Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Free Market page 8

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Social contract is a myth. All parties must agree to a contract or else it's invalid. Social contract is an imaginary contract cited arbitrarily by aggressive people.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I always kinda feel like it's the same thing as if I were bullying my wife and then invoking her marital oath. EVEN THEN though, she did elect to marry me, whereas a subordinate who must kneel before judgments of the State is subject to its power merely because he was born within a given imaginary line
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Social contract is a myth. All parties must agree to a contract or else it's invalid. Social contract is an imaginary contract cited arbitrarily by aggressive people.
    Ok then, stop taking dollars.

She can't buy oil without them, because someone is pointing guns at that whole industry, and you can't boycott oil
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    She can't buy oil without them, because someone is pointing guns at that whole industry, and you can't boycott oil
    Yep. I'm not allowed to use any other currencies so I'm forced to use my only option for certain things or go without. I have to play the game or live a more difficult and lackluster life. Given the choice between this or nothing, I'm going to choose what's most beneficial to me.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Yep. I'm not allowed to use any other currencies so I'm forced to use my only option for certain things or go without. I have to play the game or live a more difficult and lackluster life. Given the choice between this or nothing, I'm going to choose what's most beneficial to me.
    There are intermediate steps between all fiat currency and no dollars. These steps all do require more time and effort but they are all beneficial to the individual, but financially and morally.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    There are intermediate steps between all fiat currency and no dollars. These steps all do require more time and effort but they are all beneficial to the individual, but financially and morally.
    Absolutely. But gas, home oil, and shopping at regular stores is easier with USD. Heh

I really like bartering. It's so pure.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Ok then, stop taking dollars.
    A guy created an alternative currency known as the Liberty Dollar. He was in business for a few years, but men with guns stopped him.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Fed but I take issue with the last sentence.

Long Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    From your link. the Long Depression of 1873, "Though a period of general deflation and low growth, it did not have the severe economic retrogression of the Great Depression," in 1939.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    A guy created an alternative currency known as the Liberty Dollar. He was in business for a few years, but men with guns stopped him.

and robbed the people with money deposited in his vault

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast