Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is monogamy worthwhile; is there a point to it? page 7

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    I have a pretty much mixed extreme opinion on this. First I acknowledge that love is way better than sex and that long-term is generally better than short-term.

On the other hand, I don't believe monogamy is the only way, so I think that as long as it's more about loving more than one individual rather than about having more sex you're good to go.
    I have periods of both. Usually when I'm not in a committed type of thing, I try to get with as many attractive, healthy women as possible, then when I stumble across one I want to be monogamous with for a while, it sort of happens organically. I consider this to be the normal way people operate in 21st Century America. Maybe it's influenced by societal pressures, but it would seem strange to me to do anything else.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    It depends on how much money he has. More money=more monoganism.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifla View Post
    Hate it with a passion, but it's honest.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Oh crap, this whole time I thought your name was RichMonogamy, but that's clearly wrong!

Sent via F-22 Raptor

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    the word rich is in his username?

i'm suddenly attracted *simper*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifla View Post
    Really??? Wow. I have been doing it wrong then.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you really have

i'm sort of ashamed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

wiltondeportes Guest
    There are strategic reasons for monogamy without a better second option, but I don't really think that's what we're talking about.

There are pointless things *about* monogamy (like spending 20k for a wedding ring), but strip it all down, and it's just two people in concert with one another. If you repeat that with one person forever, that's monogamy. If you lived a more varied life, that's polyamory.

I would shun the labels and just do whatever your psyche craves. The same goes for sexuality, which is quite meaningless once you abstract it.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Not to derail this excellent thread, but I heard some rumors today that even the Bulgarian split squat may be better for strength than the back squat;

T NATION | Are Bulgarian Squats Superior to Regular Squats?
    I've been doing those for a long time. Unilateral calisthetics are just about all you need. If you build more muscle mass than what your body can move calisthetically, then you're over the hump of usefulness. The muscle mass becomes a drain on your system until you lose it or can't use it.

It's possible that different workout types work better for different athletes. Calithetics work better if you have good enough body mass to use as resistance. If you are starting out skinny, then maybe a weight vest will make the difference. If not, you could try Olympic weights too. But realistically, if you're starting skinny and can't gain just from adding a weight vest, maybe it's better for your body to just be skinny.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Reading the OP, I'd say that if something is no big deal for you, then it's no big deal for you. And if something is a big deal for you, then it is.

I, personally, enjoy monogamy with my husband, whom I met when I was 20. I'm 37 now. So, that's a decent run.

I also think that, so long as we were honest and upfront about it, we could have an open relationship if we both wished. But, we're mostly so busy and ambitious and stuff (with our work), and busy with our kiddo -- that the thought of trying to foster another relationship of this sort is a bit overwhelming. But I know folks who do it, so, you know, good on them and stuff. No judgment from me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast