Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Teri page 11

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You are sounding so positive Teri! Awesome! Every bit you lose is gain And goals are fun, but we have to be careful not to get too crazy with expecting miracles. It sounds as though you are right on track though and if it takes a few days or weeks longer to get to that goal - who really cares?! Hope you had an awesome day!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

terijr is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Coll!

Well steady as she goes. Just plugging along. Nothing earth shaking to report. I haven't lost any more. I still have inflammation which I can tell because of my rings. The carb face is gone though, thankfully. I've had a few small blips but I'm doing okay. Onward and downward! haha

Have a great day everyone!!!

Well I have to make a confession. I have been bad for the past few days. (hanging my head) Sigh....I have ate so bad for the last few days. I know it is emotional eating. I have a bunch of feelings about this Christmas. This Christmas is a lot is different and I'm doing what I know.....eat. I am trying to figure out what I need to do about these feelings other than stuff them down with bad food. I haven't gained weight....yet but I know where this is headed........... Any advice is appreciated.

If you can take some time just you and the Lord with a piece of paper, pencil and your Bible and ask Him where the issues roots lie. Sometimes writing a letter to Him about how you are feeling and what is troubling you can bring it out like a boil being lanced. It is amazing how faithful He is to lead us into healthier ways of thinking and behaving. I just want to encourage you though - it is a journey and no-one gets it all fixed in one shot that I know of!! Just keep on persevering and leaning on Him and you will see how He shows you the way to go. If I think back to where I was, emotionally, years ago, it is scarey indeed. I still have a LOT to learn and see changes in, but I am a VERY different person now and all the praise goes to Jesus who has stuck by me and has been so patient and loving and kind even when I really don't deserve it. He has good plans for you and working your way through these old habits is part of the freedom we are going to learn. I am in the throes of some of my own habits right now and wrestling with them. But there is always hope in the midst of the struggles, because He is good!!!

On a practical note, I find that eating carbs sets off a big desire for more and more and more food. When I keep my carbs low and make sure I get enough fat and veggies with my meat I lose the desire for gorging myself on the bad stuff. Also, find some paleo/primal friendly treats that you really enjoy and make sure you get a little regularly. Keep satisfying snacks around and plan what you are going to eat before you do. I find that when I am out of control, keeping a record of everything I eat, helps me slow down and start to get a grip on my choices again. Keep coming here for encouragement! We love to cheer you on - we all have times of needing to hear advice from others. Many times it isn't even the advice that is necessarily particularly helpful but just that people care and want to see you overcome! You go girl - keep your head up and your eyes on the one from whence comes your help....

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    terij, I sent you a private message.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Thank you Coll. That is a great advice about seeking God. I have been thinking about doing a fast to seek God in this bondage. To get to the truth and be freed. I know in other areas of my life where there has been bondage it has been a lie that I have believed. Once it was revealed I was free. You are right it is a journey but I think it is more like a battle, that the enemy is trying to defeat me. My aunt encouraged me yesterday that the battle will be ultimately won. I just need to regroup and fight back to win. I will do as you suggested about the pen, paper and Bible.

Thanks for caring!!

MsSmith, I sent one back to you. :0) Thanks!

Was today a better day Teri? I have been thinking of you ... hang in there.

Today is Coll. Thanks for thinking of me! I realize this is a battle for me and I'm just going to have skirmishes until the battle is won. I am back on track today and I've decided to do a fast when my daughter goes out of town. It will be a good time for me to focus and not have distractions.

I may have fallen but I haven't given up. (dusting myself off)

:0)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast