Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Teri page 2

terijr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good morning! Well I was feeling kinda shaky last night. A certain person in my life makes me upset and it triggers the need for food! But I staved it off and didn't cheat. I turned to blueberries and whip cream. Plus it helped that nothing was bad in the house although I have been known to go out at an ungodly hour in search of food. The funny thing is last night I dreamed I cheated, an all out food fest. When I woke up I was like did I cheat? No it was just a dream. :0) I'm okay. I'm still bothered that nothing went down on the scale the other day but I haven't weighed myself. I know I need to think of the success and not the number. Why am I changing my lifestyle? Just to lose weight only....NO...to be healthy and strong and live all the days given to me. Not "cheat" myself out of any of the days! So I again retrain my brain to think about what is the truth for today. Truth is I have stayed on primal, I do feel so much better physically and there is a difference in my clothes. So today is good. One thing I have been doing is first be thankful for my food and think about how good it is. Like last night, how sweet and good the sweet potato was and it's good for me. I think realizing what good I have blocks the thought of what I don't, ie, ice cream, cake, candy.

Another success, I did walk last night! Yay! Seems dumb to think that is a big deal but it has been a block and now I'm past it. I only walked a mile but it's a start. I'm going to go up a 1/2 mile today and each day after until I walk 45 minutes. It's going to be fine.

B Two eggs, 3 slice bacon
    L Spaghetti Sauce w/ gr pepper, mushroom, bison over cooked cabbage
    D Pork chops, salad w/ dressing
    Last edited by terijr; 09-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Well great weekend. Still feeling good with I think increased energy. I went to Raven Rock State Park to hike. I usually avoid the stairs that go down to the bottom of the rock. I had such a hard time going up and down them. Very steep! But I just decided I was feeling good and I should do it. To my amazement, I went up and down with absolutely no problem! I was a bit winded at the top but was able to shake it off in a few minutes. It made me feel so good to be able to do that. I need to keep this in mind because this morning I weighed myself and no loss, none, noda. Very sad. I don't know why. I feel like I'm doing what needs to be done. I feel so good and I do feel a difference in my clothes. I don't exercise so I can't say I'm building muscle. I know I had Chipotle on Saturday but I had the salad with everything primal. I skipped the beans, rice, corn salsa so I thought it was good. Yesterday, after the hike, I did indulge in dark chocolate but everything else I ate was primal humm Well I'm not just throwing in the towel because no weight loss. Surely it will have to come sooner or later. Any suggestions from anyone?

B Two eggs, slices of tomato
    L IF (forgot my lunch oh well, I'm not feeling starved)
    D Beef, salad, blueberries, whip cream, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-01-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Good morning! It's a good day. Nothing new and interesting. Still learning to retrain my thoughts about my new lifestyle. I need to focus on the lifestyle and not think of it as a diet to lose weight. I keep reminding myself about how I feel, what I've done, like climbing the Raven Rock stairs and that is my new life. I get to change. I have choices and not be controlled by circumstances and feelings. It is so interesting to me the lack of physical cravings. There are still emotional cravings but I'm realizing food is not the answer to them. I have gone to God for those emotional needs. He does a way better job than ice cream any way. I just never made the choice. I haven't weighed myself again. I wanted to....you know that all important number.....but I'm not going to give into that. I will weight on Monday and see at the end of the challenge. Something has to give sooner or later. haha

B Two eggs, homemade sausage, coffee, cream & palm sugar
    L. IF (need to work through lunch for dentist appointment, it was good yesterday)
    D Chicken thighs, salad, dressing, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Well today is a new test for me. We had a luncheon for the employees and then we were to have cake to celebrate the company president's birthday. Well it was a surprise but he didn't show up. So everyone had lunch and we are going to have the cake this afternoon when he gets in the office. Lunch was pizza but I was good. I brought a salad and was fine with it. I love the social aspect anyway. I don't know if I will have a bite of the cake yet but probably not. I'm still feeling good and I think my shirt is getting looser. I'm focused on feeling good and I know the sugar sends me in a vortex I don't want to be in. The physical craving is not there for the cake so if I do it's just a mental thing. I'm just so happy to be a day 17 and have been able to maintain the primal lifestyle. My walking has been inconsistent but I have been lifting/carrying heavy things and doing the stairs. I'm not perfect but I'm doing okay. I wish I had some feedback but I can travel this alone. I have no local tribe. I'm in my desert season and I'm learning a lot about myself so it's all good. This to will pass.

B Two eggs, bacon
    L Chef salad with little bit of dressing
    D Steak, stuff zucchini, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-03-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Big Smile!! I decided to wear jeans to work. I normally wear my skirts. I haven't worn jeans because they didn't fit real well but today I pulled a pair out and they fit good! I was a bit surprised. I haven't weighed myself but my clothes tell the tale. :0) I did not eat the cake yesterday!! (taking a bow, haha) I was thinking in the car this morning on the way to work about what I've been doing this past few weeks. I came to realize that this is going to be my new norm. Always before it was a "diet" to lose weight. I have really transitioned my mindset from "diet" to "I get to change my lifestyle". It's exciting but a bit scary. Still in the back of my mind there is a hint of doubt that this might not be real and failure looms around the corner. You go to what you know and food has been my life to large degree. Love and comfort in the cake and ice cream. As I type that statement I think it is sad but what's good is that is the past! Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be!

B Two eggs, slices of tomato
    L IF (working through lunch)
    D Chicken thighs, salad, stuffed zucchini, dark chocolate, milk
    Last edited by terijr; 10-04-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Feeling good today. Put on another pair of jeans that fit better. Yay! Still feeling strong and focused. Still taking it one day at a time. Last night my person that causes my world to be unbalanced came over. He tried to get me to eat non primal but I held tough. Everything went fine. I didn't want to go eat a billion things when he left. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. This morning I was thinking about my commitment to this. It started out with the three week challenge. So I was saying to myself, well I can commit to three more weeks. Then it was like no until the end of the year. Then I realized no this is for life! I want to have more life so this has to be my life. I spent all my life eating so bad;cakes, ice cream, fast food, pizza, all in large quantities. I never believed I could live a different way. Now I believe I can do this. I can be the "Teri" that has been yearning to come out and not be afraid of life. No more "if only"s.

B scotch eggs, coffee
    L I hate to post it but scotch eggs again. I was rushed and all I had. At least it's not fast food!!!
    D Chicken, salmon, cole slaw, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-07-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Ok so yesterday was the last day of the 21 day challenge. I did well this weekend staying within my carb range. I've been having dark chocolate every day but still staying in my range so no cheat. This morning I got on the scales....... :0( I only lost 1 pound in the past two weeks. I am so disappointed. I really thought there would be a difference since my jeans felt different. Was it my imagination? I started to fend off the disappointment by saying I do feel better even if but to be totally honest I want the scale to go down. I'm doing what I should be doing so I feel like I deserve it. So I turned on the TV this morning and Joyce Meyer's was on the channel. She was talking about how she has struggled through things while other people just breeze through and have miracles. She said miracles do happen but she said point blank "miracles don't mature us". Then she was talking about what we are like compared to how God operates. She lit a sparkler and it burst with lights then just stopped. I smiled and said Thank you, God for putting a mirror to my face in just these few minutes. That was me. Blast of light ****I'm going to lose 5 pounds this week*** then fizzle. I want miracles and I don't want to mature in this new lifestyle. I'm learning through the process, maturing, growing. It will make me stronger than if I had lost 5 pound in a week. One thing I have learned, is to be thankful. It changes my perspective. I am thankful that I lost 5 pounds in the 3 weeks. I didn't gain and I did keep my commitment. I didn't fail. I'm okay. I'm maturing and growing out of my need for the "love" food. Growing to make wise decisions for my health. Maturing and learning through this process to depend on God and take it one day at a time. I feel so much better than I did after I got off that scale.

So I am committing again for the next month. I will evaluate my food choices and stay primal. I will commit to walking more. And most importantly, I'm going to relax, trust God and enjoy the process.

B Egg muffins, coffee
    L soup & salad
    D salmon, chicken, sw potato, cole slaw, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-08-2013 at 05:53 AM.

I'm okay today. I'm in a neutral mood. It's not fun going through something challenging. I still shake my head that I'm doing right, I know I am and I still didn't lose. I know my diabetes may effect it but really I did the "cabbage soup" diet and lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. It didn't effect that. I know I know but what can I say. I even feel like the clothes I thought fit better now feel like they are not. The mind is such a battlefield. Just staying the course anyway. I do feel better and have energy but I want to feel better and have energy and weigh less! hahaha

B IF (I forgot my breakfast. I'm not hungry any way.)
    L Egg Muffins
    D chicken, cole slaw, dark chocolate.
    Last edited by terijr; 10-09-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Not much to say today. Just plugging forward. Stay the course. I have decided to join Crossfit. MDA info on diabetics shows I need resistance training. I hope that helps to burn the extra glucose I have.

B Coffee
    L Salad, chicken
    D Salmon, tilapia, sweet potato, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-10-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Livlytique is offline Senior Member
    You're doing amazingly! Your meals are all perfectly Primal, you seem to just eat when you're hungry too, which is great. And you're really thinking positively about the lifestyle change, it's not the number on the scales that matters but how your clothes fit, how your body looks etc etc. I haven't been as strict as you (I eat a LOT of rice it seems, and way more snacks between meals!) and I haven't seen the scales shift either (though I must admit I don't really have anything to lose, a couple of pounds would still be a nice ego boost wouldn't it!), but the last couple of weeks I've noticed looking in the mirror that my waist is a bit more pulled in, and my stomach is way flatter. I put this down to no gluten and very little caffeine & dairy. So keep up the seriously good work, make sure you get out for your fresh air every day, and maintain that positive outlook!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast