Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast foods page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    JoanieL, does your muffins come out of the tin? Do you grease it? I find that I always have everything stick to the pan. I end up using paper cups, and then it all sticks to the paper cups. Even if I spray oil on it. What's the secret of getting baked anything out of the baking cups?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Leia, are you using a non-stick pan or cast iron like Joanie? Either way, you need to grease them. For paper cups, I've read that there are parchment paper-based liners that work best over the standard "cupcake" liners. Or you could try silicone liners if those don't worry you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have non-stick ones. I spray them with oil, but stuff sticks to it anyway. When I use paper cups even if I spray the papercups insides, dough sticks to them as well.

I will see if I can buy a cast-iron muffin pan one of these days. Do they sell it?

fit4future is offline Junior Member
    Chopped fruit topped with natural yoghurt, LSA, coconut, nuts, cinnamon. Paleo granola with coconut / almond milk. Veggie hash. Zuchinni fritters topped with avocado. Sausage wrapped in eggplant, zuchinni etc grilled strips. Stuffed capsicums.

I usually alternate fruit & yoghurt with a hot breaky & leave cooking items that take longer till the weekend

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You just need to stop seeing certain foods as breakfast foods vs foods to eat other times. Eat dinner or lunch foods for breakfast.

Dinner leftovers
    A hot sweet potato with cubed cold chicken or beef and whatever condiments you like on top
    A banana and a spoon to coat each bite with almond butter
    Avocado halves and tomato slices, or cut them up and pour salsa on top and eat with a spoon
    Cheese and pickled herring or smoked salmon
    Smoked salmon or herring in sushi handroll wrappers with cream cheese and whatever else you want to try
    Fresh figs, heirloom tomatoes, cold cooked beets, and avocado all cut up and covered with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Sauteed Squid is actually my favorite! Seriously, kind of weird, but true!!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I have non-stick ones. I spray them with oil, but stuff sticks to it anyway. When I use paper cups even if I spray the papercups insides, dough sticks to them as well.

I will see if I can buy a cast-iron muffin pan one of these days. Do they sell it?
    I use lard or coconut oil to lube the muffin pan - I use a paper towel dipped in the fat, then swipe bottom and sides of each section. The sides sometimes stick a little, so I use a thin knife to loosen the eggs around the edges.

I have this one: Lodge Logic L5P3 Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Muffin/Cornbread Pan: Home & Kitchen: Amazon.com

If you are going to routinely make more than six "muffins," I'd recommend getting two tins rather than a bigger one. It looks small, but as cast iron, it's a heavy little sucker.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

oceangrl is offline Senior Member

Leida, something I learned recently. Those spray oils contain a sticky substance (among other gross things) that actually causes non stick to become sticky. Like Joanie, I always use coconut oil, tallow, ghee or duck fat depending on what is appropriate at the time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I use olive oil from a pressure sprayer, does that make a difference? A bit of a paper what my grandma used with butter. I will try lard since I have an inexhaustible supply from our pig and this year's pig is coming shortly... yakes.

Hurray, amazon.ca carries the cast iron one, gotta get that for X-mas!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I use olive oil from a pressure sprayer, does that make a difference? A bit of a paper what my grandma used with butter. I will try lard since I have an inexhaustible supply from our pig and this year's pig is coming shortly... yakes.

Hurray, amazon.ca carries the cast iron one, gotta get that for X-mas!
    Yes if you mean the sprayer type you fill yourself. Ignore what I said about spray oils. I was referring to Pam.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast