Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang page 12

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    Yup there r those kids thay will always drive u crazy, I have living examples at home : p Im happy ur having a good time and ur enjoying urself to the max : D
    Cheers And yeah, kids can be that way. I just have to get the friend/authorative figure bond done right.

OMG ur food is literally making me drool !! : p
    The bacon wedges and the berries with FLUFF!! : D
    Fluff = <3
    And bacon, well, obviously equal bacon, to which there is no greater power.

Way to go on those lifts , keep going ; )
    And damn I know those jackasses bt also sometimes while im working out I find someone doing something wrong like nt going deep enough in benches and squats so I tell them or if they are suddenly releasing in there eccentric movement and that could cause them a sprain so I tell them just for their own good u know and probably when he took off all the weight from u he probably didnt realize it and was just helping , once my sister was spotting me and it was her first time so she literally carried all the weight : p I got so pissed bt then I realized she ws just helpin
    p
    I get you.

But this guy was just going around, throwing out advice to everyone. Pretty much "hey, look at me! I can lift, too!". There's nothing more annoying than feeling cheated out of a set at the gym. Am I strong enough to do reps of 70, or was that just him helping? Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    UGHHH. Nothing I can't stand more than people who comment on your eating habits. Like, no one cares about my salads anymore: at first, they looked upon it like it was an extraterrestrial. Kinda scary how many 14-15 year olds don't know what a radish is, or what asparagus is o.O
    Dafuq? Asparagus is amazing though.

And yea, teachers are like the nobles of food judgement.

I love how you love your job!

Wait, you have told me this before, but I've forgotten because I'm stupid: you're still at uni, aren't you? And this is like a few month sorta deal?

Also, yes, teachers playing any sort of sport is usually quite funny.
    And I love how you love that I love my job!

Yeah. This is my first year of Uni and I have a five week Practicum working in a school (will be assessed this coming Thursday) - I had one week before break two weeks ago, now just finished my second week, so three weeks to go. Then back at Uni for one week of exams.
    Then it be done for the year.

It really is. Watch the teachers become students to a younger (couple years older than me) volleyball coach. God damn, I really wish I took up sport growing up. Seriously, my biggest regret. If I'm not infertile, my kids will damn well be joining a sport of some kind. It's seriously one of my greatest regrets.

Omg Omg I think I died. And went to food heaven.
    Nachos <3 Haven't had it in so long, love it so much.

Earlier this year I was pretty much eating it every night

: D I want Shadowknight as my teacher. Even though he is only like 3 and a half years older than me. Still. None of my class have made any sort of real progress in English this year. I reckon I could've gotten so much better, had I been left to develop my writing style. But nope. A good teacher is everything, and the kids are lucky to have you.
    D'aw How sweet of you.

I totally get you. It's one of my key motivations to be a teacher. I too had a crappy one in the past for statistics. The result? I failed that class. I strive to never be that teacher and to always ensure kids and students get a quality education.

want to help anyone...more like "look at how helpful and good at weights I am!" if this wasn't the case, then maybe he was trying to help, but in a really, really bad way.

That being said, most gym peeps are cool. Like that lady.
    Trying to help? Nope,. You hit it right on the head on the bolded text. Guy goes around giving everyone advice. On barbells. Dumbells. Machines. Everything.

Now I'm not usually the kind of guy to say this, so forgive my lapse of character. But while this indivividual was fairly in shape and obviously strong (kinda, was "deadlifting" or something with a 50kg/100lb dumbell ), he didn't exactly have an outstanding physique, nor was he particularly big. It's difficult to take advice off someone like that, which I know is biased an unfair, but that combined with spouting bro-science and being a jackass and angry Shadowknight makes.

Wow. I feel bitter.

Good on you! I'd say they're a bit young to be telling them about anti-nutrients and Phytic Acid and calcium magnesium and copper and HDL and LDL and all that jazz ; ) but yeah, kids need the calories, even though they're bad. (actually, maybe not entirely. I'm sure they'll grow up fine: most people do, I guess.)
    You're damn right they're too young!

What am I supposed to say? "Your sandwich is unhealthy, your parents hate you for giving it to you, throw it away immediately and don't let me catch you with one again!". Even if I wanted to, there's little I could do to educate kids of nutrition to to their parents power. Most kids worship their parents, so I can never say "Your mum's wrong, fats aren't bad" or "Sandwiches are bad" (not that they are, but yeah) without risking a crapton of trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to educate kids a bit on nutrition. How fats, particularly saturated fats aren't evil. How you can eat foods like McDonalds and Burger King in moderation but mostly eating fruits, vegetables and meat. I'd educate them mainly on how food is good and not on what food to cut out/restrict. I think I'd be the first as far as I'm aware. Most lectures on that show a plate and what you should be eating" on it.

Yes, salads are your friend, like EG said :P take a huge container, and meat/veg and colourful veg and fruit. Or, you could bring in stirfry? Beef and rice? Or hell, cold rice and chicken? Chicken drumsticks and diced peppers? Fruit, yoghurt and nuts?
    I like the ideas of meat and potatoes/rice... but salad? Not a fan. :/ Too... grassy for me

Fruit and yoghurt sounds great! Maybe fruit and CC! Cheers!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I had breakfast for the first time in who knows how long. Inspired by the CC King himself, who gave me the amazing idea of slicing bananas.
    Omg this looks pretty cool

A whole tub of the stuff. Got it after saying farewell to the girl and my friend. Verdict? Well, I love cinnamon so HNNNNNNG
    One of the best products that are not avaible to buy here. God why.. : /

Because I love bro meals.
    (But srsly, salmon is delicious)
    One of best looking salmons I've seen in ages... I didn't have any rice for such a long time.. Did you pan fry your fish or baked in the oven : )?

19/10/2013

Got a busy day today.

Got, like, 10-15 lesson plans to et up, so just gonna reply to some messages, kill it in the gym and get home to drawl my way through them.
    Fortunately, I'm a nerd and a fantasist, so I'll be able to do them pretending I'm doing something else

Hope everyone has a great day! And thanks for reading!
    Good luck Shady ! Have a great day ; 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

TRAINING - DEADLIFT DAY

Deadlift
    10x65
    5x75/90
    115x2
    110x1
    100x3
    90x5/5/5

Squat
    40x8/8/8
    50x8
    60x5
    62.5x5/5
    65x5/5/5

Leg Curl
    Weight 6 x10/10/10/10

Leg Extension
    Weight 10x 10/10
    Weight 11x 10/10

Weighted Crunch
    1.25kg x17/11/10/10

Hanging Leg Raise
    +1kgx15/15/15

Notes
    • Deadliftss felt icky. Had a headache and form was sub-par. :/
    • Squats were great! Got help from one of the trainers - first guy who ever showed me around the gym and a real awesome dude - who pointed out how good my squats were. Also offered me a place ina new powerlifting training group he;s starting because I have 'potential'!
    • Due to the help of the previously mentioned trainer, I now have some squat vids to upload on Youtube!. Just waiting for him to email me.

Oh... again, on squats. It's safe to assumne gains have been made:
    AKjJHzu.jpg
    Happened on the last set and made me change lying leg raises to hanging knee raises, for obvious reasons. lol

Currently eating PWO salmon sushi and gelatin-green tea with lemon
    NOeegid.jpg

Then I'm gonna reply to other threads - namely ebrady's, whom I haven't been on in a bit - and get on with the lesson plans!

Will post macros and stuff later tonight - hope everyone has a great day til then!

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I had breakfast for the first time in who knows how long. Inspired by the CC King himself, who gave me the amazing idea of slicing bananas.
    Rights, I'm making this ASAP. Everyone is tempting me with their CC + Fruit ways ;D

I've always hated eating in general.
    ?

Salmon on medium-grain rice with veggies
    If that;s a bro meal, i am willing to convert to the bro way of life. ;D

Fluff = <3
    And bacon, well, obviously equal bacon, to which there is no greater power.
    Bacon fluff.

Dafuq? Asparagus is amazing though.

And yea, teachers are like the nobles of food judgement.
    I was slightly unnerved that they were unaware of the greatest green vegetable known to man.
    My favourite part is when the overweight PE teacher tells the kids to eat more sugar, like biscuits and cakes and juice. Srsly.

And I love how you love that I love my job!

Yeah. This is my first year of Uni and I have a five week Practicum working in a school (will be assessed this coming Thursday) - I had one week before break two weeks ago, now just finished my second week, so three weeks to go. Then back at Uni for one week of exams.
    Then it be done for the year.
    ;D

Ahh, lucky you sir. Your assessment will be amazing; you'll ace your exams; then the holidays! Woop!

It really is. Watch the teachers become students to a younger (couple years older than me) volleyball coach. God damn, I really wish I took up sport growing up. Seriously, my biggest regret. If I'm not infertile, my kids will damn well be joining a sport of some kind. It's seriously one of my greatest regrets.
    This makes me want to go back to cycling. Damn.

But yeah, if I change my mind about kids (I don't know if I want them you see - yeah I know Im only 15) they'll be trying out sports

D'aw :o How sweet of you.

I totally get you. It's one of my key motivations to be a teacher. I too had a crappy one in the past for statistics. The result? I failed that class. I strive to never be that teacher and to always ensure kids and students get a quality education.
    :3

I appreciate teachers have a really hard job and all, but it just pisses me off when they don't even seem bothered about the class. I've only had a few of these, mind: some other bad teachers I've had just don't teach effectively

Trying to help? Nope,. You hit it right on the head on the bolded text. Guy goes around giving everyone advice. On barbells. Dumbells. Machines. Everything.

Now I'm not usually the kind of guy to say this, so forgive my lapse of character. But while this indivividual was fairly in shape and obviously strong (kinda, was "deadlifting" or something with a 50kg/100lb dumbell :confused:), he didn't exactly have an outstanding physique, nor was he particularly big. It's difficult to take advice off someone like that, which I know is biased an unfair, but that combined with spouting bro-science and being a jackass and angry Shadowknight makes.

Wow. I feel bitter.
    I remember when you were all "oh yeah, i'm a dick quite a lot of the time" like hell :P

But it is fair in that way. To use an analogy, I'd hate it if some guy were going round giving advice on how to "do drop-offs" (in MTB lol) and even forcing me to change my line, when he wasn't all that adept himself, and I was doing fine. (that rhymed. And that) you're just judging him based off his gym-related skills, not off anything else :P

You're damn right they're too young!

What am I supposed to say? "Your sandwich is unhealthy, your parents hate you for giving it to you, throw it away immediately and don't let me catch you with one again!". Even if I wanted to, there's little I could do to educate kids of nutrition to to their parents power. Most kids worship their parents, so I can never say "Your mum's wrong, fats aren't bad" or "Sandwiches are bad" (not that they are, but yeah) without risking a crapton of trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to educate kids a bit on nutrition. How fats, particularly saturated fats aren't evil. How you can eat foods like McDonalds and Burger King in moderation but mostly eating fruits, vegetables and meat. I'd educate them mainly on how food is good and not on what food to cut out/restrict. I think I'd be the first as far as I'm aware. Most lectures on that show a plate and what you should be eating" on it.
    Bolded part lolz.

Anyway, primary school is way to young, I agree. I suppose when you get your teaching job, you could maybe do an assembly? Just on the basics, nothing too radical: fruits and veg, full-fat yoghurt (because it has more nutrition and is better for you) plenty of protein? Like you said, how meats, fruits and veg will always win but you can still go to McDonalds?

I'd like to do something like that in my school...everyone knows me as veryyyy opinionated (but I think my opinions are fair and objective). I always start debates in my friendship group and my friends are all like "Do you have to analyse everything?! Can you not just accept some things!?" (answer: no.)

I like the ideas of meat and potatoes/rice... but salad? Not a fan. :/ Too... grassy for me :p

Fruit and yoghurt sounds great! Maybe fruit and CC! Cheers! :)
    Poor salad ;D maybe you just need a lush dressing :P

no bother, have a good day!

[*]Deadliftss felt icky. Had a headache and form was sub-par. :/[*] Squats were great! Got help from one of the trainers - first guy who ever showed me around the gym and a real awesome dude - who pointed out how good my squats were. Also offered me a place ina new powerlifting training group he;s starting because I have 'potential'! :D [*] Due to the help of the previously mentioned trainer, I now have some squat vids to upload on Youtube!. Just waiting for him to email me.[/LIST]
    Wait...does this now mean...your squat is bigger than your bench?!

Are you gonna accept his offer?! Go for it! :D

Oh... again, on squats. It's safe to assumne gains have been made
    :')

Then I'm gonna reply to other threads - namely ebrady's, whom I haven't been on in a bit - and get on with the lesson plans!

Will post macros and stuff later tonight - hope everyone has a great day til then! :)
    Come back to meeeee.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Way to go on the squats !!
    Btw r u following a certain program?
    And OMG that sushi looks amazing !! :3 do u use smoked salmon or baked salmon?
    And u should totally join that group it sounds like fun
    And omg I broke down when I saw ur shorts !! That happened once to my pants bt it was in the worst timing ! I was in a crossfit open and we were doing deap squats and all of a sudden I hear this HUGE tear Nd everyone looks my way and im standing there all panicky thinking if I should stop bt I kept going although the squats became a weird mess and some were nt counted !! Bt thank god I still got first that day , although it was one of the worst experiences in my life

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Really busy and high on coffee right now so quickly yesterday's macros. Will reply to others and post again later:

Yesterday's Nutrition

Protein Coffee
    Usual, pic above.

Salmon sushi
    Again, pic above.

Chocolate sundae
    nMG8v5e.jpg
    McDonalds version. Didn't plan on this but the parents bought us all one. I'm not complaining

Berries
    urtDUiO.jpg
    Blueberries and Strawberries

Apple and a Pear
    (No pic)
    Guess I was feeling snacky?

Steak and taters
    UXBuoe1.jpg
    Sirloin beef steak fried in onions and mushrooms, along with fried asparagus, potatoes and topped with feta cheese.

Vanilla spider
    6ghACK2.jpg
    500ml coke and two scoops vanilla ice cream.
    Macros
    P: 164g
    F: 79g
    C: 354g
    Total: 2659kcal

As for now? All I've consumed is pretty much dairy, fruit, cocoa powder and gelatin. Have been mixing whey and milk (500ml total so far) with my coffee (lost count of how many mugs) and just ate a bowl of CC and mixed fruit as my first solid meals.

Feeling crazy as fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark right now from the amount of caffiene and ridiculously energised. You know that feel when you want to type tons of crazy stuff just to prove how nuts you feel? jehfiwbnfhjwfbgwnxo43rpotatobacondfwgfegv erghuet betqgu

^Like so? That's me. Ramblenutsocrazinesspants.

Now to return to writing lesson plans. The girl's coming in an hour and ten minutes to do some work and go for a swim.

MFP Food Diary:

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Steak and taters. You'd make a canny Englishman.

Have fun on your coffee-fuelled day ;D

Rights, I'm making this ASAP. Everyone is tempting me with their CC + Fruit ways ;D
    CC + fruit = Bause.

?
    Eh, always been a problem of mine.

I just don't like the thought of it, really. Chewing, swallowing, digesting, etc - especially in public. When I complain about the staff room and judgement I do so because it genuinely bothers me and has plagued me my entire life. Explains why I was so weedy I guess, among other reasons (most notably not eating enough).
    Except for when it's funny to eat lots of food in front of dieters. Sound mean? Well, it kinda is, but it's also undeniably satisfying to eat a crapton of potatoes and eggs in front of someone poorly educated on nutrition munching on a plate of salad.

If that;s a bro meal, i am willing to convert to the bro way of life.
    It was mostly bro. Salmon, veggies but - oh noez - I used white rice and not brown rice and it wasn't post workout! Goodbye gainz :'(

But srsly. Salmon = sexiest fish ever.
    Don't get that mage in your head, btw, it'll never leave.

Bacon fluff.
    You are a goddamn genius.

I was slightly unnerved that they were unaware of the greatest green vegetable known to man.
    My favourite part is when the overweight PE teacher tells the kids to eat more sugar, like biscuits and cakes and juice. Srsly.
    Asparagus = green veg from heaven. Can't beat it. On a side note, why do people say it makes your urine smell like asparagus? The smell is nothing like asparagus. I guess what they mean is that asparagus gives a distinct smell that only asparagus will give to your piss, but otherwise it smells nothing alike.

Never heard a P.E coach say anything about biscuits or cake, but yes to the juice. And milk, RE, Rippetoe.

This makes me want to go back to cycling. Damn.

But yeah, if I change my mind about kids (I don't know if I want them you see - yeah I know Im only 15) they'll be trying out sports
    Yeah, same with me and running. There's a fun run and a "colour run" coming and my girlfriend wants to do the latter especially - thinking of going for it. Why? The goddamn competition and thrill, that's why.

Sports would undoubtedly set a great foundation for kids in terms of health in the long run. Funnily enough, it terms of vanity, you'll notice those with the most realistic aesthetically appealing physiques (ie, that are actually attractive and not just magazine style) are athletes, or at the very least compete in sport. Seriously. Volleyball dude, around 20-23 from England came into our school to teach volleyball to the teachers. Result? All teh womenz wanted the dude. I don't think the guy was a poacher, but this was cougar city, regardless.

I appreciate teachers have a really hard job and all, but it just pisses me off when they don't even seem bothered about the class. I've only had a few of these, mind: some other bad teachers I've had just don't teach effectively
    Bad teachers piss me off so bloody much. You guys have one job. One, Goddamn job. If you put a child off achieving their dreams, getting the career they want and the best they can out of life you're a piece of shit. If it is your job to do the opposite, and if you have influential power over these children second ONLY to their parents and you do these things then you should just die. Totally unacceptable.

Sorry. Passionate about this.

I remember when you were all "oh yeah, i'm a dick quite a lot of the time" like hell :P

But it is fair in that way. To use an analogy, I'd hate it if some guy were going round giving advice on how to "do drop-offs" (in MTB lol) and even forcing me to change my line, when he wasn't all that adept himself, and I was doing fine. (that rhymed. And that) you're just judging him based off his gym-related skills, not off anything else :P
    Nope, still am a dick. Just a different kind.

I'll never judge people on their god-given physical or mental state. It's not fair. If someone's not attractive by definitive standards, has a deformation or hormonal issue, or even some kind of mental problem I would never say anything bad against them. That's just downright unfair.

If someone is carrying significant amounts of body-fat, unfit and out of shape, sure, I may give them a bit of trouble, but that doesn't mean anything. Truth be told - as with the previous group, I really don't care about them. It's nothing to me.

But if someone makes a conscious choice to be irritating, intolerable, stupid or lazy, then I'll call them out on it. Without question, every time, I will make fun of them. Relentlessly, somewhat unfairly. I have many people IRL who hate me... I even has a friend who I treat this way (not sure why) who stole my DP pose recently who can testify to it.

So, in short, when it comes to being a dick, the thing people ho deal with me come to realise is that I'm not being a dick for the sake of being a dick: I'm being a dick towards them because I quite literally find them the stupidest, most embarrassing thing in the room.

Bolded part lolz.

Anyway, primary school is way to young, I agree. I suppose when you get your teaching job, you could maybe do an assembly? Just on the basics, nothing too radical: fruits and veg, full-fat yoghurt (because it has more nutrition and is better for you) plenty of protein? Like you said, how meats, fruits and veg will always win but you can still go to McDonalds?

I'd like to do something like that in my school...everyone knows me as veryyyy opinionated (but I think my opinions are fair and objective). I always start debates in my friendship group and my friends are all like "Do you have to analyse everything?! Can you not just accept some things!?" (answer: no.)

IMO it'd be wasted on the kids. Most of the time, all they want to do is play, play play!

Of course: this is the educationally retarded part of me talking; in truth, the teacher side of me is telling me those kids ae sucking up every word we as teachers are saying, both good or bad. Odds are, you probably remember a teacher back in Primary - even a substitue teacher -saying or doing something, Think back; it's probably there, whether it was punishment, or advice, or whatever. It's kind of a scary thought to sit around these kids and realise that they are not just a job or a project, nor are they just cute little cheeky creatures, but one day they will be jackass, fully-grown adults like me and quite possibly in a similar situation to mine.

So, if anything, I'd just give them - as you said - basics. Whole foods, plenty of protein, keep treats primarily in moderation. No "low fat", no "low carb" or "dieting", just foods that are nutritious and that they enjoy.

You and I are eerily alike.

I did that all throughout high school. I was quite well-known (and disliked by a good few) for it. I considered getting a job as a movie critic - inspirations being Roger Ebert and RedLetterMedia (re, Harry S. Plinkett - Star Wars Prequel reviews! ;D).

In my opinion, why should we not analyse everything? Analyse everything and you get every angle. A situation is never a square, but a cube; multiple ways of approaching and a broad area within. Only the naive and the lazy refuse to analyse.

Poor salad ;D maybe you just need a lush dressing :P
    Bacon fluff. [/QUOTE]
    ^

Wait...does this now mean...your squat is bigger than your bench?!

Are you gonna accept his offer?! Go for it! : D
    Yes.

AND YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'M GOING TO! Been looking for one of these for ages :P Seriously excited. I can see myself in a powerlifting comp, given time and practice.

:')

Come back to meeeee.
    Done did! :P

Way to go on the squats !! ; )
    Btw r u following a certain program?
    And OMG that sushi looks amazing !! :3 do u use smoked salmon or baked salmon?
    And u should totally join that group it sounds like fun : )
    And omg I broke down when I saw ur shorts !! That happened once to my pants bt it was in the worst timing ! I was in a crossfit open and we were doing deap squats and all of a sudden I hear this HUGE tear Nd everyone looks my way and im standing there all panicky thinking if I should stop bt I kept going although the squats became a weird mess and some were nt counted !! Bt thank god I still got first that day , although it was one of the worst experiences in my life

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Basically doing an upper/lower split with one upper day more focused on bench, the other on OHP. Same with squats/deads.

Baked salmon - leftovers

I love gym stories

MFP Food Diary:

^Was meant to be posted last night but rushed for time - like, seriously rushed right now: here are yesterdays macros

NUTRITION

Lots of gelatin, cocoa, milk and whey in coffee:
    zo5cVIS.jpg
    5rbJMvi.jpg

Garlic fried shrimp, asparagus and onions, fried potatoes and kumara with butter and cinnamon.
    CQXogoN.jpg

Kumara stuffed with blueberries and marshmallows topped with cocoa/gelatin sauce:
    CXIAAwM.jpg
    Alot nicer than it looked - dessert sweet potatoes are amazing.

Macros:
    WpcyIcZ.jpg

Sorry for not being as active and posting on here and other threads but just so busy of late! Next week - well, after this Thursday (my assessment) I should be more into it.

Thanks for following and have a great day!

MFP Food Diary:

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I can understand your situation pretty well school is one of most important things - it's simply about future Your Foods look great again - especially the dessert with sweet potatoes and your lifts.. YOU ROCK Best wishes <3

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast