Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is monogamy worthwhile; is there a point to it?

Shop Now
    Are you looking at this from a purely moral viewpoint....? Morals are as varied as the people that hold them and can be used to justify everything the imagination can conjur.... Medically speaking, a strong case can be made for monogamy. Prior to the 1970's most STDs were easily treated with antibiotics etc. Most of the time they were not lethal, but since the 70's, that isn't the case. With the arrival of HIV/AIDS, the sexual landscape has changed..... Prior to the 70's, when you had sex, your partner's sexual history only mattered for about 60 to 90 days.... now, when you have sex with someone, you are being exposed to everyone they have slept with for, ohhhh the last 10 years or so.....

From an emotional standpoint, jealousy is a huge trouble maker..... I have no doubt that Grok busted more than a few heads over some cute little Grokette....

If you fish in the slut pond, you catch sluts. Try shopping somewhere else. I got my wonderful wife at church! Brutally honest monogamy works great. As long as both of you are invested.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If you fish in the slut pond, you catch sluts. Try shopping somewhere else. I got my wonderful wife at church! Brutally honest monogamy works great. As long as both of you are invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    yup... hard to catch an angelfish in there....

Like two peas in a pod

Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    Are you guys sitting next to each other on the couch and typing away?
    Few but ripe.

This.

Don't go looking for monogamy with people who clearly aren't interested. If one of these girls is willing to cheat on her current bf to be with you then I would say that past behavior is an indicator of future performance. There are women (and men) out there who would be committed to a monogamous relationship. Asking "why oh why isn't this working out?!" When you are dating people who are willing to cheat is like someone coming on here and saying they still eat pasta but why isn't paleo working out? Change your game if you want to change your outcome.

Personal view point, I like monogamy and would never date a guy already in a relationship.

Sent from....right behind you....
    Last edited by CaveBug; 09-17-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    it works for the people it works for, it doesn't work for the people it doesn't work for

that's what all the conversations i've seen here amount to
    that's because it's pretty much the truth.

dude, you're in college. bag it up and stick it in anything that moves. it's hard enough to find "the one" (if you even believe in that) in real life. you'll pretty much never find her while you're in a college atmosphere full of drunken horny, hormone filled sexpots.

What do you want? If you want monogamy, great advice above. If you want a good relationship, great advice above. Cheaters suck.

If you want an open relationship, don't wink and nod about it, sit her down and t-a-l-k to her about what sort of relationship you want to have. Frankly, you need to do that even if the sort of relationship you want to have is monogamy. She should have to be guessing where a poker game fits in with the expectations for the relationship; she should KNOW.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Shop Now
    nah that's a trap.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"