Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Teri page 9

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by terijr View Post
    Normally that is when I go off track when he and my daughter want the fast food and I just go along with it. Not yesterday!!! (happy dance) haha :0) I also had a few pieces of dark chocolate later, which I haven't had in awhile. I have to tell you a funny thing. So I have been testing my glucose every morning and it has stayed around 200. This morning though is was 182....humm.....yep it must be the chocolate! hahaha

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome! Congratulations.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

terijr is offline Member
    Thanks MsSmith!!!

terijr is offline Member
    Good Morning everyone!!!!!!! I've felt so good for the past few days not only physically but emotionally as well. I think God is really doing a healing as I have been trying to focus on Him. Thank you Jesus! I've really been focusing on being thankful. You can't be grumpy when you are thankful. I've just been smiling and not letting things that normally get to me effect me and it feels good.

I weighed myself for some reason this morning and I was down another pound. Yay! My new meds are effecting me in a weird way. I don't really have an appetite and other things that are not lady like to talk about. I'm discouraged that my glucose has not dropped. It was 208 this morning.........I guess I was wrong about the chocolate! Darn! hahaha I guess I just need to be patient and let things flow because I am making the right choices. I do feel laid back about this whole process. By that I mean I'm not stressing about when and how much I lose or I don't freak out about everything I eat. No offense to those of you who do all the math and food break down stuff but I would go completely crazy if I had to think about macros etc. I want things to just flow naturally and so far that has worked for me.

Well this has been an interesting journey. I'm so excited that I'm only 4 lbs from the 170's. I haven't seen that in 19 years!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!!!!!!!

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terijr View Post
    I'm so excited that I'm only 4 lbs from the 170's. I haven't seen that in 19 years!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!!!!!!!
    That. Is. Awesome!!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Teri, lovely that things are inching in the right direction. Just a thought I had - try to keep your protein portions smallish as the excess will become sugar in your system. If you are not doing a lot of exercise your needs are a bit lower. Just trying to think why your bloodsugar is still sitting at that level. I am not diabetic but my mom is and she was a having a lot of success controlling her bloodsugar with restricting her protein portions. Of course she still ate grains etc so is not getting off her meds. Just hang in there and keep trying to figure out what YOUR body needs and how it needs it. A big part of this journey is learning to listen to your own body and that is an ongoing process. I am still on that journey over a year later, but I am much better than I used to be. I am so glad that you are feeling more stable emotionally. That is a big deal - most of my overeating is emotionally fired. The Lord Jesus is so faithful to walk us through all the challenges we face and there is always hope. I pray that you can figure out what is keeping your blood sugar levels raised. Sleep is a huge factor too - I am a different person when I get enough sleep. It helps our bodies heal and with diabetes you need that even more. Have a wonderful day!!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

terijr is offline Member
    Well everything has been level for a bit. Here comes a new challenge, the Holidays. I think I will be okay. I've been slipping and sliding along. It may be a bit of a struggle but I think I will do okay. I feel pretty set in my new lifestyle that nothing is going to send me off into a downward direction. There are lots of good stuff like turkey, green beans and I will probably take a taste of stuffing and potatoes if I feel like I have to have it. My health is not going to be undone on one day's taste of something. I will probably have a small small piece of pumpkin pie. I know it will be fine.

I wish everyone a very happy happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for so many things!!!!

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    My health is not going to be undone on one day's taste of something.
    Hear, hear!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! How are you doing today?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

terijr is offline Member
    Head hung.....sheesh......Primal Thanksgiving....EPIC FAIL!! I don't know what to say really. It started off okay but then things just fell apart. I had a 5 day binge. Pizza, candy, cookies, brownies, pies, fried sea food, french fries, Pepsi, I can't remember it all. No sleep. Stress!!! I feel miserable today. I am bloated. My head is spinning. I got on the scales and I gained 10 pounds!!!!! in 5 days. SMH I can't believe I did it. There is a bible verse that says lest we think we stand firm, we fall. SMH

Well there is nothing I can do about the past 5 days. I need to move forward. Get back to my routine. I called and change my stress test appointment because how I feel now is not a good thing. I fall down and I just pick myself up and move on albeit I fell in a deep mud hole! haha Still I have today and tomorrow..... Again there is no timeline and I'm still on a learning curve. I know better than to do that again. I have to problem solve that for next year. Christmas will be easier, staying here.

I really can't believe how bad I feel. So today I'm starting what I hear people call a detox. I'm going to walk, eat 100% primal for the next 30 days. Yes I can do it. Oh you know what surprised me is my glucose didn't change. Weird. I thought it would be 300 this morning.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I did get to see family and we shared our memories of my mom and gramma that have gone on to be with the Lord. It was good. Lots of laughs. I am thankful for so many things!

Have a great day!

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Slip ups happen, don't let it get you down too much.
    Best of luck with your whole 30.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast