Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breakfast foods page 3

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    gluten free cereals should be ok too. or gluten free pancake/waffle mixes. nothing wrong with some rice flour, potato starch and tapioca starch
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yes if you mean the sprayer type you fill yourself.
    Yep, that, thank you
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Willsellout is offline Junior Member
    Most mornings I drink bulletproof coffee. Keeps me full till around lunchtime.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willsellout View Post
    Most mornings I drink bulletproof coffee. Keeps me full till around lunchtime.
    Perfectly reasonable for kids under 10.

Warm rice pudding and pureed pumpkin with cinnamon and some maple syrup are calling my name lately...must be fall

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    JoanieL, does your muffins come out of the tin? Do you grease it? I find that I always have everything stick to the pan. I end up using paper cups, and then it all sticks to the paper cups. Even if I spray oil on it. What's the secret of getting baked anything out of the baking cups?
    Muffins will always stick to the paper muffin cups. The paper is to keep it from sticking to the muffin pan.

If you make quick breads in baking pans, you are usually instructed to grease and flour the pan. Smear grease on the pan, then put some flour in there and shake it around so it sticks to the grease. I don't know a primal substitute for this.

I make little mug cakes that consist of banana, egg, cocoa powder and almond butter. I also make them with mashed sweet potato, egg white, curry powder and almond butter. I microwave the cake in a coffee mug and the sweet potato stuff in a ceramic bowl. It does not stick (much).

I'm not sure what you are making, but if it's eggs or meat things, you might just need to put more fat in the ingredients to keep it from sticking to the muffin pan, or generously grease the pan with lard, not cooking spray.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Jimm is offline Member
    I prefer savory/salty breakfasts. I grow a lot of greens in the garden (collards/kale/chard, etc) and store it stewed down in broth in low-pressure canned jars. In the morning I slap a mess o' greens and some headcheese (souse) into the cast iron and heat it up on the stove. If I'm feeling spunky I then toss the greens in cider vinegar that has been steeped with something interesting. The super-high fat content keeps me well-sated into the day.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Meat + veggies =
    Breakfast

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I had leftover butter chicken for breakfast this morning. 'twas awesome
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Chicken drumsticks, great at the table or on the go. Also, pumpkin 'pie', without the crust, of course.

Joanie-those Green Eggs and Ham look marvelous. I am going to give them a try.

Willsellout is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    Perfectly reasonable for kids under 10.

Warm rice pudding and pureed pumpkin with cinnamon and some maple syrup are calling my name lately...must be fall
    I didn't say it was. The OP wasn't simply asking about the children, but for the whole family. For me, BP coffee does the trick, which allows me time to get the kiddo yogurt and fruit, oatmeal, or eggs and bacon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123