Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Slim's 21-Day Challenge Journal page 2

SeattleSlim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbaconandeggs View Post
    A food journal helped me after I did a Whole30. I never counted calories but I did discover reactions to specific foods AND certain combinations of foods. For example: I can eat shrimp and be fine. I can eat spinach and be fine. If I eat shrimp and spinach together, T-minus and counting until I "clear the room". Food reactions can take a few days to fully manifest.

I travel to Seattle area frequently. I love eating at the Brazilian steak house in Belltown, "The Grill from Ipanema". That is a travel cheat. My record is 43 minutes of consecutive meat eating.
    LOL I'll have to check it out!

Yes, I should keep a journal to note some of these reactions. It just really feels obsessive and plays into my disordered eating history, so I'll reserve that idea for later.

Day 7

I did have a pretty crappy night's sleep, though, which honestly I can only chalk up to my overworked brain being in front of a computer all day and not knowing when to shut off. One more day of this insane schedule and then it's back to normal.

Update: Took a short nap and feel 100% better. I have really mastered the art of 30-minute power napping.
    Last edited by SeattleSlim; 09-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Starting weight: 195.8
    Weight at end of 21-day challenge: ???

Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting

Holy crap, I slept all the way through the night without waking up! Woo-hoo!!

I find myself waking up naturally around 7 a.m. without an alarm.

I have only lost half a pound in the past week, so my goal this week is to really pay attention to my carbs and see where I can improve.

That's a great idea, KOBAE.

Day 8, already?

I had a very low-carb day yesterday -- about 75 g (although that's from MyFitnessPal, so take it with a grain of salt). I was so tired and ready for bed, tried to stay up, but turned off the light at 9:30 and conked right out. Woke up at 4:45. I felt fairly awake and should have just gotten up, but I was like "4:45? Screw that!" and rolled over and daydreamed for awhile then fell asleep again until 8 am, and now I feel like shit. Gotta listen to the body, Slim!

Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting

Warrahooyargh is offline Junior Member
    Sleep is still puzzling me a bit too, so you're not alone. A couple of nights I've slept right through and woken up at a decent hour feeling good, but other times I wake up in the small hours, have trouble getting back to sleep and then don't wake up until 9.00 am. I hope we're both able to solve the problem.

Ugh. Woke up with a cold this morning and feel yucky. I really want chicken noodle soup but I have a gluten sensitivity and so can't have any. Somebody call me a waaaaahmbulance.

Day 11.

Feeling better after an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep. However, I really fell off the Primal wagon yesterday. I was feeling so yucky and all I wanted to chicken noodle soup and saltines, so I just said screw it and got some. I have to say, it made me feel really gross. Full, bloated, like there was a rock in my stomach. I ate some and then threw it all away.

For some reason on this challenge I'm finding it easier to really listen to my body, which is not something I normally do. Time for some veggies!

Yes, definitely, I'm realizing that many of my cravings are mental.

Day 12

I'm still feeling very blah and unmotivated. Struggling. Tired of cooking for myself. I just want someone to come and do it for me, just for one night. You know?

Day 15

Sheesh, the time is flying. I'm doing not fantastic at the moment.

I know two things: I'm working too much and don't leave enough time for taking care of myself. Also, the only way this really works for me is when I focus solely on how I feel. When I lose that focus I really start to slide. I do believe that 20+ years of dieting has put me really out of touch with my body. But, one foot in front of the other, right?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 16

I'm realizing something else about this challenge: I am having a very difficult time without having my diet revolve around gluten. Everything from toast in the morning to pasta for dinner -- it's such a different way of thinking to do this, and I am just having the hardest time making this change.

I need to learn how to cook better. Unfortunately, I don't have a grill or place to put one, so pretty much all I do is salad or one-pot dishes (curry with chicken thighs, anything with ground beef, etc). Other than that, I don't know how to cook meat without making it all rubbery and dry.

I wonder if those electric grill pans actually work well. I'm really sick of one-pot meals. So far I've been relying heavily on Whole Paycheck and Chipotle, and that's unsustainable. I obviously need to find some total beginner Paleo cooking websites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast