Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang page 11

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The shrimp was like, crunchy proteiny chips of foodgasmic proportion, the mussels I could feel were instantaneously fueling my muscles (jokes were made, I assure you, not a single pun was spared) and that steak... my God that steak!
    Have you ever tried pork belly? That gelatinous cut of juicy delicious fat running through it? That was in my steak. It was, in the words of my girlfriend, amazeball
    I love shrimp too! But my parents can't stand the smell of fresh ones.. So you know.. I can't have them too often tbh : ) Ofc I have tried pork belly! I sometimes bake it in the oven.. Last time I had it in June I think.. Long time ago : (

In terms of the powder... I hope you made a typo... if not, that is the worst protein powder I have ever seen in my life. 100g = 26g of protein?! WHAT? That's, like, chicken breast or pork loin macros, not powder! You'd expect that from 30g or one scoop of protein, but for 100g? That's a crazy price, I'd recommend another brand.
    ...Unless it was a typo
    Ooops. 26g per once serving (30g) Excuse me!

Of peace. GY, blueberries, cinammon banana and honey. I kinda like GY... kinda.
    Looks PRETTY SWEET Good idea ; 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Yes, pasta. Do I like pasta? Not really. Was this Primal? Not really (though, it was just made with rice flour, ice, pretty much just white rice in funny shapes... just not the nice consistency and more expensive), so why did I eat it?
    It's Wednesday tomorrow and the girl's coming for dinner, and adores spaghetti, so we're having GF spaghetti bolognaise, so I sampled some pasta to see if it was okay to eat - a lot of GF products are plain vile. This one was just plain plain. So... meh, it'll do.'
    The salmon was delicious, though. And there were veggies in it, because I'm a healthy mofo. (Yes, that it is also an entire 250g of pasta, because I hate to half-arse things :p)
    This sounds weird, but I used to be a huge fan of plain pasta. I seriously used to cook up a batch and eat it, piece by piece (or shape by shape, depending on the pasta :p) while doing homework or watching a movie or something. Can't tell you why. I mean, it's got practically no taste. Maybe I was just addicted to what or something.

Anyway, thank god gluten-free pasta tastes better than gluten-free bread! *projectile vomits*

Poverty dessert sludge
    I lol'd.

Looks nice, though! (GY? Am I supposed to know what this means? :/)

What is that supposed to imply? Gurlfraaaand. :p
    Oh ssssstop!

YOT19O - You Only Turn 19 Once. Sociology? I point and laugh at sociologists which baffles them more than you could believe, thus furthering their education.
    Shhh, if you listen closely, you can hear the furious scribbling of pens in your vicinity...(Don't give me away. They don't know that I know, y'know.)

Any normal day: "Does this food fit my macros?"

Birthday/Christmas "What in dafuq is a macro?" :D
    Christmas = I am pregnant with food twins. I blame my grandma's cooking. Oh, and all the chocolate I recieve that day can't help ;)

Anyway, hope everyone has a great night! :) I'll talk in the morning just before school, maybe even mention the past two school days and two workouts I did. (Have just been posting the eats of late as hardest part to stick with)
    Have a gud'n :)

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    I just finished reading ur journal and I know I'm late but
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! !!
    it sounds like it was amazing and OMG I can believe u ate 3 sundaes !?!
    Nt macros or anything bt how did u stomach it
    Bt GOD that dinner looks amazing and I love ur journal looking forward to reading more

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    ...Well, I'm sick of just posting my macros and saying "I'll post more later". Screw that. It's 11:30pm, but I'll post a bit now.

Past few days have been pretty great, getting back into the swing of things in practicum. I love working with the kids, and they love me - same mental age, right.
    Downsides of the work?
    The staffroom:
    • Really boring, teachers seem to associate in their own little groups. Like kids, I guess. The three of us student teachers just awkwardlysit at a centre table and eat our lunch, occasionally being talked to, but even then, it just feels unnatural. Not to mention. everyone is so damn judgemental of food. My sushi? Comments daily. Annoying as hell. That said, teachers seem to eat plate upon plate of salad. Salasaladsaladsalad, grassgrassgrassgrassgrasscarrot. It's crazy.

That's about it, really.
    Past couple of days I've been more active in the class. I've started taking the morning role and have perfected the art of not mispronouncing names, which I know is really annoying to the kids. I've even started reading to them after lunch - so far a book on snake-shaped-cakes and old ladies eating bugs, tomorrow I plan on doing one about a turkey being tricked into eating sheep poop. I love my job.

I also have my first lesson plan tomorrow! Reading a book and predicting what will happen next every couple pages. Wish me luck!

We also are introducing volleyball to the school. So our Monday staff meeting was, well, volleyball. Have you ever seen teachers play volleyball? No? You're missing out on outrageous comedy.

Today is Wednesday, so my girlfriend came around for dinner We decided she'd leave at 8... but yeah, at 10:30pm we parted ways

Now, teh macros of peace and justice.

NUTRITION:

Protein and BP/Gelatin coffee.
    JSDl9QG.jpg
    Same as always. Protein powder with milk (whole) and coconut oil/gelatin coffee.

Salmon sushi
    kFxgupR.jpg
    Yesterday leftovers. Best sushi yet, this is half of it - I split it 50/50 for morning tea and lunch. Had at morning tea (this one) with a black tea, because the other alternatives are tea with skim or trim milk. Bleh.

Gelatin
    (No pic)
    Just sweet gelatin for when I got home.

NACHOS!
    IeBV8bO.jpg
    The girl came around and we were gonna have gluten-free spaghetti... but I had too much pasta yesterday, and on the way home I chatted to one of the boys in my class and he was picking up sour cream from the dairy for nachos. Turns out it's his favourite meal, too... pretty much set my mind on it. Was out of kumara, so served on red potatoes - consensus? Still awesome. Topped with CC.
    DZGXgcr.jpg
    She still had hers with spaghetti. She loves the stuff :P

Stuffed Baked apple and ice cream
    OrBvsTf.jpg
    Baked granny smith stuffed with dates, orange peel and two scoops French vanilla.

Macros
    P: 180g
    F: 103g
    C: 282g
    Total: 2752kcal

I didn't log the cottage cheese or the GF molasse liquorice, since I'm finishing that tomorrow, so I logged it then. Why bother, amirite?
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I love shrimp too! But my parents can't stand the smell of fresh ones.. So you know.. I can't have them too often tbh : ) Ofc I have tried pork belly! I sometimes bake it in the oven.. Last time I had it in June I think.. Long time ago : (
    Really? Pity, that - ah well, their loss. Have you tried buying them frozen?

Since my parents had some last week, I hadn't had pork belly in over a year... tragedy

Ooops. 26g per once serving (30g) : D Excuse me!
    LOL. I hoped so

In that case, yes, it seems like an excellent protein powder. What are the ingredients?

Looks PRETTY SWEET : D Good idea ; 3
    Pssh. Nothing compared to this:
    Attachment 13841

Srsly. You'e the CC sludge king around here

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    This sounds weird, but I used to be a huge fan of plain pasta. I seriously used to cook up a batch and eat it, piece by piece (or shape by shape, depending on the pasta ) while doing homework or watching a movie or something. Can't tell you why. I mean, it's got practically no taste.
    That is seriously weird, but I kinda get it, It's like how I don't mind the taste of plain rice or potatoes/chips. IMO it's the starch we're craving that makes us just nibble away despite the blandness.

I know the feel, too. Used to eat pretty much 1/2 a box of weetbix a day back before coeliacs :P

Maybe I was just addicted to what or something.
    Personally, I find I have an insatiable appetite for 'that's'.

I lol'd.

Looks nice, though! (GY? Am I supposed to know what this means? :/)
    Whoops.

Sorry. GY = Greek Yoghurt. A bit like how CC = Cottage Cheese and PB can be Primal Blueprint or Peanut Butter, depending on where you are. Primal Blueprint Journals? PB & J you, say?!

Oh ssssstop!
    Honey I'm fabulouth.

Christmas = I am pregnant with food twins. I blame my grandma's cooking. Oh, and all the chocolate I recieve that day can't help ; )
    And be proud of it Too many people actually worry about Christmas and their dietary needs rather than enjoy it with family. If there's any time of year to say "I don't give a rats arse", it's your birthday and Christmas. I mean, come on: who would want to diet with Christmas food around? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    I just finished reading ur journal and I know I'm late but
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! !!
    it sounds like it was amazing and OMG I can believe u ate 3 sundaes !?!
    Nt macros or anything bt how did u stomach it : p
    Bt GOD that dinner looks amazing and I love ur journal looking forward to reading more ; )

Thanks!

And yeah, I do that. <<Fatkidatheart.
    How did I stomach it? Like a charm, actually. I did my best to stay away from particularly fibrous foods, like veggies. Screws with my bowels (yay, TMI).

I'll reply to your and the others journals tomorrow when I can - 12:03am as I post this, gotta be up at 5:00am! YAY INSOMNIA!

Everyone have an amazing day/night/twilight and I look forward to chatting next time!

MFP Food Diary:

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Im really happy to see future teacher who likes working with children! you seem do be doing pretty well in ur class, keep It up & good luck with ur lesson plan
    That apple looks delicious you nuked It or baked in the oven?
    About the shrimp.. I bought them frozen once Or twice but they weren't as good. I'll try another brand maybe. The largest ones ofc!

Have a good night and enjoy ur day! I'm sure you'll do fine as always !

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Im really happy to see future teacher who likes working with children! you seem do be doing pretty well in ur class, keep It up & good luck with ur lesson plan
    k
    Cheers

It went alright. Spent a lot of time trying to get two boys to shut up and pay attention to what I was saying. The rest of the kids were great, though! I even got to run another P.E session.

Also booked for two whole days of the whole class next Wednes/Thursday - the latter day I am being assessed by a visiting lecturer. I'm taking lessons mainly on P.E and reading, because I'm me and I'm awesome.

I love the feel of helping kids progress. There's this one who struggles with writing, and I helped him write ore in a session than he has all year. Feelsgood.jpg

Work is keeeping me buuuusy.

That apple looks delicious you nuked It or baked in the oven?
    Baked apples > microwaved explosion. Srsly, try it, it's amazing.

So, today, managed to get some lifts in.

TRAINING - "Some lifts"

Bench:
    10xBar/50
    5x65
    70x/5/5/4/Asshole/3
    60x10/10/10

OHP
    10xBar/30/35
    40x8/6/6/6/7

Notes
    • Tired, so left earlier than usual. "Earlier"... it was roughly 6:30pm.
    • There was an asshole going around the gym giving advice to everyone. Made the mistake of asking him to spot me "You need a wider grip" "Yea, sure" "You know you're working your triceps more than your chest, right?" "Oh, sure". Moron doesn't get his grip width is vastly different to someone shorter than him in height and arm width. Ugh, took the weight off everything on that set. Not a single weight was lifted that time. Jackass.
    • There was a lovely lady squatting whilst I was OHPing, though. Very friendly. We chatted a bit. I like cool people at the gym, take my mind off the assholes. (Peeved/10)

NUTRITION

Protein shake/gelatin coffee
    (No pic)
    Whey, 300ml milk and gelatin coffee. The usual.

Pear and molasse liquorice
    abmC942.jpg
    FoTPqms.jpg
    NOM! Liquorice is awesome. Snacked on this stuff all day, forgot how much I missed this. And a pear.

Baked red potatoes
    (No pic)
    Eaten cold at lunch in the staff room. Just got off duty and had to wolf it down, ffs.

Bacon wedges
    p4u9r7j.jpg
    Diced bacon and mushrooms with cottage cheese on kumara wedges. Fun fact: most of the cottage cheese is actually in the mix; I fried the bacon and mushrooms, then added cottage cheese - it melted and added a delicious flavour and consistency. Savoury sludge mix-ins?

Raspberry Gelatin with Strawberries and Marshmallow Fluff
    2Z5uzEf.jpg
    Yes. Because goddamn fluff. Anyone here ever tried it? It's delicious. Girlfriend loves it. Had a "measured teaspoon" of it in her hot chocolate yesterday (pretty much 1/3rd the jar, lol)

Macros
    P: 136g
    F: 64g
    C: 413g
    Total 2562g

It's kinda funny. Today I was on lunch duty and had to go around and make sure the kids had eaten all their lunch and - despite being coeliac, understanding grains contain many anti-nutrients and frequenting Primal/Paleo forums and (mostly) eating in this way, I made damn sure those kids ate their sandwiches. They want to go and play? Fine, but you'd better eat those PB&J sammies your Mum put in the effort to make for you. Those kids need the calories, srsly, they run around like mad!

This reminds me - I'll be up early enough in the morning to check replies (brb now about to pass out deleriously, spent the evening writing up lesson plans) - can I get some lunch suggestions? Instead of cold, baked potatoes (today) or sushi since I haven't had time to make any, does anyone have an idea of a relatively good meal to bring along?
    (Aware that "meal plan" ideas are stupid and just eat whole foods, ie, fruit, whatever, but seriously have no idea what to bring. Pretty sure teachers in the staff room think I'm weird drinking gelatin coffee and eating cold taters and liquorice, and came damn close to maybe bring tomorrow some kumara with marshmallow fluff on it. Because... I dunno. Shock?

MFP Food Diary:

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Yup there r those kids thay will always drive u crazy, I have living examples at home Im happy ur having a good time and ur enjoying urself to the max
    OMG ur food is literally making me drool !!
    The bacon wedges and the berries with FLUFF!!

And for stuff to take with u , y dnt u take "salads" like ebrady and stuff them with fish or meat and potatoes or kumara (I think that wat its called )
    Way to go on those lifts , keep going
    And damn I know those jackasses bt also sometimes while im working out I find someone doing something wrong like nt going deep enough in benches and squats so I tell them or if they are suddenly releasing in there eccentric movement and that could cause them a sprain so I tell them just for their own good u know and probably when he took off all the weight from u he probably didnt realize it and was just helping , once my sister was spotting me and it was her first time so she literally carried all the weight I got so pissed bt then I realized she ws just helpin

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by egyption grok; 10-17-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    .[*]Really boring, teachers seem to associate in their own little groups. Like kids, I guess. The three of us student teachers just awkwardlysit at a centre table and eat our lunch, occasionally being talked to, but even then, it just feels unnatural. Not to mention. everyone is so damn judgemental of food. My sushi? Comments daily. Annoying as hell. That said, teachers seem to eat plate upon plate of salad. Salasaladsaladsalad, grassgrassgrassgrassgrasscarrot. It's crazy.
    UGHHH. Nothing I can't stand more than people who comment on your eating habits. Like, no one cares about my salads anymore: at first, they looked upon it like it was an extraterrestrial. Kinda scary how many 14-15 year olds don't know what a radish is, or what asparagus is o.O

Past couple of days I've been more active in the class. I've started taking the morning role and have perfected the art of not mispronouncing names, which I know is really annoying to the kids. I've even started reading to them after lunch - so far a book on snake-shaped-cakes and old ladies eating bugs, tomorrow I plan on doing one about a turkey being tricked into eating sheep poop. I love my job.

I also have my first lesson plan tomorrow! :) Reading a book and predicting what will happen next every couple pages. Wish me luck!

We also are introducing volleyball to the school. So our Monday staff meeting was, well, volleyball. Have you ever seen teachers play volleyball? No? You're missing out on outrageous comedy
    I love how you love your job!

Wait, you have told me this before, but I've forgotten because I'm stupid: you're still at uni, aren't you? And this is like a few month sorta deal?

Also, yes, teachers playing any sort of sport is usually quite funny.

[QUOTE=Shadowknight137;1339410]

[QUOTE=Shadowknight137;1339410]NACHOS!/QUOTE]

Omg Omg I think I died. And went to food heaven.

Cheers :)

It went alright. Spent a lot of time trying to get two boys to shut up and pay attention to what I was saying. The rest of the kids were great, though! :D I even got to run another P.E session.
    There's always one (or two.)

Also booked for two whole days of the whole class next Wednes/Thursday - the latter day I am being assessed by a visiting lecturer. I'm taking lessons mainly on P.E and reading, because I'm me and I'm awesome.

I love the feel of helping kids progress. There's this one who struggles with writing, and I helped him write ore in a session than he has all year. Feelsgood.jpg

Work is keeeping me buuuusy.
    :D I want Shadowknight as my teacher. Even though he is only like 3 and a half years older than me. Still. None of my class have made any sort of real progress in English this year. I reckon I could've gotten so much better, had I been left to develop my writing style. But nope. A good teacher is everything, and the kids are lucky to have you.

There was an asshole going around the gym giving advice to everyone. Made the mistake of asking him to spot me "You need a wider grip" "Yea, sure" "You know you're working your triceps more than your chest, right?" "Oh, sure". Moron doesn't get his grip width is vastly different to someone shorter than him in height and arm width. Ugh, took the weight off everything on that set. Not a single weight was lifted that time. Jackass.[*] There was a lovely lady squatting whilst I was OHPing, though. Very friendly. We chatted a bit. I like cool people at the gym, take my mind off the assholes. (Peeved/10)
    Hmm, seems like he didn't want to help anyone...more like "look at how helpful and good at weights I am!" if this wasn't the case, then maybe he was trying to help, but in a really, really bad way.

That being said, most gym peeps are cool. Like that lady.

Raspberry Gelatin with Strawberries and Marshmallow Fluff
    2Z5uzEf.jpg
    <3!

It's kinda funny. Today I was on lunch duty and had to go around and make sure the kids had eaten all their lunch and - despite being coeliac, understanding grains contain many anti-nutrients and frequenting Primal/Paleo forums and (mostly) eating in this way, I made damn sure those kids ate their sandwiches. They want to go and play? Fine, but you'd better eat those PB&J sammies your Mum put in the effort to make for you. Those kids need the calories, srsly, they run around like mad!
    Good on you! I'd say they're a bit young to be telling them about anti-nutrients and Phytic Acid and calcium magnesium and copper and HDL and LDL and all that jazz ;) but yeah, kids need the calories, even though they're bad. (actually, maybe not entirely. I'm sure they'll grow up fine: most people do, I guess.)

This reminds me - I'll be up early enough in the morning to check replies (brb now about to pass out deleriously, spent the evening writing up lesson plans) - can I get some lunch suggestions? Instead of cold, baked potatoes (today) or sushi since I haven't had time to make any, does anyone have an idea of a relatively good meal to bring along?
    Yes, salads are your friend, like EG said :P take a huge container, and meat/veg and colourful veg and fruit. Or, you could bring in stirfry? Beef and rice? Or hell, cold rice and chicken? Chicken drumsticks and diced peppers? Fruit, yoghurt and nuts?

Pretty sure teachers in the staff room think I'm weird drinking gelatin coffee and eating cold taters and liquorice, and came damn close to maybe bring tomorrow some kumara with marshmallow fluff on it. Because... I dunno. Shock? :D[/I]
    Who cares. You're awesome. They'll have to get used to it. ;D

PrimalCon New York
    18/10/2013

Cottage cheese, blueberries and banana.
    9bastXU.jpg
    I had breakfast for the first time in who knows how long. Inspired by the CC King himself, who gave me the amazing idea of slicing bananas.

Pear, Baked kumara wedges and pork rinds
    aUy5F31.jpg
    I hate eating in the staff room. Feels so awkward. Pork rinds = really crunch. Pears = too juicy and dribbly. I've always hated eating around people who actually have a degree of power over me, well, I've always hated eating in general.

[B"Cinnamon Roll" Kiwiyo[/B]
    fWRCjB2.jpg
    A whole tub of the stuff. Got it after saying farewell to the girl and my friend. Verdict? Well, I love cinnamon so HNNNNNNG

Salmon on medium-grain rice with veggies
    IWOLkpp.jpg
    Because I love bro meals.
    (But srsly, salmon is delicious)

Hot cocoa with marshmallow fluff
    mYBHnfX.jpg
    Hit my macros for the day.Cocoa powder, fluff, cinammon, some strawbs and I tossed a couple more marshmallows on top later. (no pic)
    Not sure why I'm on a marshmallow rampage right now. 'tis strange.

Macros
    P: 161g
    F: 63g
    C: 372g
    Total: 2653kcal

19/10/2013

Got a busy day today.

Got, like, 10-15 lesson plans to et up, so just gonna reply to some messages, kill it in the gym and get home to drawl my way through them.
    Fortunately, I'm a nerd and a fantasist, so I'll be able to do them pretending I'm doing something else

Hope everyone has a great day! And thanks for reading!

MFP Food Diary:

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast