Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: La Caféine Sang

Shop Now
    I was really worried about you : / Good to see some signs of your existance!

In terms of Practicum... it's been hard. Damn hard. And, unfortunately, it hasn't been good. I thought I was on track, on task and ready for everything. This week, due to my visiting lecturer coming in, I gave everything up to put in work. The only time I hit the gym this week was literally one hour ago for a meager few sets of squats and the only time I saw my girlfriend, was, well, in about thirty minutes - ie, not at all this week.
    I really understand you! : 3 I wish you a lot of luck & don't worry - it's really gonna be all right! Just rememember - you can't give up, no matter what... Understood ?

Well, not failed. But not achieved. Yes, you know: "not achieved". The ever patronising "Well, better luck next time!".
    Please. "not achieved", "did not succeed", "didn't pass", "did not meet the criteria", whatever - you can wrap it in as many bows you like and shove cherry up it's arse but that doesn't change the fact that I had one task to do and I was unable to complete it to the requirements.
    It hit me pretty hard yesterday when they told me. Worst part was, it wasn't even privately. The lecturer assessed me in class, then my AT came back and we talked in the middle of class to which I was told I did not pass.

How do I feel? At the time: gutted. Absolutely shocked and horrified. Not upset, but ashamed and confused - I never fail. This was just... bizarre. I felt so strange I threw up in the toilest, and my AT sent me home after. Guess she felt sorry for me. I felt like a piece of crap.
    As for now... Well, on the Facebook Uni site the question was asked what needed to be done by the time the lecturer showed up to hand in. General consensus? Nobody knows the requirements. Turns out I'm not the only one. It was very vague in the Brief and all lectures were cut short due to lack of time and often rushed through.
    As a result, I am being re-assessed on the 4 of November.

So now I'm... ambivalent. I'll elaborate later.
    But as far as it wasn't your fault, there is nothing wrong here... I'm sure on 4th of November you will make your best and show those farts what you can do : 3 I'm sure it will be fine!

Yea, I know: water weight and all that, as well as priorities, but it still is kinda irritating. I worked hard and stuffed myself for that weight. Kinda disappointing.
    I read somewhere that your body weight can change over 2kgs during one night so... You shouldn't really care ; 3 E.g yesterday I was 68,5 and today I'm 69,5 xd not possible to overeat 7000 kcals while sleeping lol

And you shouldn't worry about your workouts - I repeat - sometimes you should focus on your school and give up other activities. And I think you should consider doing it now !

Hope everyone had a fantastic day/night!
    Thank you :3 <3

what have you been up to lately? How have you been?
    I'm really moody now ; / I sometimes feel like I would like to explode, start shouting and crying. Omg.. Workouts and eats are pretty fine, I'm lifting heavier and heavier ; 3 Also weight is all right!

Good luck! Have a great day !
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Measly bump of peace.

27/10/2013

What. Whataweekend.

Spent Saturday at Armageddon. Armageddon! Basically a culmination of nerds, losers, rejects, gamers and anime lovers alike, gathered together to celebrate their individuality and freedom from the harsh, critical nature of the outside world!
    What I am trying to say is that I was a wolf amongst lambs.
    I tried to be nice, really, I did. But when the I saw the fourth forty year old plus dude cosplaying as Amy Pond I kinda snapped. And so many people were jackasses, like seriously, I don't give a shit if you're taking a photo or not, I am going to walk past you. You can get all pissy if you like, I don't care, you should have thought about that before you set up right in front of the bloody hallway.

Ahem.

Managed to get some awesome stuff, though. A turtle hat for my girlfriend (she loves turtles), a bag of souvenirs and...

qP3g1yQ.jpg
    fUiMCHQ.jpg

I got a motherflipping sword! Words cannot describe how awesome I am.

Workout?
    • BENCH – 4x5x65 x5x60
    • OHP 5x5x45
    • Bicep curl: 3x10x15

Yea, that was it.

Eats for this day? A whole milk whey shake with almond butter, two hersheys dark bars (they such, don't buy them), some apples and almond butter (girlfriend tried almond butter the other day, loved it and got me kinda hooked) and fried chicken strips/mushroom on kumara. Dessert? Adrian meal. 'Nuff said.

TODAY WAS GREAT, TOO!

Woke up, hit the gym for:
    • DEADLIFT: 3x5x90
    • SQUAT: 5x5x65
    • Crunch: 15/15/10

Short, yeah, but form was good on all fronts and I was pushed for time.

Then I met the girl with her family! Yes, her mother, stepfather, brother and two little sisters had come up from south to visit her and thus myself, so my parents and hers got to meet for the first time.
    Consensus? They get on like a house on fire. It's kinds funny in regards to mothers. Her mother and I nag at her, my mother and her nag at me. It was like a tag team, lol.

Then her family and I went to Kelly Tarltons (undersea tourist thing) to look at sea creatures. It was awesome walking underneath the water in a dome with fish, sharks and stingrays over it - the two little sisters were freaked and excited... I just saw two little sisters in an undersea world, mother of God... and it was kinda romantic - girlfriend and I had our first "under-shark kiss".

We saw this little mofo:
    daEM8ag.jpg
    Amongst many others.

Then we headed off to a mall, where I got a whiskey (FGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my favourite drink ever!) and bought my girlfriend's brother (split 50/50) a sword of his own for an early christmas present. Then we checked out the night market where I bought a punnet of strawberries and was given some gluten free peanut-chicken satays, which were amazeballs. The stuff there to actually buy was pretty crap, but meh - there was cow tongue on sale, but upon inquiring they tossed a tiny bit of flour and soy sauce on, so that was a no-go.

Eats? Milk-protein shake, sushi, mcdonalds sundae, a chocolate bar, three peanut kebabs, dinner (poverty meal) of fried eggs on kumara and asparagus.

Now, now I help friends of mine on Facebook with their practicum before retiring to bed.

Yes, I am aware this update does not meet the standards of my usual posts, but I've been busy.

Tomorrow onwards I'll get back on track - starting witha workout, which is planned to be:
    BENCH - 5x5x65-67.5
    OHP - 5x10x40-42.5
    Bicep Curl - 4x10x15-17.5
    Weighted Crunch 3x15+1kg
    Leg Raise 3x15

Maybe I'll add some more in, but no less. In terms of nutrition? Protein coffee, baby! Thus planned, anyway.

Goodnight, everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic sleep and a great day! Talk to you tomorrow!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Attitude, young man.
    Sky, blue. Grass, green. Skeleton, dead.

Yes, these two come hand in hand.

Is this like some sort of comic con thing? Some people from my school went to one in London yesterday. Loads of anime and marvel; and yes, Doctor Who stuff.

I don't really like fandoms. I like the thing, but I'm not part of any fandoms. Eg: Breaking Bad. Majority of the fandoms are just misogynistic albeist bros who troll IMDb.

Also, you kinda snapped? what did you say to the poor man, for Christ's sake? :P

Armageddon = New Zealand pretty much trying to put comic con and every other foreign event into one. Games, comics, films, anime/manga, tv - you name it, it'll be there.

I basically just made fun of him. To be honest, I can't remember a strict sentence... but I think I made fun of his legs. I am just terrible sometimes.

Are you wearing a blue box? o.O
    LOL.

Nope, that's the side of my iPad. Though a Blue Box would be an excellent cosplay at Armageddon, I admit.

Mate, I didn't do much more than that before I discovered Ice Cream fitness. Thank God for being pointed in a better direction.
    ^^That dude is legit. He now goes by the name "JuggernautFitness" on Youtube due to legal reasons. I'd strongly recommend following him - his nutrition and training information is extremely vast and interesting.

Omfg, yes. So badly! They smell like sick and taste like candle wax. I don't get why people I know go so mental over the American sweet shop in town when there's a store right next to it that sells G&B's and Lindt; both of which have faaaaar superior milk chocolate than Hershey's.

Eh. Opinions.
    It truly was foul.

$2 each for a 41g bar each worth 190kcal. That's 380kcal of shitty chocolate that was totally unenjoyable and I only ate because there was nothing else I could eat. Ugh.

Sounds like a good day :3 one big family. N'aww. What makes it better is that last sentence. So sweet.
    Yeah I love them, seriously. Amazing family. We get on like a charm.

Being 15, I reallllllly shouldn't admit my liking of alcholoic drinks (for the law etc) but yes! Whiskey is so so good. Beaten - or perhaps on par with? - only by cider.
    WHISKEY!

OOooooooOOh! Pretty sure my best friend down in Christchurch is sending up me a bottle of the stuff soon for a late birthday present. He told me on Skype today it was "heavy" and wondered, quite cautiously, if my parents would be checking my mail. IMO it'll be either 1) whiskey, 2)a badass jacket, 3)pot or 4)some of the above.

Das OK. I expect you to smash the gym then come back and tell us all about it ;D

Have a nice sleep, you crazy sword yield-er
    Oh, ho. I did

MFP Food Diary:

28/10/2013

Training - BENCH DAY
    BENCH
    5x55/60
    70x5/5/3/4
    65x5

OHP
    10x30
    5x35
    5x40
    42.5x5/5/5/4

ROW
    42.5x5

DIP
    +8kgx10/10/8

WEIGHTED CRUNCH
    +1kgx15/10/10
    LYING LEG RAISES
    15/15/15
    Notes
    • Was spotted by an awesome lady who I chat with often at the gum. I always manage to get good reps of 70kg when she';s around to help - best spot I've met yet - and I help her on her lifts, too. Added her on FB so we can help each other out in future.

Spent most of the day writing up Fitness lesson plans for the week. This reminds me:
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a Fitness Lesson Plan of which has no equipment besides a netball/basketball court (lined) and fifteen minutes of time in the morning? Running out of ideas, lol.
    Also did some gaming and reading. Has anyone read any of Lee Child's books? The ones about Jack Reacher? Bloody love him. I remember reading Jack Reacher when I was younger and adoring them because they reminded me so much of my own character: headstrong, somewhat arrogant, doesn't take shit and experienced. Great books. 11/10

Now, teh nomz:

NUTRITION

Protein Coffee
    QtdHzTq.jpg
    1 Scoop whey, 300ml milk, 5tsp gelatin and lots of coffee and cocoa powder.

PWO CC
    km1N7mq.jpg
    That's the last of the frozen raspberries, a lot of blueberries, two bananas and a dash on cinammon mixed into a carton of 250g CC. Delicious.

GF Ice cream bar thing.
    tOIV5Qy.jpg
    Saw this in the freezer, and my sisters had one. Came in three flavours - the chocolate coating, I mean - milk, white and dark. Guess which one I got.

Salmon and chips.
    http://i.imgur.com/A4OZW0h.jpg
    Salmon and kumara wedges with sweet chilli sauce. Savoured whilst reading an awesome Reacher book.

Marshmallow stuffed kumara with blueberries and sliced banana
    http://i.imgur.com/4HHhBeV.jpg
    Um... I'm not pregnant. Promise.

Macros
    P: 170g
    F: 71g
    C: 361g
    Total: 2673kcal

Good, solid day.
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 10-28-2013 at 03:46 AM.

MFP Food Diary:

I also snapped some pics in the bathroom of my new shirt (BATMAN! ) and my awesome sword.

Mire my shirt, sword and facials:
    PksYMsJ.jpg
    G4PgCns.jpg
    JWFq9qd.jpg
    cdILmRx.jpg

Oh, God yea, I love this sword. I will not deny I swung it around quite a bit today, because inner child and all that.

Also took a arms-crossed/kinda Jason Blaha pose with the Batman shirt:
    sJYvFAe.jpg
    Mire the amused condescension in my gaze.

Anyway, hope everyone has an amazing night, I'm gonna try catching some rest for Practicum tomorrow morning. Sweet dreams everyone!

MFP Food Diary:

Damn man way to go on those lifts
    And ur foods are better than ever , wat is kumara btw??
    Hahah iv always wanted to go to one of those con stuff , u know just to try it out nt that im a marvel fan or Anything , I have no knowledge in gaming or stuff like that and OMG ur pics r hilarious I swear I kept laughing so hard

P.S have u ever thought of letting ur hair grow again.....IMHO it looked better when it was longer

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shadowknight137, I like you a lot bro. Not only is it awesome to see another teenage guy on here, but you are from NZ too?! This is too cool!

I have read every page of your journal - creepy? probably a little. No shortage of entertainment here. I love teh photos of your eats, reading about your gym progress and most of all the challenges faced at uni - I'm heading south next year for first year.

I've just joined the MDA forum and started a journal, so I'd be stoked to get in on some of the fun going on here
    Nice to meet you!

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    Shadowknight137, I like you a lot bro. Not only is it awesome to see another teenage guy on here, but you are from NZ too?! This is too cool!
    Yo!

Yeah, I am from NZ, actually. Auckland - you're from Wellington, eh? How's stuff down there going for you?

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    I have read every page of your journal - creepy? probably a little. No shortage of entertainment here. I love teh photos of your eats, reading about your gym progress and most of all the challenges faced at uni - I'm heading south next year for first year.

I've just joined the MDA forum and started a journal, so I'd be stoked to get in on some of the fun going on here
    Nice to meet you!

Luke
    Lol, creepy? Not at all. Well, probably a little bit, but this is the internet: we're all used to it. It's how things work. You're heading South for Uni? What one are you going to, and what for? This reminds me I need to update my journal.

Well, it's a pleasure to have you here - seriously, the more the merrier. Especially if you're from New Zealand. I'll admit, I've been out of the loop for awhile, but now I'm gonna do what I can to get back into it. If you haven't already, I'd recommend chatting with EgyptianGrok, ebrady and Adrian - we're all around the same age, and they're awesome.

Welcome to the MDA forums, btw.

MFP Food Diary:

Okay, now I guess I update. While I was typing up my last reply, I thougt I'd type a nice, long explaination, but then I figured "Screw it, I don't wanna linger on this".

Long story short.
    I failed my Practicum assessment.
    I was supposed to be reassessed on November the 4th, but I was called in due to the "relationship being broken" and pulled me out of the school. Didn't give me a chance to say goodbye to the kids, either, and they were so well behaved that day. So pretty much they gave up on me and couldn't be bothered waiting. I'm really fucking angry they dragged it out for another week so I had to suffer the stress and have the hope I could still pass just to have them fail me right in the middle of a lesson plan I had prepped a few days beforehand.

Ugh.

What am I gonna do now? Sit my exams. I'm no quitter, never have been, never will be. I pushed through every day of that Practicum right up until the day I was deemed not good enough. But I didn't quit. I'm gonna sit my exams, get my credits and then probably transfer to a degree of Sports and Recreation next year - Fitness/Nutrition/Impacts on media/etc - which I think'll work for me, because I have a passion for this kind of thing. I plan on, one day, being a PT.
    Need a job, too. Maybe at the YMCA, maybe at McDonalds. The latter actually sounds really appealing.

But what have I been doing in recent days?
    Relaxing. Working. Enjoying company of those around me. Had my girlfriend visit me in town on Friday, we grabbed some Kiwiyo - the owners now think of us as regulars and let us choose our own flavour for the $5 tub, so $20+ worth of ice cream for $10 - and watched the movie About Time then grabbed a GF burger before spending the night at hers. Spent most of Saturday getting to know her father's side of the family, who decided (kinda) they'll have me around next Friday for dinner. Yesterday we just lay on a chair at my place reading, it was nice.

Ugh, well, life is a bitch sometimes and throws us a curve ball. In, fact, most of the time life is a bitch. Then you die. Lovely. But there is no way in hell I consider this year to be a waste. Ever. Anyone who says that is an idiot. I met one of the best friends I ever had, had some amazing and exciting experiences and somehow managed to get the most gorgeous girl in the bloody world to be my girlfriend. Go figure, I'm not doing so bad.

I've decided as of today to get back on track with things. Nutrition tracking, lifting, posting here, etc.

Right now I'm just sitting here, typing away with my black coffee, in my batman shirt, ready to hit the gym in a few. Bench Day today, and I decided to use 5/3/1 as a baseline. Also set new goals in terms of strength and fitness.

So, I'm back, is what I'm saying. Lifting results will be posted later, as will macros, and I think I'll actually use this as a Journal, too. As of so far I've pretty much been saying "Gym was like this, I ate this, and I did a bit of this. It was good". Nah, now I'm gonna do a bit more reflecting. Talk about my day. Make fun of more people. What dafuq not?

Anyway. Til I get back, have a great day, everyone. To my usual circle of chatters, I'll get back into your threads ASAP, and sorry for my inactivity.
    Catch you later.

MFP Food Diary:

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    28/10/2013

Also did some gaming and reading. Has anyone read any of Lee Child's books? The ones about Jack Reacher? Bloody love him. I remember reading Jack Reacher when I was younger and adoring them because they reminded me so much of my own character: headstrong, somewhat arrogant, doesn't take shit and experienced. Great books. 11/10
    Awesome book series, I just finished the latest book . How many have you read?

Your logs awesome, and you seemed to have started a sort of food picture craze here on MDA

I'm probably going to steal your protein coffee idea, it looks awesome.