the info I can for these exams.

Quick run through of how tomorrow will work:
    Wake up, make coffee, drink coffee.
    Shower.
    Fry bacon, fry eggs in bacon, boil coffee.
    Consume the above whilst lurking on MDA/interwebz.
    Probably have some more coffee.
    Hit the gym for squats.
    Come home. Drink a protein shake to help reach protein goal for the day.
    Do writing - working on The Demon War and Mortals, Immortals and the Supernatural in particular as well as finishing off any incomplete character profiles.
    Maybe go for a swim.
    Get a ride in town, meet friend, go to Uni, etc.
    Come home, cook dinner.
    Eat said dinner. Nom.
    Sleep. Yay.
    I just did my own squat day and ut is awesome l ike seriously nothing beats squats/deads/bench in making u feel beast .... so beast it man
    Wednesday I'm meeting up with an old friend who I enjoy making fun of for some bowling. And I suck at bowling, which is why it's fun - seriously, my sucking at bowling is legendary: I got a gutterball with the rails up one time. Don't ask how, I don't even know.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great night, and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'd say "peace!" but peace is boring, so:
    Give'em hell!
    Hahaha wow I can't imagine how that happened bt that's hilarious, I love bowling bt its quite expensive in egypt so nt a lot if it I'm yet to find an ally in canada

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by egyption grok; 11-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Okay, now I guess I update. While I was typing up my last reply, I thougt I'd type a nice, long explaination, but then I figured "Screw it, I don't wanna linger on this".

Long story short.
    I failed my Practicum assessment.
    I was supposed to be reassessed on November the 4th, but I was called in due to the "relationship being broken" and pulled me out of the school. Didn't give me a chance to say goodbye to the kids, either, and they were so well behaved that day. So pretty much they gave up on me and couldn't be bothered waiting. I'm really fucking angry they dragged it out for another week so I had to suffer the stress and have the hope I could still pass just to have them fail me right in the middle of a lesson plan I had prepped a few days beforehand.

Ugh.

What am I gonna do now? Sit my exams. I'm no quitter, never have been, never will be. I pushed through every day of that Practicum right up until the day I was deemed not good enough. But I didn't quit. I'm gonna sit my exams, get my credits and then probably transfer to a degree of Sports and Recreation next year - Fitness/Nutrition/Impacts on media/etc - which I think'll work for me, because I have a passion for this kind of thing. I plan on, one day, being a PT.
    Need a job, too. Maybe at the YMCA, maybe at McDonalds. The latter actually sounds really appealing.
    Wait wtf they just cancelled ur assessment the day before it?? That is so BS bt therefore u did nt fail . Bt hw can u nt become a teacher I dnt get it. Like if u fail only one assessment then u have to change careers ?? Bt ya I would also love to work in the fitness/nutrition industry my bf is, he is a PT ...bt I'm planning on physical therapy idk bec I'm into it idk bt who knows one could become intrested in something new all of a sudden, I am intrested in forensic anthropology bt firstly it needs 13 years to become a forensic anthroplogis with value :/ and secondly there isn't forensic anthropology work in egypt :/ so ya physical therapy it is
    *rant over* :P
    But what have I been doing in recent days?
    Relaxing. Working. Enjoying company of those around me. Had my girlfriend visit me in town on Friday, we grabbed some Kiwiyo - the owners now think of us as regulars and let us choose our own flavour for the $5 tub, so $20+ worth of ice cream for $10 - and watched the movie About Time then grabbed a GF burger before spending the night at hers. Spent most of Saturday getting to know her father's side of the family, who decided (kinda) they'll have me around next Friday for dinner. Yesterday we just lay on a chair at my place reading, it was nice.

Ugh, well, life is a bitch sometimes and throws us a curve ball. In, fact, most of the time life is a bitch. Then you die. Lovely. But there is no way in hell I consider this year to be a waste. Ever. Anyone who says that is an idiot. I met one of the best friends I ever had, had some amazing and exciting experiences and somehow managed to get the most gorgeous girl in the bloody world to be my girlfriend. Go figure, I'm not doing so bad.
    Glad ur having fun and enjoying ur close ones , also y r u nt going to be seeing ur girl as often nw? And ws she in practicum too?
    I've decided as of today to get back on track with things. Nutrition tracking, lifting, posting here, etc.

Right now I'm just sitting here, typing away with my black coffee, in my batman shirt, ready to hit the gym in a few. Bench Day today, and I decided to use 5/3/1 as a baseline. Also set new goals in terms of strength and fitness.

So, I'm back, is what I'm saying. Lifting results will be posted later, as will macros, and I think I'll actually use this as a Journal, too. As of so far I've pretty much been saying "Gym was like this, I ate this, and I did a bit of this. It was good". Nah, now I'm gonna do a bit more reflecting. Talk about my day. Make fun of more people. What dafuq not?

Anyway. Til I get back, have a great day, everyone. To my usual circle of chatters, I'll get back into your threads ASAP, and sorry for my inactivity.
    Catch you later.
    God we've missed u here , glad ur back and enthusiastic as ever !!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shop Now
    I solemnly promise I will reply to all comments above this one in the morning.
    Vibering my girlfriend again, and it gets really late - get too busy arguing about the stupidest things and it tires me out. It's always this "goodnight thing" I did a few times in the past I regret; basically is me saying goodnight and all kinds of goodnighty things. I kinda regret doing it because now she won't stop asking me to do it, lol.

TRAINING - SQUAT DAY

Squat
    10xBar/40
    5x50/55/62.5
    67.5x5/5/5/5/5
    50x10/10/10/10/10

Leg Curl
    4x10xWeight6

Leg Extension
    4x10xWeight10

Crunch
    1x15

Notes
    • Holy crap, those high-rep squats really took it out of me. Struggled to walk out of the gym, and felt kinda sick. Hence the lack of core work.

NUTRITION

Fry up.
    L0TzKbE.jpg
    Two bacon strips, three eggs and a small potato topped with cottage cheese. Obligatory three mugs of coffee.

Post-Workout Cinnamon thickshake
    AuieoMV.jpg
    One frozen banana, 1 scoop whey protein, a cup of milk and a dash of cinammon. Like drinking a thickshake... well, kinda was a thickshake. It was thick, and it was a shake. Go figure.

Baked potatoes
    ZQ6J7Lf.jpg
    Topped with cottage cheese and sweet chilli sauce.

Marshmallow Kiwiyo
    osqvTDf.jpg
    Marshmallow flavoured ice cream? You're goddamn right I will.

Chicken and veggies
    xL5mpra.jpg
    To hit my macros and micros for the day, as well as to be a late dinner and dessert, we have a baked cajun chicken breast, brocolli, asparagus, carrots and a kumara stuffed with blueberries, almond butter and honey. I love kumara, oh yes, I do.

Macros:
    P: 166g
    F: 64g
    C: 379g
    Total: 2671kcal

Solid day, all in all. Will give more detail tomorrow, but long story short: went into Uni for exam stuff, felt nostalgic, talked to old friends, but asides from that, all the stuff was posted online and pretty much read off the slides, ie waste of time.

Anyway. Goodnight everyone! Have a great evening! See you in the morn!

MFP Food Diary: