Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Free Market page 7

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    It's interesting that the private Federal Reserve System of private Banks was created, in 1913, to prevent the boom and bust cycles. They're now worse than they ever were before.
    I'm not a fan of the Fed but I take issue with the last sentence.

Long Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    You seem to be overwhelmed by the ideas of 'force' and 'control'. A Title Insurance Policy is an agreement between two parties stipulated by a written contract. No force or control is involved. Difference of opinion of ownership is previously agreed between the two parties to be argued in a court of law. The court of law could also be an agreement between two parties stipulated by a written contract. That is a private court. This has been done continuously in American history, and is commonly done today.
    Yesterday in the Bay Area a man shot the people trying to evict people. The cops were called.

Fiat currency is a social contract. It works well enough.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    that's a code word, social contract. I never signed shit. I try and opt out of all kinds of clauses there, and there's always an overseer, weapon in hand, ready to force me to come to his terms
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Libertarianism is a cunard. It's a petit-bourgeouis fascism that wants to use money, as opposed to the state, as a means of control. It's the favored ideology of reactionaries who've internalized the power complexes of their masters.

which is what I mean to address by this thread, because

Libertarianism is a cunard. It's a petit-bourgeouis fascism that wants to use money, as opposed to the state, as a means of control. It's the favored ideology of reactionaries who've internalized the power complexes of their masters.
    and yet, conceptually-justified, abstract, master-class, force-backed control is an inferior means of organizing human populations, compared to voluntary exchange and personal contracts
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    that's a code word, social contract. I never signed shit.
    Yeah, it's a code word for being a human being. I never signed anything that said I had to cover my mouth when I cough. Yet I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Yeah, it's a code word for being a human being. I never signed anything that said I had to cover my mouth when I cough. Yet I do.

that is untrue- what you are talking about is a biological reality that deals with nonverbal communication, threat and aggression and mutual-defense signaling, and implied shared or divisive incentives, all of which are in fact part of being a human being.

"Society" though is a concept, the definition of which differs subjectively not just in every individual mind, but in individual's minds at different times of their lives, even throughout the day and by context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    and yet, conceptually-justified, abstract, master-class, force-backed control is an inferior means of organizing human populations, compared to voluntary exchange and personal contracts
    Which is near-impossible in a private-property environment.

Unless first we cleared away the inheritance of the remnants of the feudal classes

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast